2017: Joanna Jędrzejczyk vs Valentina Shevchenko at 125 pounds

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Joanna may in fact move up in the near future, (for her slight frame, she has thick legs) and as far as modern day weight cutting is concerned, Valentina is behind the times.

If they met at 125 next year...

Whoa.

s1.JPG

s2.jpg

s33.png

s4.jpg

Since they have fought several times in muay thay and Valentina has won those,itd be an interesting fight to see. They seem to be friends in real life and support each other.

In before all the Joanna nut huggers flood this place and defend their polack.

Since they have fought several times in muay thay and Valentina has won those,itd be an interesting fight to see. They seem to be friends in real life and support each other.

Indeed.

But they've both evolved since then, and...this is the UFC we're talking about here.

Indeed.

But they've both evolved since then, and...this is the UFC we're talking about here.

This was a great Q&A.Away from all the contrived reality tv bullshit, Joanna has been the best female ambassador they could have ever hoped for.

champion vs champion maybe... in 2017 after shev beats amanda.... be cool but i dont see it happening. when shev wins the title she will be defending it.

This was a great Q&A.Away from all the contrived reality tv bullshit, Joanna has been the best female ambassador they could have ever hoped for.

Well said.

Would be a standup WAR. Not sure if it'll happen if one or both are champs..

Yes, she has.

Think Valentina wins again, though.

The UFC must be thinking about this. A 125 division is getting ever closer, the Calderwood/Letourneau fight must have been a big wake up for Shelby seeing how especially Joanne looked at the right weight.

UFC must have in the back of their head, if Shevchenko can win at 135 they have a potential champion v champion matchup for the first 125 belt.

There really wouldnt be a more perfect way to launch a new division.

(and if Valentina won and vacated that frees the path for Rousey to come in against an opponent of her own choosing)

Valentina could probably make strawweight. She's very undersized.

The UFC must be thinking about this. A 125 division is getting ever closer, the Calderwood/Letourneau fight must have been a big wake up for Shelby seeing how especially Joanne looked at the right weight.

UFC must have in the back of their head, if Shevchenko can win at 135 they have a potential champion v champion matchup for the first 125 belt.

There really wouldnt be a more perfect way to launch a new division.

(and if Valentina won and vacated that frees the path for Rousey to come in against an opponent of her own choosing)

I think this is exactly where the UFC's head is at ... I don't think that it's an accident that Joanna has been talking about a future 125 division in every single interview she has done since the TUF finale. Even though I personally think it's too soon, I think the writing is one the wall and it will probably happen by the mid to end of 2017.

I think this is exactly where the UFC's head is at ... I don't think that it's an accident that Joanna has been talking about a future 125 division in every single interview she has done since the TUF finale. Even though I personally think it's too soon, I think the writing is one the wall and it will probably happen by the mid to end of 2017.

I think if Valentina wins the title they will do it then, they wont risk having her defend first, they will go straight into a champ v champ match

I think this is exactly where the UFC's head is at ... I don't think that it's an accident that Joanna has been talking about a future 125 division in every single interview she has done since the TUF finale.

Joanna just wants a second belt to defend. The Champ isn't getting enough fights ;)

I think if Valentina wins the title they will do it then, they wont risk having her defend first, they will go straight into a champ v champ match
I think its likely Valentina can beat Amanda and Joanna retains her belt, but personally I don't care for champ vs champ. Too many injuries and other champs not defending their belt already holding up divisions.

Joanna just wants a second belt to defend. The Champ isn't getting enough fights ;)
yeah i mean the most dangerous person for her to fight in her div now is thug rose. Thats not terribly compelling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back