2017 was proof that MMA already peaked and that the UFC is on a downward trajectory

With this comment it sounds like youve only been watching mma the last 3 years.

Duckers and freak show fights have been apart of mma longer then you think.

I find it amazing that people think fights made for money is a new WME era thing
Brock vs Randy
Randy vs Toney

HEY ITS RANDY'S FAULT!!!

Nothing will be bigger than football. Comparing any sport to it makes the other sport look terrible.

do you mean football? or soccer.

because actual football is by far the biggest sport, not soccer.

Peaks and valleys , just because boxing surged big time doesnt mean mma is dying or peaked

It will most likely remain as a niche sport but thats not always a bad thing

NFL Football - are you friggin kidding me ???
Like many former lifelong NFL fans, I've dropped the NFL cold. NFL players HATE their own fans, and regard our country as racist and unworthy of respect (Kneelers...).
But whatever, freedom of speech and all that... The problem is there ain't enough anti-american leftist football fans to support the business. Therefore, the NFL is gonna fail (BIGLY).
Love me some college football though !

stfu :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

UFC needs new cash cows every year to keep the fan base alive. They invested too heavily on Ronda and Conor only to get got. They need to tighten up the reigns again promote more than one fighter or else they'll fall flat

I expect 2018 to be even worse. This fringe sport will never be bigger than soccer.
Firstly this must be a troll post.

Soccer. Or football as the world at large knows it. IS the Most popular sport in the world.... So that's just a poor as fuck comparison - maybe go and have an American football "world series" to quench yer thirst on that one.

Secondly MMA is not in decline. It has as much if not more potential than other combat sports.... However it is subject to how it is portrayed, management decisions in the prime MMA org (UFC) etc....

An ongoing trend of short term money grabbing strategies and a dilution of ranking and belt integrity fundamentally weakens the roots of the organisation which allows "stars" to be born and parade upon.

A mature attitude is needed from the UFC... Something lacking at the moment.

I expect 2018 to be even worse. This fringe sport will never be bigger than soccer.
soccer??? It cant even compete globally with golf, tennis, or ice hockey. Don't even compare it to A-level sports.

In fact, E-SPORTS is already surpassing it. That's right, video game nerds are earning more than MMA fighters.

MMA did peak. Around 2007-2010. When you had a Prime BJ and Prime GSP ruling the LW and WW divisions. Anderson was in his prime, Jon Jones was emerging as the greatest fighter ever. Aldo was establishing his dominance. Fedor was still dominant. Brock Lesnar was bringing the mainstream fans over, which strangely may have been the point the “sport” of mma started to decline though.

But during that time, ARGUABLY, the greatest fighters at FW, LW, WW, MW, LHW and HW were all in their prime and on top. Since then, it’s just been a mess.

do you mean football? or soccer.

because actual football is by far the biggest sport, not soccer.

Actual football. Where you kick the ball with your foot and it's played and viewed by billions. Not just one country. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Does that mean I should stop watching? I'm confused....

Can't we just enjoy a good thing? Why do we all have to become soothsayers predicting the end?

UFC had a great year. You should look at the numbers. Popularity of the sport is increasing with higher revenues. It will never compete with soccer or football because it’s fucking MMA.

Soccer isn't even a real sport in the US.

Boring as fuck.

Guys basically doing sprints for hours and occasionally you get a score.....or you get those pussy ass players acting like they are hurt going full on ric flair face plant when a guy grazes his shirt.

MMA is not a ball sport comparing them to ball sports doesn't work.

Actual football. Where you kick the ball with your foot and it's played and viewed by billions. Not just one country. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Soccer isn't even a real sport in the US.

Boring as fuck.

Guys basically doing sprints for hours and occasionally you get a score.....or you get those pussy ass players acting like they are hurt going full on ric flair face plant when a guy grazes his shirt.

MMA is not a ball sport comparing them to ball sports doesn't work.

Back