2018 Green Bay Packers v.3..... Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year will be a make it or break it year for Rodgers. I'm willing to give him a pass this year. Losing Jordy and Cobb/Geromino being sidelined for most of the season gave him only one target that he could trust which was Davante. He doesn't even trust Graham, which I don't blame him for. Add to the fact that he hurt his knee in week one and has played behind an injury riddled O-line and it was just too much to overcome.

Oh yeah, and he hated McCarthy's playcalling.

He's gotta get some help next year and he's gotta find his mojo again. I have no doubt he has 3 maybe 4 prime years left. What I do question is whether or not he can stay upright and not miss any significant game time.

Yeah now it seems like he is only too tier qb that gets hurt all the time

I think the Packers will be fine this week since Philbin has lots of experience in prepping teams to play in games after they have been eliminated from playoff contention....

I think the Packers will be fine this week since Philbin has lots of experience in prepping teams to play in games after they have been eliminated from playoff contention....

That's harsh, but true.

What sense does it make to play Rodgers now to get ready for next season when they don'y play him in the pre-season to get ready for the season?

So, I know the discussion came up maybe the Pack should go "all-in" like the Rams to get a title during Rodgers final years....

If anyone has seen them recently I hope they've noticed the lack of depth they have by doing that.

Besides Safety and O-Line, what else do you think we should go after in the draft next year?

Looking at our CB prospects, I think we have some talent there, Alexander looks pretty promising. Half of our CB's are rookies though.

LB we're not doing too bad with Fackrell, Perry and Martinez. Matthews is still there, but he's not what he used to be.

Maybe DL? We don't have many players there.

OT is a must as Bulaga is a scratch for a bunch of games each year. The back ups are busts and bums.

I suppose we don't exactly know what the DL has since the whole starting unit is out with injuries. Mo will probably be gone for sure though.

I think Mo comes back on another 1 year cheap deal. Montravius Adams has shown dick all, so I wouldn't be opposed to a second or third round pick if a stud DE is available at that spot.

A lot of people are saying we need a second round WR. I'm not sure if I buy that, because I really think one of the three rooks could make a big second year leap and become a #2 opposite Adams. A new scheme that gets guy open makes me wonder if Cobb should be brought back.

I think Mo comes back on another 1 year cheap deal. Montravius Adams has shown dick all, so I wouldn't be opposed to a second or third round pick if a stud DE is available at that spot.

A lot of people are saying we need a second round WR. I'm not sure if I buy that, because I really think one of the three rooks could make a big second year leap and become a #2 opposite Adams. A new scheme that gets guy open makes me wonder if Cobb should be brought back.
I don't see why we should go after a Wide out. We already got a bunch in the draft last year. ESB and MVS are looking like they can make an impact.

Is Jake Kumerow supposed to be something to get excited about? I heard he was exciting fans, but he hasn't done anything yet, even if he was injured. He's been in the league three years and he couldn't seem to permanently make a team. He seems injury prone.

I just think there are bigger things to worry about than our receiving and running game, but I could be wrong.

Team is fine at WR. Id like another explosive rb since Jones isn't very durable and Williams is too slow

Should Pettine be back next year? I say yes.

Fuck yes.
Besides Safety and O-Line, what else do you think we should go after in the draft next year?

Looking at our CB prospects, I think we have some talent there, Alexander looks pretty promising. Half of our CB's are rookies though.

LB we're not doing too bad with Fackrell, Perry and Martinez. Matthews is still there, but he's not what he used to be.

It depends on what we do in free agency, of course, but I'd say the needs are:

1. Edge (by far)
2. Offensive line
3. Safety
4. Wide Receiver

Depending on how much Mo wants, I'd rather take a flier on Mario Edwards as a 3rd down type.

Team is fine at WR. Id like another explosive rb since Jones isn't very durable and Williams is too slow

I'd much rather get help at WR than at RB

TE is a big need imo. Somebody like Noah Fant would be a big help.

Consistently good TE play has plagued this team since Finely went down in 2013. Hopefully Bobby Tonyan takes some of Graham's snaps come next training camp.

How do you guys feel about Antonio Brown's cousin Marquise Brown?

Possibly in the second round.

Consistently good TE play has plagued this team since Finely went down in 2013. Hopefully Bobby Tonyan takes some of Graham's snaps come next training camp.

How do you guys feel about Antonio Brown's cousin Marquise Brown?

Possibly in the second round.

He's a twerp and the team has much bigger needs than WR.

I feel like TE, OL, OLB and S are the team's biggest needs. Does anybody disagree and why?

TE and OLB (Matthews needs to go). Just my opinion. A good pass catching TE would really help bust the cover 2 that has been frustrating Rodgers for years now.

TE and OLB (Matthews needs to go). Just my opinion. A good pass catching TE would really help bust the cover 2 that has been frustrating Rodgers for years now.
I never considered TE, but Graham has been having a disappointing season. I think he's mentioned wanting to move on.

Hopefully Tonyan makes an impact.

You're right about Matthews, he's not what he used to be.

I never considered TE, but Graham has been having a disappointing season. I think he's mentioned wanting to move on.

Hopefully Tonyan makes an impact.

You're right about Matthews, he's not what he used to be.

Yeah, I think Graham is done in GB. Not worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back