***2018 NBA Playoffs v8 - Drederick Tatum Edition***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm picking the Warriors to win game 7.

CP3 not playing game 7.

Iggy probably not playing either.

Warriors in 7.

first time since 1979 both Conference finals going to Game 7.

if you listen to some old heads every series in 80s and 90s was 7 games and decided by a buzzer beater in each game as teams played perfect defense and hit 99% shots.

thoroughly entertained these finals. blowouts happen because teams can hit 3s unlike anytime before. Rockets knocked down 8/12 threes in 1st Quarter. Warriors 7/12 in 3rd. too fucking good. 24 and 21 points on 12 shots is like going 12/12 from mid-range.

unless they move back the three point line, teams will dominate at home shooting 3s in home comfort while struggling on the road.

There's no fucking way you can be cool with this.

Welp James is gonna finally have to be clutch in the playoffs in the biggest game of his life.

The only reason I bought season tickets this year and next was the addition of Paul as I believed he would be the clutch guy and take the pressure off James in the playoffs. I’m really scared of a repeat of game 6 spurs last year

I was 4 rows back for that one and could see from minute one James head and heart wasn’t in it. I’ll be courtside for game 7 unless I can sell tickets for a good profit(4K each) and will be terrified and saddened if I see that same spirit again.

Paul injury really is a tragedy.

But hey this is why the play the games!

Let’s go rockets!!!

Inside NBA's entertainment value has never disappointed. only pre/post game show worth watching. lol.
I like that they bash on eachother so openly too, that gif "when barkley picks your team to win" and them trolling him pregame was great (he did pick houston too)

Things ive learned from these playoffs:

*Brad Stevens is legit

*The Celtics are stacked even without Kyrie (Hayward is a bum, both Brown and Tatum are already far better.

*The cavs are trash

*Kerr is too philosophical in his coaching approach which takes away from his x's and o's.

*Curry has the heart of a lion, absolutely fearless and selfless.

*Fuck KD

*Lebron might be on the same level as Steph.

Welp James is gonna finally have to be clutch in the playoffs in the biggest game of his life.

The only reason I bought season tickets this year and next was the addition of Paul as I believed he would be the clutch guy and take the pressure off James in the playoffs. I’m really scared of a repeat of game 6 spurs last year

I was 4 rows back for that one and could see from minute one James head and heart wasn’t in it. I’ll be courtside for game 7 unless I can sell tickets for a good profit(4K each) and will be terrified and saddened if I see that same spirit again.

Paul injury really is a tragedy.

But hey this is why the play the games!

Let’s go rockets!!!

Good fan. Paul's injury sucks but nothing they can do about it. He honestly might end up there on one leg. If nothing else hopefully they don't have to play 8 on 5 again.

They need another game like that from G. Maybe meet you for a beer in the Golden Nugget club at halftime depending on both of our schedules. I will pm you Monday

Let's get it

Are you blaming a 30 point loss on the refs?

They changed the game. Houston was in control and they decided that they were going to put GS back in it. I've never seen so many illegal screens in my entire life and I grew up watching the Bad Boy Pistons. It's bullshit. Rick Mahorn would be jealous

Good fan. Paul's injury sucks but nothing they can do about it. He honestly might end up there on one leg. If nothing else hopefully they don't have to play 8 on 5 again.

They need another game like that from G. Maybe meet you for a beer in the Golden Nugget club at halftime depending on both of our schedules. I will pm you Monday

Let's get it
Maybe you two should just get a room (with bottle service!)

They changed the game. Houston was in control and they decided that they were going to put GS back in it. I've never seen so many illegal screens in my entire life and I grew up watching the Bad Boy Pistons. It's bullshit. Rick Mahorn would be jealous

changed the game? What game was that? do you seriously think Rockets would have sustained shooting 73% from 3pt line? they were 8/12 in the first quarter. Kenny Smith pointed it out: they were playing in an unsustainable fashion. I don't care how great of a team you are shooting 3s. 73% is ridiculous.

The refs were trash. Clearly. But their impact on the game has been greatly exaggerated.

The game was over at the start of the 3rd when the Warriors, as usual, came out guns blazing. Warriors have had great 3rd quarters the entire series, outscoring the rockets by double digits multiple times. This was just another one. The problem for the rockets was that they could not make their 4th quarter run and keep the Warriors to 12 points again. Which was never going to happen if Steph was hitting 3s in the 4th. you could argue that the refs prevented the Rockets from making their run, but how? Harden was missing terrible step back threes, and then aimlessly driving to the rim, meanwhile, you had Steph and Klay on fire. Harden wasn't going to keep pace with those two alone, as evident by his terrible second halves all series, and playoffs, long.

13-0 run in 2.5 minutes to start the 3rd was the end of the game. And the refs plays next to no part.

