2017 Green Bay Packers thread. Do we have a defense? Hell no

All those “weapons” on offense are really showing with GODgers out ,
Fist bump ted

Packers caught sleeping when the commentators knew Brees would sneak. Game over!

Yeah actually I think mcarthy called a semi decent game. Capers defense scheme was a fucking mess today. They have zero defensive depth and I think they should start by dumping clay Matthews. They can pick up two quality players with his salary.

We need a DC that knows the limitations of his players which it feels like Capers doesn’t.

Hundley throws ints like Brett Favre.

Last edited:
It wasn't ugly, but the fourth quarter was classic McCarthy playing not to lose.

It wasn't ugly, but the fourth quarter was classic McCarthy playing not to lose.

This makes me so annoyed. He never seems to play for the win. Why not take a risk or be a little aggressive?

I have McCarthy fatigue. He is a decent coach, but I would love to see some major changes in GB. Rodgers prime is being wasted.

Yeah actually I think mcarthy called a semi decent game. Capers defense scheme was a fucking mess today. They have zero defensive depth and I think they should start by dumping clay Matthews. They can pick up two quality players with his salary.

His contract is for $11.4 million next season but they could cut him with no dead money. I don't know what decent free agents they could get with $11.4 million. I suspect a rework for less money or he gets cut.

I just want Capers gone. Maybe McCarthy wouldn't have his ass clinched on the sidelines if he knew he had a competent DC running the defense.

I can't root for the Pack to lose out just for changes, but I'm getting pretty close these days if it meant Capers got his walking papers finally.

I just want Capers gone. Maybe McCarthy wouldn't have his ass clinched on the sidelines if he knew he had a competent DC running the defense.

I can't root for the Pack to lose out just for changes, but I'm getting pretty close these days if it meant Capers got his walking papers finally.
We can only hope.

Play calling in the second half looked like a team that had a 20 point lead. Completely conservative. I get it's a new QB but you have to let him air it out a bit more, they have good weapons against a shit defense and they hardly tried

Jones was the only reason it wasn't a blowout. How was he a 5th round pick?

It is a pain to have a defensive coordinator who only plays one system even if he doesn't have the players to fit that system.

2 silver linings

Jones and Martinez is playing like a madman

Yeah if they had won today ,maybe just maybe ,but what we saw from both sides of ball, looking bleak

Back