2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Also, holy hell the NFC is going to be stacked unless we see more elite QBs get injured lmao.

I hope Mo Wil and Daniels high low Cousins from opposite sides and then Daniels sits on Cousins and shits down his throat after Chiptole.

Russ Balls killed it with the Graham and Wilk signings. Knocked them out of the park. Everybody's gotta put their hearts away and realize both of them is better than one Jordy

Russ Balls killed it with the Graham and Wilk signings. Knocked them out of the park. Everybody's gotta put their hearts away and realize both of them is better than one Jordy
Still sucks though.

The two saving graces are this...

1.) Jordy didn't go to the Bitch Pigeons

2.) Jordy didn't go to the Pats.

It was absolutely a Patriots-style move though. Hurts everybody's feelings and sets the team up for lasting success

Shows Gute is down for making hard, calculated decisions

It was absolutely a Patriots-style move though. Hurts everybody's feelings and sets the team up for lasting success

Shows Gute is down for making hard, calculated decisions
Agreed.

Now if they could hit Aaron over the head to not be asking for $100 million guaranteed so they can go after more CBs and shit.

Agreed.

Now if they could hit Aaron over the head to not be asking for $100 million guaranteed so they can go after more CBs and shit.

I'd like to think Gute has proven to him that he is actually willing to go after FA's. Sure, Gute still has yet to land a freaking CB, but he was legitimately in contention to grab someone when they were available. Add that Capers is finally gone, Rodgers should be more at ease with the direction of this team.

Right now, the Eagles and Rams look like whole different levels of rosters compared to the Packers.

At the very least, those two teams + the Vikings have more all around roster talent than we do.

That's because all three teams are better

Ted did a fucking trash job of drafting talent on defense the past several years, and here we are

Right now, the Eagles and Rams look like whole different levels of rosters compared to the Packers.

At the very least, those two teams + the Vikings have more all around roster talent than we do.

Gute needs to draft a defensive game changer, whether it be CB/Safety/EDGE and a true number one, deep threat receiver.

And then guys from the 2016/2017 draft have to prove their worth too.

The Green Bay Packers could very well be on the up and up, but as it stands, they are on the outside looking in.

Gregg Rosenthal doesn't agree with the amount paid to Graham.
Jimmy Graham, Packers tight end: The Saints signed Graham to a four-year, $40 million contract to make him the highest paid tight end in football back in 2014. Four years later, he somehow signed for the same average salary on a three-year deal with Green Bay to make him the NFL's highest-paid tight end again at age 31. (NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Graham will make $13 million in 2018, a full $4 million more in cash than any tight end will earn this year.) Graham once overwhelmed opponents with his athleticism, but that's no longer the case. He's a strong role player at this stage of his career who is still getting paid like a superstar. After years of treating free agency like a contagious virus, Packers fans could wind up pining for the good old peaceful days under former GM Ted Thompson.

That's fine, their OC was too stupid to ever utilize him correctly anyways
Seriously, they had his hand in the dirt 3/4s the time...

Compare his last season with the Saints to his first (full) season with the Bitch Pigeons:

2014 (last season with NO):
85 receptions, 124 targets. 889 yards, 10.5 avg, 10 TDs

2016 (2015 was the season with the knee injury
65 receptions, 95 targets, 923 yards, 14.2 avg, 6 TDs

That last one is the biggest WTF given the Bitch Pigeons are like the Packers where their entire receiver corps that year was varying degrees of speed slot receivers.

Bevel's (and Graham's) final year with the Pigeons
57 receptions, 98 targets, 520 yards, 9.1 avg, 10 TDs.

Compare the Saints to Pigeons plays.

Saints... almost ALWAYS inside the numbers but lined up OFF the LOS. Bitch Pigeons... hand in the dirt 3/4 the time and being asked to chip someone on his way out.

One of my best friends that I was roommates with for awhile is a Pats fan and to quote him:
"Graham sucked with the Pigeons because they don't run those playground type offenses like the Saints did and the Packers do.

Do we use our first on this guy?

Also, any news on Matthews or Cobb's restructure/extension?

I thought he looked pretty slow and oafish throughout the season.
He was never the fastest guy on the team even in NO though. Dude is like a slower whiter TE version of Megatron when he was with Brees. Brees would just chuck it his way and hope Graham would come down with it.

He was never the fastest guy on the team even in NO though. Dude is like a slower whiter TE version of Megatron when he was with Brees. Brees would just chuck it his way and hope Graham would come down with it.

Yeah, I'll be cautiously optimistic, but I won't hope for much.

Do we use our first on this guy?

Also, any news on Matthews or Cobb's restructure/extension?

I really like Alexander, but I'm not sure that he's the type of CB we'll be looking for. Great instincts, great quickness, but very average body control in man coverage and not much evidence of his ability to press. He reminds me of a quicker, slightly thinner versions of Damarious Randall tbh.

I expect, after ward, Jackson will be the guy on our radar. Frankly, I don't want any of them at 14 and would only be interested if it was in the second. But I like Oliver more than Jackson personally.

Back