2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

@MarkyMcFly I hear he was in Dallas at one point. He any good? I remember somebody being awful and I have a bad feeling it was him

edit: nevermind that was Chaz Green

Byron Bell came in for Chaz Green in that infamous game against Atlanta last year. He didn't fare much better. He's a depth guy you hope never has to start, but if he does...he may not completely fuck you over. Or he may.

Byron Bell came in for Chaz Green in that infamous game against Atlanta last year. He didn't fare much better. He's a depth guy you hope never has to start, but if he does...he may not completely fuck you over. Or he may.

Basically a turnstile?
Tripod-Barrier-entrance-control-gate-turnstile.jpg_640x640.jpg

I wonder if we will see more RPO's in the Packers offense this year?

McCarthy has to get with the times. Rodgers is as mentally savvy as Brady, and if they can allow him to change plays off what he sees at the LOS it will open things up a lot more.

Thoughts?

As I said before, I think this goes back to the team not at least talking with Rodgers prior to cutting Jordy. The Packers treat it as a business despite all the talk of family. Rodgers and the Packers know that the Packers are in the drivers seat for at least 4 more years. 2 left on his contract and at least 2 years of franchise tags. The franchise tag numbers for the two years would likely be less than extending his contract. It might even go to 3 years of tags. It's cheaper to pay the average of the top 5 quarterbacks than to pay the top quarterback salary.

McCarthy has to get with the times. Rodgers is as mentally savvy as Brady, and if they can allow him to change plays off what he sees at the LOS it will open things up a lot more.

We have the parts to be able to do it.

Roquan gonna make Rodgers afraid to move out of that pocket and your line cant stop Hicks :D
I sincerely hope you guys have a good season lol. See you week one.
Basically a turnstile?
Tripod-Barrier-entrance-control-gate-turnstile.jpg_640x640.jpg
If so, whatever. We don't need starters, just bodies to soak up some hits while baluga is inevitably injured. He's cheap and will fill a role until we use one of the first round picks next year in an elite lineman.
Just glad that GB is such a small, quiet market that the nfl won't try to spin this into some pr campaign.

Phibbs knows his role lol. This is as much Aaron's offense as he wants it to be. With Graham and now Lewis in the mix, plus a heathy Ty coming out of the backfield, damn if at least one out of four of the big boy receivers can really produce, there's no reason not to see this as the most versatile and potentially dangerous offense in the league.

Phibbs knows his role lol. This is as much Aaron's offense as he wants it to be. With Graham and now Lewis in the mix, plus a heathy Ty coming out of the backfield, damn if at least one out of four of the big boy receivers can really produce, there's no reason not to see this as the most versatile and potentially dangerous offense in the league.
Just having Godgers healthy instantly puts the offense in the top like 5 at least.

As I said before, I think this goes back to the team not at least talking with Rodgers prior to cutting Jordy. The Packers treat it as a business despite all the talk of family. Rodgers and the Packers know that the Packers are in the drivers seat for at least 4 more years. 2 left on his contract and at least 2 years of franchise tags. The franchise tag numbers for the two years would likely be less than extending his contract. It might even go to 3 years of tags. It's cheaper to pay the average of the top 5 quarterbacks than to pay the top quarterback salary.

I doubt they go the route of just tagging him for the next several years, only to piss him off. I could totally see him saying fuck it and just retiring.

I've mulled over this quite a bit and I say just give him what he wants; in terms of him being able to renegotiate his contract after say 3-4 years if other QB's are getting paid more than him and he's still arguably the best in the league.

Now if he thinks he can be the Lebron James of the NFL, I say fuck that. I don't want him trying to keep guys that he's super close with on the team if they aren't being productive and producing.

I doubt they go the route of just tagging him for the next several years, only to piss him off. I could totally see him saying fuck it and just retiring.

I've mulled over this quite a bit and I say just give him what he wants; in terms of him being able to renegotiate his contract after say 3-4 years if other QB's are getting paid more than him and he's still arguably the best in the league.

Now if he thinks he can be the Lebron James of the NFL, I say fuck that. I don't want him trying to keep guys that he's super close with on the team if they aren't being productive and producing.

Does he retire and leave all of that money? It would be around $27 million for the tag in 2020. I don't understand the people who are happy about cutting highly paid players then want to pay Rodgers a lot more than is necessary to keep him on the team. No sense signing him to a 5 year contract if it's going to be renegotiated every year.

I don't think Rodgers necessarily wants to dictate what players they keep but he wants to at least be notified and maybe have some input before decisions are made. He doesn't want to hear it on the news.

Not really nervous about Aarogant's contract situation. He's the best QB in the league, and he should be paid as such. Other teams that want to have good QB's are going to have to pay similarly high salaries. Any handicap it gives us (oh no, the salary cap) is going to be pretty quickly meted out to the rest of the league as well.

Agree though the dude cannot (and, honestly is not: this is all such non-story bullshit lol) make personnel decisions.

Does he retire and leave all of that money? It would be around $27 million for the tag in 2020. I don't understand the people who are happy about cutting highly paid players then want to pay Rodgers a lot more than is necessary to keep him on the team. No sense signing him to a 5 year contract if it's going to be renegotiated every year.

I don't think Rodgers necessarily wants to dictate what players they keep but he wants to at least be notified and maybe have some input before decisions are made. He doesn't want to hear it on the news.

If any player were to take their ball and go home; I think it would be Aaron Rodgers. But it's all a moot point at this point, because the man is going to end up getting paid.

On another note, I think he needs to focus on playing his best ball instead of staying salty about Jordy. It was either him or Cobb and the FO went with the younger guy, who still has some upside. You'd think Rodgers would be more optimistic and enthusiastic with Ted stepping down and Capers finally being fired.

Season can't start soon enough.

I sincerely hope you guys have a good season lol. See you week one.

Every year I want the NFC North to be the best division in football. I want a teams that are murderers and a division people fear to play. I don't want some chump ass shit like the AFC East.

You guys have a QB with a brain, RPO's will be used but I doubt the % will go up. RPO's are to make reading defenses easier, the problem is they can mask coverage and blow you the fuck up. You can show man and use RPO plays to beat it but in the NFL unless you're the Buc's you have secondary who can help cover.

Every year I want the NFC North to be the best division in football. I want a teams that are murderers and a division people fear to play. I don't want some chump ass shit like the AFC East.
Exactly. Those black and blue December games with serious playoff implications are the main reason most of us watch football. It takes a good division to make that happen.

Absolutely. I've always believed teams get better when they have to play tough division opponents

Also Raahgaahs can suck dongs when it comes to personnel decisions. Sad your buddy got cut? Well then don't expect a billion dollar contract and maybe there will be more money to go around

Back