2017 Green Bay Packers thread. Do we have a defense? Hell no

A bit harsh guys.... I actually felt the 2014 and 2015 defense were alright. Obviously they weren't elite but they were competent enough to give a chance at a superbowl run. The 2014 Packers were very close to a complete team ( minus special teams) that year since that 2010 squad. Unfortunately that NFC championship game overshadowed everything....Then as Jack mentioned had the offense been not such a mess in 2015 that team could've done some damage in the playoff. Instead we got offense unable to sustain drives, hail marys and defense gassing and shitting the bed in OT again.

That being said, 2016 defense was a shit show, absolutely garbage and unacceptable. The front seven was alright, interior being the strongest its been in awhile but the pass rush was so inconsistent. The safeties were quite good but the CB group was a disaster. I get it they were banged up, so hopefully they can stay healthy in 2017. Randall needs to stop playing so fucking soft, that shit was infuriatingly to watch happen play after play, game after game. Maybe it was his injury so he wasn't comfortable playing closer to the LOS but hes got to toughen up and trust himself again. Gunter did what he had to with what he was thrust into but he's a liability and needs safety help. I don't want him shadowing the 1 and 2 WR this season at all like he had to last year. He's fine as a 3 or 4 CB nothing more. Rollins injuries killed his growth but like Randall has to eventually play better. I like the Davon House signing. He should be able to play to his strength (press man) unlike in Jacksonville so if he could get close to that 2015 level of play, I'll take it.

TT absolutely must address Edge rusher and CB in this years draft. Guard and RB as well but in the latter rounds.

Last edited:
A bit harsh guys.... I actually felt the 2014 and 2015 defense were alright. Obviously they weren't elite but they were competent enough to give a chance at a superbowl run. The 2014 Packers were very close to a complete team ( minus special teams) that year since that 2010 squad. Unfortunately that NFC championship game overshadowed everything....Then as Jack mentioned had the offense been not such a mess in 2015 that team could've done some damage in the playoff. Instead we got offense unable to sustain drives, hail marys and defense gassing and shitting the bed in OT again.

That being said, 2016 defense was a shit show, absolutely garbage and unacceptable. The front seven was alright, interior being the strongest its been in awhile but the pass rush was so inconsistent. The safeties were quite good but the CB group was a disaster. I get it they were banged up, so hopefully they can stay healthy in 2017. Randall needs to stop playing so fucking soft, that shit was infuriatingly to watch happen play after play, game after game. Maybe it was his injury so he wasn't comfortable playing closer to the LOS but hes got to toughen up and trust himself again. Gunter did what he had to with what he was thrust into but he's a liability and needs safety help. I don't want him shadowing the 1 and 2 WR this season at all like he had to last year. He's fine as a 3 or 4 CB nothing more. Rollins injuries killed his growth but like Randall has to eventually play better. I like the Davon House signing. He should be able to play to his strength (press man) unlike in Jacksonville so if he could get close to that 2015 level of play, I'll take it.

TT absolutely must address Edge rusher and CB in this years draft. Guard and RB as well but in the latter rounds.

We're just packers fans (very emotional and judgmental) you know what gets me is the patriots in more than less the time of exsistence have more lombardis than the pack And they recognize brady is done soon and they go "all in" they did it in 16 years

If Clay is inside, does that mean Elliot is the starting OLB?

2015 was actually a real wasted year. The defense was ranked 9th overall, IIRC and was very healthy. Had the entire offense not been such a mess, I think GB could have made it to the SB that year.
Lol the defense did real well against Arizona. Palmer was throwing yolo passes all fuckin game, they dropped maybe 50 picks

Lol the defense did real well against Arizona. Palmer was throwing yolo passes all fuckin game, they dropped maybe 50 picks

That was a particularly bad defensive showing even by recent Packer standards.

I like Christine Michael as much as the next guy, but I don't see him offering as much as Legarrette Blount would. Especially in terms of added blocking potential, which is what we gonna need. If there was one free agent worth signing right now, as unlikely as it might seem, boy would it be him.

Taking the only two likeable Patriots would be kinda nice too.

Read that they brought in Mixon the other day for a visit, would probably be a decent pick value wise but theres the whole red flag of course

I'm down. At this point I'd rather a rb that punches women than buffets

Munn/Rodgers split after 3 years. Some internet comments go right for the "She was his beard and the contract was up" angle. I rolled my eyes but kind of chuckled nonetheless.

The Burrs tried to crack fun about it and it didn't go so well for them.

We have some practices and the draft to look forward to followed by weeks of anticipation over who we drafted as well as the bitching about who we didn't draft.

Opening against the Seachickens in week 1. Very interesting way to start the season. Apparently this is the rest of the schedule:

Wk 1 SEA 9/10 325

Wk 2 @ ATL 9/17 SNF

Wk 3 CIN 9/24 3:25

Wk 4 CHI 9/28 TNF

Wk 5 @ DAL 10/8 3:25

Wk 6 @ MIN 10/15 12

Wk 7 NO 10/22 12

Wk 8 BYE

Wk 9 11/6 DET MNF

Wk 10 @Chi 11/12 12

Wk 11 BAL 11/19 12

Wk 12 @Pitt 11/26 SNF

Wk 13 TB 12/3 12

Wk 14 @CLE 12/10 12

Wk 15 @Car 12

Wk 16 MIN 12/23 (SAT)

Wk 17 @DET 12/31 12

Feels like the same schedule as last year besides the AFC games

Knowing how petty and spiteful Rodgers is, one can't help but to be very optimistic about him getting dumped by Olivia.

Also, I would fucking love to get Mixon. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't really think what he did is THAT bad.

Back