2017 NFL Draft Discussion v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preliminary Top 21 on based on the players I've seen.

1. Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M
2. Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
3. Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
4. Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
5. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
6. Forrest Lamp, OL, Western Kentucky
7. Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
8. Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
9. Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin, OT
10. Evan Engram, OW, Ole Miss
11. Solomon Thomas, EDGE, Stanford
12. Malik McDowell, DL, Michigan State
13. Budda Baker, S, Washington
14. Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
15. David Njoku, TE, Miami
16. Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
17. Jamal Adams, S, LSU
18. Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
19. Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
20. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
21. Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

That low on Barnett?
He's solid, but a limited athlete. At that position I'm not taking a guy with that profile in Round 1.

And I was surprised Barnett didn't measure in bigger. 6'3"/259. Idk why but I thought he was closer to 275 based on tape.

I really like the Youngstown State edge guy. Looks like a 1st round guy.

Anyone else seen Sam Rogers? Fullback from VT. He's gonna be the next gritty deceptively fast scrappy hard worker we hear about nonstop lol

Kid was a lot of fun to watch, he's a nasty blocker, can catch, split out wide, even toss it on some trick plays. I'd love to see him with NYG on Day 3.

17. Jamal Adams, S, LSU
Only real gripe I have here is that I think Solomon Thomas > any OL in this draft, not even close IMO. Jamal Adams might be a bit low here too.

As for Foster, I can't totally dismiss character concerns, guy seems to be a talented idiot. I assume you disagree?

His concerns don't bother me for a LB. You have to be a savage and a little off to play that position.

The Rams are in a unique position with their first pick being at 2-37. No first round pick this year because of the Goff trade. The defense looks solid on paper but I put MLB/OLB/DE as needs only due to next offseason's multiple free agents. The more I believe in McVay running an offense I still think you have to go defense. I am less worried about the offense now which I haven't been able to say in years.

BPA as always
needs: WR/TE/MLB/OLB/DE/OG

As a outsider I am shocked that the first OL need a rams fan has is at 6th on their list.

17. Jamal Adams, S, LSU
Tough year for qbs huh? Only one on that list, and I've never heard of him lol

Also what corners do you think will be available for GB? I need some future cans to get hyped about

I don't get the lack of love for Fournette I'm seeing so often. Size, speed, balance, vision, I think he's going to be a force. To hear some talk about him it's like he's some big stiff who's suddenly going to start getting stuffed at the LOS. I think if he falls to the Panthers it's a huge gift.

I don't get the lack of love for Fournette I'm seeing so often. Size, speed, balance, vision, I think he's going to be a force. To hear some talk about him it's like he's some big stiff who's suddenly going to start getting stuffed at the LOS. I think if he falls to the Panthers it's a huge gift.
Not sold on his vision / reading holes / cutting / as a receiver. I'm not saying he is bad at those things - But Mixon/McCaffery are a level above in those attributes.

Wasn't that the perception of Derrick Henry coming out? He's done well from what I've seen.

As a outsider I am shocked that the first OL need a rams fan has is at 6th on their list.

Whitworth and Sullivan were key free agent signings. Rams projected O-Line: (OT)Whitworth, (OG)Saffold, (C)Sullivan, (OG)Havenstein, (OT)Robinson.

Tough year for qbs huh? Only one on that list, and I've never heard of him lol

Also what corners do you think will be available for GB? I need some future cans to get hyped about
Yeah, not a good year for QBs.

Excellent Year for corners though. The deepest position in the draft.

Wasn't that the perception of Derrick Henry coming out? He's done well from what I've seen.
But Henry tested like a great athlete. Fournette ran a fast 40 but was abysmal elsewhere.

Whitworth and Sullivan were key free agent signings. Rams projected O-Line: (OT)Whitworth, (OG)Saffold, (C)Sullivan, (OG)Havenstein, (OT)Robinson.
Makes sense. I'm still a lot more sold on their current DEs/OLBs. I wouldn't put all my faith in Greg Robiunson as my RT, Whitworth is great but will be 36 midseason, etc. It definitely improved though, saw many GIFs of Goff being sacked by 3 defenders at a time lol

Makes sense. I'm still a lot more sold on their current DEs/OLBs. I wouldn't put all my faith in Greg Robiunson as my RT, Whitworth is great but will be 36 midseason, etc. It definitely improved though, saw many GIFs of Goff being sacked by 3 defenders at a time lol

It also goes back to the Best Player Available philosophy. If there's a highly rated OG/OT on the grid then draft em.

I was looking at the next offseason FA's and Barwin, Ogletree, and Easley will all be on the market, two CBs (Johnson, Gaines) will be on the market. Just things I have taken into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back