2017: Joanna Jędrzejczyk vs Valentina Shevchenko at 125 pounds

Valentina can get the D. Didn't think so at firsr but after checking her out a bit, she can.

Who cares. Plans will change quickly when she gets laid on by the numerous wrestlers in division she's actually fighting in right now.

Imagine is GSP and JJ made babies.... Would be the Ronaldo of MMA

JoJed will never beat Valentina. & the fight is unlikely to happen anyways(perhaps why). I'd watch though, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Polish princess would annihilate Shevchenko to be honest.

Valentina can get the D. Didn't think so at firsr but after checking her out a bit, she can.
She could always get the *D from me, lol.

*Decision. Get your minds outta the gutter pigs.

Valentina goes 4-0. Valentina is the superior, more technical striker. Much better defensively too, Joanna has next to 0 head movement. Joanna has superior handspeed and combos but Valentina's much more technical style, counters and footwork will beat her yet again. Not to mention she rekt Joanna inada clinch and when Joanna tried elbowing her in the clinch to go upstair she saw a spinning kick coming at her face lel

giphy.gif

Valentina gets the finish here by whatever she wants.

A lot of uneducated weirdos like to call Valentina a decision/passive/boring fighter but are ignoring the fact she was facing much bigger opponents who she had to be cautious against at 135 (she mentions this in an interview). Hence why the first time we see her against an opponent her size she brutally dominated her and pushed the pace.

As for my prediction I see Shevchenko taking Joanna down in the clinch and either getting the GnP TKO stoppage or submission finish.

A lot of uneducated weirdos like to call Valentina a decision/passive/boring fighter but are ignoring the fact she was facing much bigger opponents who she had to be cautious against at 135 (she mentions this in an interview). Hence why the first time we see her against an opponent her size she brutally dominated her and pushed the pace.

Fair play to Val she beat Holm and lost twice to Nunes who were both substantially bigger girls, Pena not so much as she has actually fought at flyweight. Infact half the 135 division were natural flyweights and have now moved down: Carmouche, Chookagian, Davis, Eye, Murphy, Evans-Smith ... the list goes on, so Val was hardly unique in that division.

So have these new 125 pounders suddenly developed ko power in the new division? Unfortunately not ..... with the exception of Roxanne Modafferi who did pull off a rare tko victory.

If you didn't know what you were watching in the Cachoeira fight then maybe you are the uneducated one and of course you ignore Val's extensive kickboxing and MT career, where she fought at her natural weight and in her characteristic style - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Back