"2018 is my Comeback Year" - Bigfoot

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.criscyborg.com/antonio-bigfoot-silva-thinks-2018-year-turn-around-wont-retire/

111315-UFC-Antonio-Silva-of-Brazil-celebrates-PI.vresize.1200.675.high_.82.jpg

A one time contender for the Strikeforce Heavyweight belt, and then the UFC belt Brazilian fighter Antonio Bigfoot Silva bat Alistair Overeem, Travis Browne, Fedor Emelianeko, Andrei Arlovski and Mike Kyle at the peak of his career. A Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black Belt BigFoot has struggled in recent years winning 1 MMA fight since the summer of 2014 against Soa Palelei.

/

“One thing nobody wants to think about is retirement, but thats part of every fighters life. I think about fighting for two more years, but I still want to be involved with martial arts when I retire. I’m still in Russia. I’ve signed a four fight contract. I should be back in November. I had surgery on my knee and I’ll have to sit out until May.

I’ll need sometime to get back in shape and for my knee to get strong again. Some other promotions have called me and they want me to fight in August. We’ve talking about it to see if we can work something out. My contract allows me to fight for other promotions. I’m going through some hard times, but I’m sure I’ll get back on the horse.

God has given me a son and my surgery was success and I’m recuperating greatly. I believe 2018 will be comeback year.”

f8jjv1yjbxc.jpg

Kind of feel bad.

On one hand this guy should retire.
On the other hand I always tune when he is fighting and enjoy the shit out of it (which nowadays is him losing all the time).

Book him against Sapp or something.

For his sake, I hope he's right. I don't want to see him get KO'd anymore so if he insists on continuing to fight hopefully he gets some wins.

Well then...He has made a shit ton of money and should retire.

But oh well, fight with Alex Emelianenko needs to happen.

Sure I think it's time for him to hang them up, but it's his life. I wish him the best in all his future fights.

i guess we should brace ourselves for bigfoot vs chuck liddell in bellator

He should go to Rizin. Bigfoot vs. Cup Noodles would be evenly matched.

Seems unlikely but I wish him the best.

Dudes record has been horrible the last few years..

As in come back for more brain damage?

I heard some stories of Bigfoot not being smart with money and buying expensive cars like it was candy. I'm not sure how real that is but if that's the case then he will need to fight more to actually save some money for himself and his family.
He should be on TRT, he physically needs it. It's a shame he wasn't allowed. His case was different, the use was more than justified and imo his career and health were jeopardised. Now he's much older with a few brutal KOs in his baggage, there's no way to recover from that. I wish him good luck in Russia. Maybe he and Fedor can fight again sometime.

Prime TRT/steroid Bigfoot was nothing to fuck with.

Brawled it our with Hunt, Fedor and Arlovski.

Beat Reem and Browne when no one thought he would.

Had a very close fight with Werdum.

Super inconsistent and unpredictable but when he was on point and in his steroid/ trt prime he was a savage and only lost to DC and Cain.

CTE is an awful drug...

The only comeback will be his comeback to primary school when he’s learning how to write again

Back