2017 Green Bay Packers V2 What Gum Does Hundley Chew?

Some of the Packers fan IG pages I follow are saying the team should take a chance on Butler.

Did none of them actually WATCH him play this year? Yeah, the Pats kinda treated him like shit there to bench him for the SB but the guy... frankly... played like shit most of the year.

Not really keen on picking up Butler. Although if GB picked him up he might be extra fired up to stick it to the Pats. And we play them in 2018 too.

Not really keen on picking up Butler. Although if GB picked him up he might be extra fired up to stick it to the Pats. And we play them in 2018 too.
I hope we play them and ATL in the middle of a December blizzard.

12 v 12 in the cold when both of them their stats are otherworldly in shite weather.

Thinking about making that Hail Mary pic my av for a bit.

Yeah, I'm not huge on Butler either. I'd rather pick up one of the young CB's set to hit the market.

Yeah, I'm not huge on Butler either. I'd rather pick up one of the young CB's set to hit the market.
Who else is going to be available though? I'll admit I've been more focused on pass rushers given Randall seemingly pulling an Adams right after the Cowboys game only to be derailed by injury and hopefully King makes some progress this offseason I felt the CBs were in an OK spot. Not great but at least OK.

Kyle Fuller from the Bears is who I'd go for.

The iggles coaching was really good in the SB. The play calling was aggressive and they were coaching for the win. It made me think of MM, and how he coaches not to lose.

I don't know if that makes sense, but it does to me.

The iggles coaching was really good in the SB. The play calling was aggressive and they were coaching for the win. It made me think of MM, and how he coaches not to lose.

I don't know if that makes sense, but it does to me.

McCarthy's conservative nature was probably linked to him knowing what his own defense looked like. But he has himself to blame for keeping Capers for as long as he did.

It will be interesting to see how his coaching changes in 2018 if Pettine can field a legit, top tier, defensive unit.

McCarthy's conservative nature was probably linked to him knowing what his own defense looked like. But he has himself to blame for keeping Capers for as long as he did.

It will be interesting to see how his coaching changes in 2018 if Pettine can field a legit, top tier, defensive unit.

Having a shit defense means you have to take chances on offense because you have to score on every possession.

Who else is going to be available though? I'll admit I've been more focused on pass rushers given Randall seemingly pulling an Adams right after the Cowboys game only to be derailed by injury and hopefully King makes some progress this offseason I felt the CBs were in an OK spot. Not great but at least OK.

This is a great year for free agent cornerbacks.

My most-desired would be in this order:

1. EJ Gaines ($$$)
2. Aaron Colvin
3. Bashaud Breeland ($$)
4. Prince Amukamara
5. Kyle Fuller
6. Trumaine Johnson ($$$)
7. Alterraun Verner
8. Bene Benwikere
9. Darqueze Dennard
10. Malcom Butler ($$$)

IMO, we should be going FA for a corner and Draft for an Edge

Last edited:
This is a great year for free agent cornerbacks.

My most-desired would be in this order:

1. EJ Gaines ($$$)
2. Aaron Colvin
3. Bashaud Breeland ($$)
4. Prince Amukamara
5. Kyle Fuller
6. Trumaine Johnson ($$$)
7. Alterraun Verner
8. Bene Benwikere
9. Darqueze Dennard
10. Malcom Butler ($$$)

IMO, we should be going FA for a corner and Draft for an Edge

Couldn't agree more.

Edge, Receiver and maybe ILB if Rashaan Evans is still on the board for the first three picks.

Couldn't agree more.

Edge, Receiver and maybe ILB if Rashaan Evans is still on the board for the first three picks.

For (realistic) first round picks, honestly my first preference would be Calvin Ridley. I know WR doesn't seem like a huge need, but we haven't been able to separate in cover in years, and Ridley is fucking lightning. He's ready to be an immediate contributor, too.

Then, in the second, we go Edge, which is an insanely deep class

Early projections have these guys all lasting through the middle of the second.

For (realistic) first round picks, honestly my first preference would be Calvin Ridley. I know WR doesn't seem like a huge need, but we haven't been able to separate in cover in years, and Ridley is fucking lightning. He's ready to be an immediate contributor, too.

Then, in the second, we go Edge, which is an insanely deep class

Early projections have these guys all lasting through the middle of the second.

I'd argue WR is a huge need. Maybe not as much as EDGE, but like you said ; guys aren't getting much separation and the team doesn't have a solid deep threat anymore.

I'd like to nominate Equanimeous St. Brown as another solid pick:

All of your other suggestions are on my draft board too. Although I hear Key's love for the game has been questioned.

<bball1>

GTFO. My Minnesota family are going to be obnoxious.
lol i went to mn at the time of the playoffs cause i got family there. I never talk shit because the queens are irrelevant, but when they lost the nfc championship game I was getting looks and fuck you cheese head. So i rubbed it in and sang all night, I ONLY WANNA SEE A CHEESE HEAD LAUGHING IN THE PURPLE PAIN, PURPLE PAIN PUUUUURPLE PAAAYYYN! All night lol

I'm going to miss Cobb when he leaves even if it's the right thing for the team.

Dude was on the receiving end of two Hail Mary plays, 1 of which was the game winner and a dagger to the Bears.

Yeah, he's a memorable player, but I will definitely support the move. That he ever got a 10m/yr deal was stupid.

Especially if it means we can get Moncrief, who I have long said is a dream fit for the offense.

Back