Klay hits a 3 pointer first possession.
Harden misses a step back 3.
Durant dunks. Harden with matador defense.
Gordon turnover. He tries to pass it, but throws it straight at Draymond.
Draymond turnover. Here, you have the jersey pull, which should have been called on Draymond, but the Rockets were in fast-break, so if they did, people would complain they are stopping a 3-2 fast-break.
Ariza missed 3.
Klay hits a 3 pointer.
Capella travels, turnover. he takes 3 steps without dribbling.
Thompson turnover.
Capella blocked. Here is the second 'non-call'. again, 50-50. do you call it slap down hitting the arm or ball? I've seen it given both ways.
Curry 3 pointer. not on fast-break but through running a play.

in that span, warriors hit 3 3s, 2 layups.
rockets miss 2 3s, a clear travel by Cepella and a clear bad pass from Gordon.

you have 2 calls that were "questionable". The Draymond jersey pull and the Draymond block on Capella. One was a clear foul, the other a 50-50 judgement.

only one of those calls led to a Warrior bucket, and that was the final Steph Curry 3 pointer. And it came from a set play, with 2 passes, and 2 screens. so not a fast-break.

Warriors fans were called 'pussies' and 'soft' for complaining about Truck Tucker playing football defense in game 4. Chuck had it perfectly after Rockets won Game 4, "They let them play football." and then, like usual, "But that's what you have to do to beat this team."

changed the game? What game was that? do you seriously think Rockets would have sustained shooting 73% from 3pt line? they were 8/12 in the first quarter. Kenny Smith pointed it out: they were playing in an unsustainable fashion. I don't care how great of a team you are shooting 3s. 73% is ridiculous.

The refs were trash. Clearly. But their impact on the game has been greatly exaggerated.

The game was over at the start of the 3rd when the Warriors, as usual, came out guns blazing. Warriors have had great 3rd quarters the entire series, outscoring the rockets by double digits multiple times. This was just another one. The problem for the rockets was that they could not make their 4th quarter run and keep the Warriors to 12 points again. Which was never going to happen if Steph was hitting 3s in the 4th. you could argue that the refs prevented the Rockets from making their run, but how? Harden was missing terrible step back threes, and then aimlessly driving to the rim, meanwhile, you had Steph and Klay on fire. Harden wasn't going to keep pace with those two alone, as evident by his terrible second halves all series, and playoffs, long.

13-0 run in 2.5 minutes to start the 3rd was the end of the game. And the refs plays next to no part.

Klay hits a 3 pointer first possession.
Harden misses a step back 3.
Durant dunks. Harden with matador defense.
Gordon turnover. He tries to pass it, but throws it straight at Draymond.
Draymond turnover. Here, you have the jersey pull, which should have been called on Draymond, but the Rockets were in fast-break, so if they did, people would complain they are stopping a 3-2 fast-break.
Ariza missed 3.
Klay hits a 3 pointer.
Capella travels, turnover. he takes 3 steps without dribbling.
Thompson turnover.
Capella blocked. Here is the second 'non-call'. again, 50-50. do you call it slap down hitting the arm or ball? I've seen it given both ways.
Curry 3 pointer. not on fast-break but through running a play.

in that span, warriors hit 3 3s, 2 layups.
rockets miss 2 3s, a clear travel by Cepella and a clear bad pass from Gordon.

you have 2 calls that were "questionable". The Draymond jersey pull and the Draymond block on Capella. One was a clear foul, the other a 50-50 judgement.

only one of those calls led to a Warrior bucket, and that was the final Steph Curry 3 pointer. And it came from a set play, with 2 passes, and 2 screens. so not a fast-break.

Warriors fans were called 'pussies' and 'soft' for complaining about Truck Tucker playing football defense in game 4. Chuck had it perfectly after Rockets won Game 4, "They let them play football." and then, like usual, "But that's what you have to do to beat this team."

I read this entire post and I can't disagree more. My contention is not the two calls you mentioned. I had an issue with the illegal screens going on the entire game (and series for the matter) and how they are officiating Trev. It's garbage. Everyone knows that Houston is not getting calls here.

Do they win? Who knows but we unfortunately didn't get to see it decided on the court. Kenny always hates on Houston because he's not embraced here.

Lots of GS fans are. They are bandwagon. Look at this board.

I'm not saying that you are but it's a fact. Nobody bandwagons Houston unless you count the Yao Ming crowd.

Doesn't matter. No excuses. Game 7 at home and they will win. I'm not concerned

Props for a well thought out response

Jesus Christ Harden. So many terrible iso’s and horribly dumb turnovers. It’s rtting hard to defend this guy in the playoffs.

That stat line is Westbrick levels of misleading.

The ref nonsense has to stop. The 3 games warriors won they won it by 13, 29 and 41 points. The only 2 close games you could say ref played part Houston won. So this whole ref is helping warriors is nonsense as no one is getting more bullshit calls than harden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back