2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Kizer easy. Outside of obvious talents, Fat Mike likes him

Saints are also gonna be very good next year unless Breesus gets killed, so, it is what it is

I'm pretty excited about this defense. Between Jackson, Alexander, and King, one of them has to be good... right? Also think everybody's gonna get a bump from Pettine. I'm all-in on him and if he somehow can't eek talent out of this defense, then it's time to burn and start again

Re: Hating Hundley, I guess you're both right, but Jesus IDK what else you could expect out of a backup lmao.

3-4 (when it mattered and the whole team was still playing) with some really clutch 4th quarter and OT drives is significantly above average for backup QB's making up for crummy defenses. Kizer does seem to have tons of upside, he's younger, probably will push Hundley out and that's all great... still though... To give him the job over the more experienced Hundley purely or primarily out of saltiness would be the weakest shit ever lol.

Re: Hating Hundley, I guess you're both right, but Jesus IDK what else you could expect out of a backup lmao.

3-4 (when it mattered and the whole team was still playing) with some really clutch 4th quarter and OT drives is significantly above average for backup QB's making up for crummy defenses. Kizer does seem to have tons of upside, he's younger, probably will push Hundley out and that's all great... still though... To give him the job over the more experienced Hundley purely or primarily out of saltiness would be the weakest shit ever lol.

There is defintely some truth to that. It's not like we should have expected Hundley to produce like Flynn did in week 17 of the 2011 season with the receiving corps he had 2017.

Still bizarre how his stat line was much worse at home than away.

Did any of you guys watch Kizer play? He's just as bad as Hundley, if not worse. Maybe play Kizer at home and Hundley away if Rodgers goes down. But seriously, Kizer made some of the worst throws/decisions I've ever seen from an NFL quarterback. Doesn't matter which one of these cans play, if Rodgers goes down the season is over.

Yeah Kizer also was a part of one of the worst teams ever assembled in the history of the league

Put Hundley on there and they may score zero points

Yeah Kizer also was a part of one of the worst teams ever assembled in the history of the league

Put Hundley on there and they may score zero points

Dude was missing wide open receivers, and Josh Gordon running over the middle of the field. That team isn't good, but watch his INTs. They're comically bad and he's usually standing still in the pocket without anyone in his face.

INT 1 - standing in the pocket with no one near him
INT 2 - no pressure, throws a lazer of a checkdown
INT 3 - again, no pressure just a dumb throw
INT 4 - all the time in the world
INT 5 - Throws a mile behind his receiver, no pressure
INT 6 - Thrown way behind again, may have a case that his receiver should have secured it though
INT 7 - Hail mary, can't fault him on that
INT 8 - No pressure, receiver appears to be at fault though
INT 9 - No pressure, underthrown
INT 10 - No pressure, way over thrown
INT 11 - Pressure on a rollout, but there's no way that DE closes on him....throws it right to a defender
INT 12 - No pressure, way over thrown
INT 13 - Fade into triple coverage
INT 14 - No pressure, just thrown into a defender
INT 15 - No pressure, way over thrown
INT 16 - Gets popped but throws to who knows what (well, a Bills defender)
INT 17 - No pressure, under thrown
INT 18 - lmao
INT 19 - Suggs gets close, over throws
INT 20 - Instead of throwing away in FG range, throws the pick in the redzone
INT 21 - Under pressure, goes full spaz and throws into coverage

Lol at that novel. In that video he looked like a rookie qb on a truly awful team

A handful of those were due to stonehanded receivers, and two looked like they quit on a route

A bunch of others were him trying to do too much, or just not seeing the defender underneath. Big surprise, rookie on awful team

The rest were bad decisions. Rookies make them

I can't believe I've spent so much time defending Kizer but thinking he's worse than Hundley is fucking retarded

Lol at that novel. In that video he looked like a rookie qb on a truly awful team

A handful of those were due to stonehanded receivers, and two looked like they quit on a route

A bunch of others were him trying to do too much, or just not seeing the defender underneath. Big surprise, rookie on awful team

The rest were bad decisions. Rookies make them

I can't believe I've spent so much time defending Kizer but thinking he's worse than Hundley is fucking retarded

How is it retarded? You didn't refute anything other than "HURR DURR he's a rookie!" A majority of those throws had nothing to do with his team. Both of these guys fucking suck and don't belong in the NFL. Besides Stafford and Sanchez, it's hard to find a guy who threw 20 picks in his rookie year that had a serviceable career.

I'm ordering my Kizer jersey now.

Fuck Hundley.

May he eat shit and live just to die in a fire after trying to feed a bus a carrot.

