2017 PotWR Round 2: The Debate / Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I agree that we've pendulumed a bit in the last few weeks. I'm considering using the presidential thread in part for sanctioned flame wars. Like the debate thread, but troll-oriented, active, and less formal. Would you be interested in something like that?

Sorry m8 but whatever happens I'll be voting @Lead , @snakedafunky or @Clippy .

Don't know you nor am I interested.

You seem nice though.

What is your platform for a term as President of the War Room if you win?

The necessities have virtually remained identical, and therefore my policies are the same they were last year.

I promise I will introduce Poster of the Month and Shitposter of the Month awards.

I promise that those who nominate other posters for Poster of the Month and Shitposter of the Month are in the running for monthly Presidential Medals of Honors that come with free Plats months - but only if it is done against political leaning. That means you get rewarded if you acknowledge good posts from your ideological opponents or call out buddies for the bullshit they write.

I promise not to favor one side, which will be ensured by always having nominations from both (or multiple) sides in the monthly polls that determine the award winners.

I promise I will build the wall to the Sports Bar, the OT, and other dark places in the internet and I will enforce it by introducing extreme vetting of new posters.

What are your thoughts about the term of our first president, Palis? Do you seek his endorsement?

I have stated my opinion on President @Palis often enough. He quickly lost interest after his election win. He did not fulfill a single of his election promises, something I predicted already a year ago.

Having a look at what he and his team proposed and what they kept is a real eye opener.

1. Make the Presidential Thread a platform for Pizzagate - nope, didn't happen.
  2. Create a War Room for insiders and a War Room for outsiders - nope, didn't hanppen.
  3. Golden Cuck / Cuck of the Month - got silently buried
  4. Weed column in the Presidential thread - nope, didn't happen.
  5. Monthly CIA reports - got silently buried
  6. Hold elections within the first 6 months of the administration - nope, didn't happen
I had hoped he would show more class as a president than as a candidate, but that never became a reality.

Therefore, I will not seek an endorsement from President Palis.

Which candidate do you think you are in direct competition for with voters and how are you the superior candidate?

First of all, I don't believe I'm necessarily a superior candidate as there are many decent candidates on the polls. Many among them actually gave me their vote last year.

I probably align more closely politically with, for example, @Quipling or somethimes @Rational Poster, so I may be competing for the liberal vote.

But in terms of what my policy goals are and what I want to achieve as POTWR - I elaborated on that in response to now fellow candidate @irish_thug a year ago:

The thing is, consider the following.

A big problem in the political discourse today is that we're all living in filter bubbles: regarding the information we consume and regarding the political discussions that we have. Think about it. Facebook is only going to show you the news you want to see. People unfriend each other on Facebook over political issues, and even if you're not one of them, you still may end up in homogenous circles. Discussing politics with friends usually either is a bad idea or pointless if they have the same opinion anyway. Same with family: you likely have a wide range of political opinions there, but arguing politics with family can be a horrible idea. Arguing politics at parties? Bad idea.

But if there is no discussion, no direct interaction between the two (or many) opposing sides, how can there be actual political discourse? How can we understand each other? How can we learn where others may have a point and how can we sharpen our own arguments?

Enter the War Room. The War Room is a great place because we have pretty open discussion and a good mix of posters, even if it is with a clear tilt to the right-wing side. I think that's what people come back here for. We don't need the War Room to be a conservative circle jerk, a right-wing echo chamber - enough of those out there. We also don't need the War Room to be a SJW forum. We need it so that the arguments of all sides clash.

@Jack V Savage has promised to confine himself to his POTWR thread and only post there, essentially creating a safe space for conservatives. That's just ridiculous and the opposite of what the forum needs. People hate him, but they actually benefit from getting exposed to him even if they don't realize they do and disagree with him 100% of the time.

@Palis has promised exactly nothing he can keep except pics. Electing him would only be a political statement, a demonstration of the right wing in the War Room. That's what his campaign is trying to do: make this about US or world politics.

I am the only candidate who actually is invested in making the War Room a better place. I like it the way it is, but we need to get shitposting under control. I will make the War Room great again and I ask for your vote.

I believe there are at least two candidates, namely @irish_thug and @Quipling, who want to achieve similar goals. I am willing to negotiate with everyone who approaches me.

You ran last year and placed second. What have you learned since last year to win you the office? As a prior year candidate, is this year or last year more challenging with the competition involved?

Every election is different, and I don't necessarily believe I have learned the secret to winning this year. But it certainly is easier this time: I've already had the ego boost from surviving the primaries, I've already had the pleasure of getting the vote of almost 100 War Room citizens. I won't be measuring this election's success by whether I will be POTWR at the end or not. I want to take the War Room back. I want to achieve my policy goals.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not say things we can't take back. Sherdog hierarchy is this, and only this:

War Room
Old Off Topic(Which was better)
Mayberry
Pro Wrestling Discussion(PWD Only)
Sports Bar
New OT(All total queers)

Heavies

Everything else

We'll just have to agree to disagree. New OT isn't all queers, it's just those plat-nation (insert your favorite homophobe insult here)...

You have got my vote.

tenor.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Be nice or the mix is getting 33% less weird.

The mix itself is weird, not the participants in it. Mostly because I can't figure out a criteria you come up with. You're one of those guys that voted for both JDragon and Palis in different rounds. A significant voter I track.

Is that the nexus you keep talking about with Whoopie Goldberg?

No Mr Clippy. The Nexus is a part of you, and it will always be seeded deep inside your beautiful body.

Did you moisturize today?

No Mr Clippy. The Nexus is a part of you, and it will always be seeded deep inside your beautiful body.

Did you moisturize today?

No I only do that on nights when I can't sleep so good

The mix itself is weird, not the participants in it. Mostly because I can't figure out a criteria you come up with. You're one of those guys that voted for both JDragon and Palis in different rounds. A significant voter I track.

Voting should be set to private..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back