2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Raahgaahs can't bitch seeing as him seemingly asking for a billion dollars is what caused this domino to fall

Raahgaahs can't bitch seeing as him seemingly asking for a billion dollars is what caused this domino to fall
Wonder if he will see the error of his ways and then get on his hands and knees to get his favorite target back.

Probably not but still.

EDIT:
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited what Rodgers can do with a target as gigantic as Graham cracker but still.

Yeah I'll be fucking bummed AF if I see Jordy in a patriots jersey or whatever. But that's the business. He gets it, Gutekunst gets it, everyone in the players union damn sure gets it. We'll be fine with Davante, Cobb, Janis, Davis and G-mo. If Michael Clarke Duncan and/or Deangelo Yancey can reach half their potential, we'll be right back to the embarrassment of riches at WR and forget all about stale hwite bread Nelson and Graham is a (half) cracker too, FWIW. Uncle Ole' back in the dairyland can rest easy.

I'm way more upset about not managing to get ANY of the FA DB's out there. There's no telling at this point what sort of scheme Heavy Pettine intends to develop, but if neither Sherman, Butler, Amaukamara, Johnson... seemed like a good fit, I'd have to wonder who the fuck is gonna be? I'm down to fantasizing about Honey Badger hitting the market, or Gutekunst somehow trading up to the top ten to nab Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I'm way more upset about not managing to get ANY of the FA DB's out there. There's no telling at this point what sort of scheme Heavy Pettine intends to develop, but if neither Sherman, Butler, Amaukamara, Johnson... seemed like a good fit, I'd have to wonder who the fuck is gonna be? I'm down to fantasizing about Honey Badger hitting the market, or Gutekunst somehow trading up to the top ten to nab Minkah Fitzpatrick.
Given what those guys have been paid I am not at all angry we didn't grab them.

Some of them (BUTLER) have been SEVERLY overpaid for what they did last year.

Hggaaannnggggg... Oh jesus lol you're right. 5 years... Holy tits.

Would've loved to see Sherman in GB though. He got fleeced by the 49ers, and even if he probably won't yield that much production, he'd be a step up from House, and could've been a great mentor for King.

Hggaaannnggggg... Oh jesus lol you're right. 5 years... Holy tits.

Would've loved to see Sherman in GB though. He got fleeced by the 49ers, and even if he probably won't yield that much production, he'd be a step up from House, and could've been a great mentor for King.
I don't think Sherman got screwed by the Niners. A ton of the contract is in play based incentives like 90% of snaps, Pro Bowl or All Pro selections and such. He's essentially in a "prove-it" deal. I can't stand Sherman but he's not a dumbass, he knows that coming off a full Achilles tear and then surgery on the other one too... playing a position that requires a LOT of quick direction changes that he wasn't going to get a premium.

I'm not his agent, but that all seems pretty fair to me. If he's even half as good as he can be, SF is gonna look like a bunch of sharks for signing him as low as he did. Regardless, I like how things are going in the receiving corps and d line, but damn if we don't get some better DBs soon lol.

Wonder if he will see the error of his ways and then get on his hands and knees to get his favorite target back.

Probably not but still.

EDIT:
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited what Rodgers can do with a target as gigantic as Graham cracker but still.

Maybe Gutekunst did it as a wake up call to Rodgers thinking he might take less to get Jordy back.

Maybe Gutekunst did it as a wake up call to Rodgers thinking he might take less to get Jordy back.
Idea being Godgers will stop being a hardass and they go out and try to get him later today?

He apparently has meetings with the Raiders, Bitch Pigeons, and Saints lined up.

Of those I feel like he's most likely to end up at the first one if he signs with any of those guys.

EDIT:
They need to cut or seriously re-work Matthews contract too. Make it more incentive based or something. Dude is hugely overpaid for shit he did over 5 years ago.

Tom Brady throwing to Jordy will make me cry.
Him in a Bitch Pigeons uniform will make me cry and rage.

Pats I can live with. Saints would be best though IMO if he doesn't end up retiring or someone doesn't come to their senses and bring him back.

Honey Badger cut

Go fucking get him

EDIT:
I get he's more of a safety but given it looks like Burnett may be leaving and Josh Jones is still pretty young/raw he'd be a good stop gap.

Last edited:
I've been a Packer fan for over 60 years and what they did to Jordy seems like the lowest blow ever. Aaron better take them for a huge increase or play out his contract and go somewhere else.

I'm not really a Packer fan. I'm a fan of Rodgers because I lived in Chico for decades and watched him play all the way back from his Butte College days. GB has one of the worst rosters in football. The Browns seem to have better players/talent as of now (excluding QB). It is sad to see an organization throw away the prime of the most gifted QB the league has. At this point I would love for Rodgers to move on when he can.

The thing that sucks most about this Jordy situation is my dad has only really a passing interest in football and my mom got super into football cause of this vid:

Take a wild guess who was her favorite player.... and now he's most likely gone and there's a part of me that knew he potentially could be gone I'm just dealing with that more pissed than sad cause I feel like there are people more deserving of being cut to free up cap space and we could reworked Jordy to a 5 mil a year or 6 mil a year type deal.

My mom, I think is legitimately like SAD about the situation the same way she was when this dude retired from the Mariners:

Rodgers, Jordy and Matthews were the face of the team.

Has there been ANYTHING about Matthews taking a cut? Like, anything at all?

I know Perry should probably take one too given how he became a Ghost again but we only just gave him a new contract the year before last but Matthews contract is based on shit he did almost a decade ago now.

Yep. That SB back in 2010 feels like forever ago, especially with how the team has been on life support for the last 3 years.

Has there been ANYTHING about Matthews taking a cut? Like, anything at all?

I know Perry should probably take one too given how he became a Ghost again but we only just gave him a new contract the year before last but Matthews contract is based on shit he did almost a decade ago now.

Matthews will have a resurgence in Pettine's scheme and if we can get a new #1 pass rusher in the draft.

If anything they should extend Clay now to get even more cap space.

Back