2018 PotWR Round 1: Registration/Campaign Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUJkrhF.gif

Fellow denizens,

Instead of something more traditional, such as sermon or prayer, please allow this bit of history to provide the reflection and spiritual guidance guidance our humanity so craves in these hard times of decision-making and change.

Taking inspiration from the pioneers of history, it’s time we turn our attention to the matter currently at stake. A battle looms. A battle over control of a sticky-thread. Some will tell you it’s just another sticky-thread. There to quickly scroll past on the way to our steady diets of scathing opinions and brutal facts. Some will tell you it's a partisan quest for power. For narrative. For superiority of ideology. For bragging rights. Thus far it has been. And it's something I hope to change.

47FmDtN.gif

Please hear me out on the following three topics:
  • Something our community lacks and how to add it.
  • Investment in our community.
  • Motives.

WHAT’S LACKING?

Not community. We love it here. Outsiders call it a bad habit. I call it a higher pursuit. And like any living organism, we’re not perfect. We ebb. We flow. We hurt and feel. We’re men and women of courage though. Made of something a cut above. We challenge each other on topics not easily understood and digested. We do so with fact and fiction. All in an attempt to one-up the other. And in the War Room that’s the name of the game. It’s the allure and will of the Just Bleed God.

While our battles here aren't physical, we batter each other mentally. We use whatever dirty moves we can to rustle our foes, hoping they break. We target opinions to snuff out, akin to territorial pissing. And we love it. But there’s rumblings of wanting more. I’ve shared in those rumblings. The rumblings that criticize the lack of respectful and productive conversation. The lack of simple tact, let alone statesmanship. This campaign is here to propose a place of cleansing. A more formal gathering where We the Pigs People of the War Room have occasion to wash off that sweet, sweet muck and glorious slop in which we root and revel.

CAMPAIGN PLATFORM

• 20 thread topics running 2 weeks each in the sticky section. There's approximately 43 weeks during the term. The extra three weeks will be easy to fill and we use them for a thread that goes long. Consider those weeks open-ended.
  • Civil and respectful discourse only. These 20 threads will be to put our best foot forward.
  • On-topic posts only. If the thread-starter decides something is off-topic, then it is.
  • Threads hosted by community members, as much as possible. As President the intent is to never start a thread myself. Of course, I'll fill in any participation gaps.
  • When the primaries begin, polls will be held via an upcoming Cubo de Sangre Town Hall Meeting thread to determine the most popular ideas for thread types. The specifics of thread content and thread starters will be based on the results.

eauK2Xl.gif

POTENTIAL STICKY-THREAD CONTENT

• One-on-one debate
  • Expert ask-me-anything
  • Hot-button issue that never fucking goes away and for once we'd like to see discussed civilly
  • Common misconceptions by those lacking professional knowledge
  • State of the War Room (observations on our fellow posters)
  • A current event too hot to handle by normal standards
  • Feel-good current events
  • An OP composed jointly by posters with opposing viewpoints
  • Change my mind
  • Your best hookers and blow stories (or some reasonable facsimile)

5WEgo7m.gif

HOW CAN WE INVEST IN OUR COMMUNITY?

By contributing. Not just sharing what you'd like to see, or by becoming a thread-starter, but also by participating from thread to thread. This will both help the topics evolve and strengthen the discourse. More importantly, we'll create different interactions due to the environment, which might then bleed over elsewhere in the forum. Maybe we gain newfound respect for others we'd previously written off. One thing is for certain, without traffic we've got nothing. In that sense we all need each other.

LmscM2v.gif

WHY AM I SEEKING YOUR VOTE?

The simple answer is my desire to see the plan outlined above implemented. But that wouldn't tell the whole story of why I'm willing to suffer the harsh criticisms that are sure to come. Why I'm risking that kick in the ego of losing a popularity contest. So beyond the benefits we'll all share in, of course there are things more personal. Yes, validation from one's peers is precious and something I'd cherish. But know I'd never throw it in anyone's face. Perhaps what's most important is a need for creativity. A need to take on a project of interest. The hope of finding an appreciative audience and delivering the goods.

hLfxaIK.gif

So on humble knee, I honorably request my fellow War Room citizens to please consider me for our Presidency. In an effort to champion non-partisan, and open-minded representation, I announce my candidacy to we the voters. My friends. My antagonists. My family by choice.

I'm also pleased to announce @Gutter Chris will be running on the ticket as Vice President.

Au revoir, Scum.

x7GJALb.gif

ELRcKnf.gif

DUJkrhF.gif

*Official notification for @Lead the venerable, as per the rules.

Very impressive. Just a tip though, if you use a tag in a spoiler, they will not be notified

You are added to the candidates list

Registered
@Cubo de Sangre
@Farmer Br0wn
@Lord Coke
@IDL
@Bald1
@dontsnitch
@JDragon
@irish_thug
@RerouteToRemain
@spamking
@Jack V Savage
@InternetHero
@sniper
@Hunter Simpson
@Liquid Smoke
@Scrody
@nostradumbass
@Madmick
@IngaVovchanchyn
@Teppodama
@bushman505
@waiguoren
@Protectandserve
@SBJJ
@Roaming East
@Greoric
@oleDirtyBast4rd
@44nutman
@lifelessheap
@Stoic1
@floivanus
@Arkain2K
@xcvbn
@MC OverPressure
@LogicalInsanity
@RockstarChris
@JamesRussler
@panamaican
@Lord Palis
@Gandhi
@Jackie Blue
@Trotsky
@KONG-D'SNT-TAP
@snakedafunky
@Lowmanproblems
@Kafir-kun
@Gregolian
@A.C.
@MusterX
@Neph
@Dolomite
@jlagman
@jefferz

@Chesten_Hesten & @HomeCheese, You currently don't have 200 posts in the WR during 2018. You are free to post through out the week and try to reregister

@gassius_clay & @Ripskater, you do not qualify this year with the newer join dates. You are still free to participate through these threads and support a candidate of your choice.

More voter suppression at work.

What sort of liberal crap are you trying to spread? Im all about personal accountability. If a poster cant take the time to read the sticky they shouldnt get to vote. I demand every WR voter show us their photo ID or voter registration card before they are allowed to vote!

Sniper, Bald1 and Viva got registered by Cubo
@LuchaBear , you don't currently have 200 posts but you are very close. Please post more in the WR and try to re-register

I'd like to register

I'm sorry Rip but one of the criteria is a join date of October 2017 or earlier. You unfortunately will have to wait it out an election. You are still encouraged to participate and support whichever candidate you think is the best fit for the office. I'm sure an endorsement from you would mean something to some of those running.

Guess I better officially register as well. @Lead might be a stickler for technicalities. :cool:

By announcing you candidacy, I have to screen that you are a citizen and add you there before the candidate list so your fine.

@Lead

Please register me

I’m officially offering up my vote for a 6er of New Castle and a 100 dollar Caesars Palace chip

You're added

A tag would have been nice. Normal people don't look at stickies.

@Lead, please register me kind sir.

Announcement regarding my candidacy will be forthcoming.

Added and noted

Russian hacker checking in.

You are registered. Collude away.

58 people registered in one hour...

Adding myself

58 people registered in one hour...

Adding myself
Nice. Last year we had right around 200 regulars participating in the shenanigans. I expect around the same this year as we've lost and gained, or more accurately recycled a bunch of users.

Kudos man for running this gong show once again.

Nice. Last year we had right around 200 regulars participating in the shenanigans. I expect around the same this year as we've lost and gained, or more accurately recycled a bunch of users.

Kudos man for running this gong show once again.

Last years registry was 299. This year, I believe it will be north of 330.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back