2017 Fantasy Football Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I have Gronk and Bell as "always start" barring injury or BYE week but that leaves me in a conundrum as to who to use as my second RB.

Perkins
Sproles
Cohen

Thoughts?

EDIT:
Everything I am seeing is saying Cohen's week 1, while he might not always match those numbers, wasn't a fluke.

Last edited:
I'm suffering from an embarrassment of riches at RB. I can only start 3 of these guys but can't decide who the odd man out is. 0.75 PPR.

Dalvin, Fournette, Demarco, Tarik Cohen.

I can't bench Dalvin and Fournette after those strong performances, so it's really between Demarco and Cohen. I know Demarco had a crappy week, but he's a top RB so it feels dumb to sit him. But it also feels dumb to blow my top waiver pick on Cohen just to have him ride the pine in a PPR league.

Help me, sherbros!

edit: Demarco is on the road against a good Jags defense. Cohen is on the road against an unknown Tampa Bay defense.

The thought is that Cohen will still get plenty of catches since White is hurt now, too. Something similar to Duke Johnson.
So like the role Woodhead would have on teams barring injury?

So like the role Woodhead would have on teams barring injury?

Yup, Duke Johnson, Chris Thompson, Darren Sproles, and Danny Woodhead would be apt comparisons, with a Woodhead-like year probably being his ceiling.

Yup, Duke Johnson, Chris Thompson, Darren Sproles, and Danny Woodhead would be apt comparisons, with a Woodhead-like year probably being his ceiling.
I chose to start Cohen over Perkins now I am stuck wondering if I should start Ertz over Delanie Walker in a flex spot because Walker is playing the Jags and everyone is saying that defense is decent this year.

I'm suffering from an embarrassment of riches at RB. I can only start 3 of these guys but can't decide who the odd man out is. 0.75 PPR.

Dalvin, Fournette, Demarco, Tarik Cohen.

I can't bench Dalvin and Fournette after those strong performances, so it's really between Demarco and Cohen. I know Demarco had a crappy week, but he's a top RB so it feels dumb to sit him. But it also feels dumb to blow my top waiver pick on Cohen just to have him ride the pine in a PPR league.

Help me, sherbros!

edit: Demarco is on the road against a good Jags defense. Cohen is on the road against an unknown Tampa Bay defense.
I sit Cohen with those options.

Blount is the only real starter of the 3. White in ppr might outscore him though but they use too many people.

Blount is the only real starter of the 3. White in ppr might outscore him though but they use too many people.
I'd honestly use White if in PPR. Seems like the Iggles do not know how to properly line up Blount as they seem insistent and running him out of Shotgun instead of a single back or with a fullback in front of him.

Rawls also practiced but may not play... I don't trust the Seahawks backfield for Fantasy purposes, too many mouths back there. Carson is probably the only one without injury history too.

Should I keep Jamal Charles on my bench or drop him for a second defense? I really want to see Charles do well but he took some shots in that first game and that fumble didn't exactly build any confidence.

I'd go with Bryant. He's boom or bust, but it's worth the risk because we have yet to see Corey Davis go boom, so he's like medium or bust.

I personally think Corey Davis is going to be Titans #1 receiver by the end of the season. I watched him in college and he jumped off the screen plus he was targeted 10 times in his debut when they were supposedly limiting his production until he's 100% healthy.

hurns vs titans or dez vs broncos? Im leaning hurns at moment. Dez could have had 2 td's week 1 but ended up doing shit. I still believe in him though, but the broncos are a tough D and dak doesnt force things downfield.

So, I have two flex spots and Sanders is fully locked into the first for me even though Seemen throws to some dude named Fowler way more than he should with DT and Sanders on his team but my second spot I had Delanie Walker in last week.

Now I am debating putting any of these guys there:
- Perkins
- Sproles
- Marvin Jones
- Ertz
- Amendola (if he gets cleared which I kinda suspect we won't know until it's almost too late Sunday morning).

I have Bell and Cohen as starting RBs, Dez and Adams as starting WR, and Gronk as my starting TE.

Leaning Ertz or Sproles given Berry is out now but not 100% sure.

I chose to start Cohen over Perkins now I am stuck wondering if I should start Ertz over Delanie Walker in a flex spot because Walker is playing the Jags and everyone is saying that defense is decent this year.
I'd go with Ertz. Philly is ok throwing more, whereas the Titans want to be a run-first team. Plus you're right, the jags defense is good. So is KC's defense but Eric Berry is out so that hurts their pass defense.

Also, Titans have better receivers that take away targets from Walker. Whereas Ertz only has to compete with Agholor and maybe sproles.

So, I have two flex spots and Sanders is fully locked into the first for me even though Seemen throws to some dude named Fowler way more than he should with DT and Sanders on his team but my second spot I had Delanie Walker in last week.

Now I am debating putting any of these guys there:
- Perkins
- Sproles
- Marvin Jones
- Ertz
- Amendola (if he gets cleared which I kinda suspect we won't know until it's almost too late Sunday morning).

I have Bell and Cohen as starting RBs, Dez and Adams as starting WR, and Gronk as my starting TE.

Leaning Ertz or Sproles given Berry is out now but not 100% sure.

id go with ertz, i watched that week 1 game from beginning to end and he is by far carsons favorite target on that team. I see him getting 10 targets on the regular. I have similar situation in my main league with ertz and walker (no gronk though lol) and i plan on leaning ertz most of the season. I also had marvin jones and played him which worked only becasue he socred a td. I dropped him, hope i dont regret that. I also have perkins but in a non flex league where we just use 2 rb's so hell probably ride the pine for me all year.

Id still give Perkins another chance this week on MNF. I think the Giants will be much better with Beckham back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back