***** 2018 NBA Offseason Thread v3: Biggest signing in League history

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he wouldn’t lol, he’s slow and plodding... not like Livingston. He’s not getting out on the break and finishing with dunks.

He’s also another shit tier free throw shooter.

He’d make a fine warriors rotation piece but more as an interior player and passer. Not a perimeter guy like Livingston.
Livingston isn't a perimeter guy on offense, he shoots almost exclusively from the pt and midrange (98.5% of last years attempts were 2 pts)

Livingston is also slow and much much weaker than Anderson, he can't guard nowhere near as well. He's also barely, marginally better at FT shooting and neither gets enough attempts to matter anyway

An Island implies being bound to something, like a team or some self hespect. Which team are you cheering for today, did you swap back from Lakers to GSW after they picked up the Booger or are you on the LeWagon?

Lakers, always Lakers Mr Zero.

However, when the Lakers are not in the picture, i prefer the GS Curries over all the other pretenders out there.

Doesn’t take a genius to understand this.

edit: nevermind, looked at the wrong stat
although Anderson's is waaaaay better still

I agree with Gunt that Anderson is a much better defensive player, even in the backcourt. He's also more versatile because he can switch down to the 4 without issue. I wouldn't run him at PG in the NBA though. I guess on the Warios it doesn't matter what you call anyone's position really, but on most teams it would be a mistake.

I know the talking heads have mentioned it yesterday, but does anything else think Rondo and Luke may have issues coexisting?

I mean if Rondo is overriding Carlisle on the fly, I don't see how he's going to respect Luke's leadership and credentials

but who knows, maybe Magic can get him to tone that shit down; if anyone in the league can mentor Lonzo on how play w/o being able to shoot it's clearly Rondo

I agree with Gunt that Anderson is a much better defensive player, even in the backcourt. He's also more versatile because he can switch down to the 4 without issue. I wouldn't run him at PG in the NBA though. I guess on the Warios it doesn't matter what you call anyone's position really, but on most teams it would be a mistake.
I agree, I only said 'UCLA PG' to compare him to Lonzo, who played it after him. I know he's not a PG in the league, he played mad minutes at PF last year ffs (as you mentioned), and the SF a lot b/c Kawhi was out

The warriors do get away with that, but IMO mainly b/c of Andre Iguodala who really plays the backup PG. Livingston played it pre injury, but he's basically a SG that posts on that team now. If Iguo goes I don't even know how they'd run it; maybe that Cook guy?
edit: 'ringchaser' David West was lowkey solid at distributing when he came in too

Cook looked great filling in for Corey this season. I thought he looked significantly less impressive when relegated to a back up role (especially in the yoffs). But I guess that would be their best option.

He can play swing man somewhat effectively (I know KD embarrassed him a few times, but he's usually better than that defensively, even on the perimeter). But yeah, he's not a PG in the NBA.

I just don’t see the similarity between him and Livingston. Like you could make some soft comparisons but in how they actually play no.

Kyle “slow-mo” is a crafty forward, he’s too slow to break anyone down on the perimeter. I do think he’d fit in on the Warriors pass heavy offense especially if he could further develop his 3 ball.

He’s just not going to be flying down the wing on the break like Livingston does, and I think Livingston is the better perimeter defender as well.

I just don’t see the similarity between him and Livingston. Like you could make some soft comparisons but in how they actually play no.

Kyle “slow-mo” is a crafty forward, he’s too slow to break anyone down on the perimeter. I do think he’d fit in on the Warriors pass heavy offense especially if he could further develop his 3 ball.

He’s just not going to be flying down the wing on the break like Livingston does, and I think Livingston is the better perimeter defender as well.
I agree with everything but the very last statement. Livingston is also a lot more crafty on offense.

I don't think Livingston is really crafty, as much as he just uses the exact same move most of the time on guys that are substantially shorter/not as long and can't stop that turnaround mid range jumper

not like he's doing advanced footwork, eurostepping through multiple defenders ala Harden or Ginobli.
edit: he is very very good at that turnaround tho

I don't think Livingston is really crafty, as much as he just uses the exact same move most of the time on guys that are substantially shorter/not as long and can't stop that turnaround mid range jumper

not like he's doing advanced footwork, eurostepping through multiple defenders ala Harden or Ginobli.
edit: he is very very good at that turnaround tho
Fair enough, but that move is still one more than Anderson has. And he's much better moving without the ball.

DhwlNuOU0AAhmw-.jpg

lebron getting all these has beens no a nother SI cover. what can this man not do

DhwlNuOU0AAhmw-.jpg

lebron getting all these has beens no a nother SI cover. what can this man not do

I think he moved to the lakes for access to hollywood level hair restoration therapy.

You’re hardly the worst offender of this line of thinking Palis, if it were merely a matter of preference it wouldn’t be as bothersome.

But there’s a bunch of hacks that do swear up and down it is superior, and that’s what is ridiculous.

The ironic thing is then they like to say “oh you must not have actually watched basketball in the 80s or 90s” which is funny because if you actually went back and watched the damn games you’d see how much your highlight driven nostalgia has clouded your memory.
Because the competition was better and more fierce overall. We didn't have all these banana boat cucklords like we do now. Way more physical as well along with a plethora of stars who would dominate with hilarious ease in todays era and be the top stars.

I'm not saying that todays stars wouldn't dominate, they would as the league overall is more athletic with better 3 shooting, but the top 10 best players from the 90s would overall beat the top 10 from 2016-2018.

Because the competition was better and more fierce overall. We didn't have all these banana boat cucklords like we do now. Way more physical as well along with a plethora of stars who would dominate with hilarious ease in todays era and be the top stars.

I'm not saying that todays stars wouldn't dominate, they would as the league overall is more athletic with better 3 shooting, but the top 10 best players from the 90s would overall beat the top 10 from 2016-2018.

Not even close Palis.

And don’t take 10 players from a 15 year window... take 10 from one single year vs today’s 10.

That 10 from the 90s gets worked.

Not even close Palis.

And don’t take 10 players from a 15 year window... take 10 from one single year vs today’s 10.

That 10 from the 90s gets worked.
That's Lord Palis to you Cuminhair.

It's all opinion but see, the difference between you and I is you're completely dismissing the 90s (you didn't watch) while I am not completely dismissing todays era. LeBron, Harden, Curry, Davis, Westbrook and Durcant would be killers in any era, just like Jordan, Hakeem, Malone, Rodman, Stockton, Barkley, Snaq and Drexler would.

My alarm clock music:

This gets me up better than anything in the morning, even better than fresh made Keurig coffee served to me by my hot wife.

Last edited:
Lmao @ “fresh made Keurig coffee”

Lmao @ “my hot wife”

Lmao @ “90s Basketball”

Lmao @ poor people waiting in long ass lines for free pizza. Must suck to be poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back