2017 NFL Draft Discussion v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, it makes sense. College teams are adopting it now

Cunningham did 15 reps of 225 at the combine. That's pretty weak.
He isnt overly powerful, but to put that in perspective Anthony Barr did 15 also.

I think Mack only did 22.

Im about 5 minutes through the vid. The rugby style and Hawk roll are good shit. It seems so obvious for football players to utilize some rugby tackling techniques, but to see it drilled and actually presented in kind of a mission statement is cool. Seems like Cunningham should go to the Hawks. lol. Dont see a lot of teams adopting that idealogy- which they should. I especially like their keying leverage fits on the inside hip.

Yessir. A lot of players get too caught up in making the big hit rather than finishing the tackle.

Yessir. A lot of players get too caught up in making the big hit rather than finishing the tackle.

That annoys the shit out of me. I'll just leave it at that. lol

Corey Davis won't participate in his pro day due to injury

I just want the Packers to grab a CB and Pass rusher. I know they do the BAP sorta thing but goddamn... I do not trust Rollins, Randall, and Gunter like.. at all as DBs and we need more than just Daniels, Perry, and an aging banged up Matthews rushing.

He isnt overly powerful, but to put that in perspective Anthony Barr did 15 also.

I think Mack only did 22.

I really doubt Mack was trying to max out.

I just want the Packers to grab a CB and Pass rusher. I know they do the BAP sorta thing but goddamn... I do not trust Rollins, Randall, and Gunter like.. at all as DBs and we need more than just Daniels, Perry, and an aging banged up Matthews rushing.
Agreed but if Forrest Lamp is still available in the first round, he should be the pick, if not though, yeah, take the best DB available. There's fucking enough of them lol

I like the mocks that have the Colts taking Cook. Would be a great RB score.

But I'd rather see them take another OL.. preferably Cam Robinson if available. Two GOAT Bama linemen playing together would a good play with Constanzo still in the mix.

what the fuck are the cowboys doing with stupid romo

I'm not convinced they actually go BAP. They've been filling need as of late. Biggest need is CB, and unless some incredibly dope player is sitting around, I'd be shocked if they don't go hard at that position

I'm not convinced they actually go BAP. They've been filling need as of late. Biggest need is CB, and unless some incredibly dope player is sitting around, I'd be shocked if they don't go hard at that position
Luckily it's a pretty deep draft at DB in general. I know there's at least two really good guys coming out of UW this year among others.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I think we need a pass rusher or two.

Ishmael Zamora numbers from Baylor's Pro Day:

6035/224
40" vertical
11'1" broad jump

Wow. Someone is going to get an extremely high upside player in the later rounds.

so better prospect coming out of college: Clowney or Myles?

I'd say Myles. But then again it's easier to say that since it's more fresh in our minds.

It got me thinking about their combine stats (don't mean everything of course but thought it would be fun)

Clowny
6'5" - 266lbs - 34 12" arm length, 10' hands
4.53 40 yrd
21 reps bench
37.5 vert
124 broad

Garrett
6'4" - 272lb - 35 1/4" arm - 10 1/4" hands
6.64 40 yrd
33 reps bench
41 vert
128 broad

Garrett was a little slower but significantly stronger bench. I've heard a lot of Garrett interviews recently and the guy comes across like a really solid character guy as well.

Clowney got a ton of publicity for that hit he put on Michigan in the Outback bowl too. That shot alone helped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back