How is it retarded? You didn't refute anything other than "HURR DURR he's a rookie!" A majority of those throws had nothing to do with his team. Both of these guys fucking suck and don't belong in the NFL. Besides Stafford and Sanchez, it's hard to find a guy who threw 20 picks in his rookie year that had a serviceable career.
Lmao he was thrust straight into the starting position as a rookie on one of the worst teams in the history of the sport, yet he's already gained the distinction of not being good enough for a roster spot on literally any team. Solid analysis, what's there to refute

I would agree, Kizer was exceptionally bad for a rookie--But then, we also saw Nate Peterman last year. It could always be worse-- regardless of the fact that he had a lot of lesser talent and (I'm speculating, but let's be real) sub-par coaches in Cleveland. The Packers think they see something that they can coach up, and I'm inclined to believe that they can.

Anyway, Hundley played fine for the most part. Those losses were more on the defense than him. If he was good enough to beat teams on his own, he wouldn't be a backup. It looks like the plan is to get Kizer to no. 2, and put Hundley at 3, but honestly we're in about as good a spot as any (save Iggles) at QB. No need to fight lmao.

I would agree, Kizer was exceptionally bad for a rookie--But then, we also saw Nate Peterman last year. It could always be worse-- regardless of the fact that he had a lot of lesser talent and (I'm speculating, but let's be real) sub-par coaches in Cleveland. The Packers think they see something that they can coach up, and I'm inclined to believe that they can.

Anyway, Hundley played fine for the most part. Those losses were more on the defense than him. If he was good enough to beat teams on his own, he wouldn't be a backup. It looks like the plan is to get Kizer to no. 2, and put Hundley at 3, but honestly we're in about as good a spot as any (save Iggles) at QB. No need to fight lmao.

No one is fighting here. With basketball being a shitshow and football being almost 5 months away, we have to talk about something. Even if that means choosing between turd sandwich and giant douche.

Well, you're crazy but whatever.

Here's the crazier thing though, watching that int compilation, I'm actually a little higher on Kizer. The dude was playing confidently even facing 0-16, with a team of absolute dogshit around him. Shit, I can see what McCarthy and co want to do, for sure. He's already got all the physical traits, shows good awareness in the pocket, just had some shitty throwing mechanics. Improving those will limit the (admittedly, far too frequent) interceptions that are totally his fault, and I'm pretty confident he'll be an ok backup.

At least Kizer is willing to throw the ball deeper than 5 yards.

Well, you're crazy but whatever.

Here's the crazier thing though, watching that int compilation, I'm actually a little higher on Kizer. The dude was playing confidently even facing 0-16, with a team of absolute dogshit around him. Shit, I can see what McCarthy and co want to do, for sure. He's already got all the physical traits, shows good awareness in the pocket, just had some shitty throwing mechanics. Improving those will limit the (admittedly, far too frequent) interceptions that are totally his fault, and I'm pretty confident he'll be an ok backup.
This. All of this

Outside of being mobile with a big arm, he seems pretty bright. That's basically everything that a coach wants

Fact of the matter is the team couldn't go another year with Hundley as the #2 qb. Just couldn't happen. I'd rather take a chance on Kizer than somebody like Gabbert or the pile of other shitty backups like him

Kizer was making stupid throws as a rookie with shit tier coaching and without a real receiver until he got Gordon with like 4 weeks left.

At that stage what can you really ask from the guy?

Some might say the defense is why Hundley never got a good shot but when Hundley turns the ball over or goes 3 and out super quick and the defense is on the field for an hour at a time can you REALLY blame them for starting to give up big plays?

EDIT:
ADD to that that a vet like Tramon that flourished under Capers when the Packers first got Capers even says "he never adapted after offenses adapted to him" and it seems pretty obvious the Pack could have pro bowlers at every position and still been struggling on defense.

Last edited:
Kizer wouldnt have as many interceptions if he would fix some mechanics. Hard to see in YouTube potato quality video, but I swear he has Jay Cutler syndrome - throwing when his feet arent set in the pocket. That's something I'm confident fat fuck McCarthy/Philbin can help him fix.

Kizer wouldnt have as many interceptions if he would fix some mechanics. Hard to see in YouTube potato quality video, but I swear he has Jay Cutler syndrome - throwing when his feet arent set in the pocket. That's something I'm confident fat fuck McCarthy/Philbin can help him fix.
To be fair, some of Godgers best throws is him while being tackled and off his feet. Granted, he has a ton of experience to back that up.

I really think a full training camp with not garbage coaches and Kizer will make improvements.

Back