2017 Combat Sambo HL with headbutting from clinch

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
2017 combat sambo HL with head butting from the clinch. I did know they can do that.

Yup, the other month I was lamenting that elbows aren't allowed in combat sambo... while at the same time my coach was lamenting that headbutts weren't legal for competition in the UK

Yup, the other month I was lamenting that elbows aren't allowed in combat sambo... while at the same time my coach was lamenting that headbutts weren't legal for competition in the UK

I did not know head butts were legal. I never saw it except in Burmese Bando.

I did not know head butts were legal. I never saw it except in Burmese Bando.

It's strange, elbows and kicks that attack the knee are banned, but headbutts are fine in the former USSR countries - maybe because of the helmet

It's strange, elbows and kicks that attack the knee are banned, but headbutts are fine in the former USSR countries - maybe because of the helmet

They are using the flimsy classic amateur boxing helmets. I believe those are mostly to prevent cuts.

They are using the flimsy classic amateur boxing helmets. I believe those are mostly to prevent cuts.

Exactly, that means you can get the power of the headbutt without necessarily getting the cut... I mean that's not fool proof at all because people still get busted up, but they seem to have a bit more concern over cuts because of the tournament format they use.

Oddly, I've been told you're allowed to blast someone in the face with your forearm so long as the elbow doesn't connect.

I do not want to get head butted, no way.

I like the idea of pulling off a headbutt in a fight... I don't want to get head butted myself though...

I guess the Gracie's did have it right by getting special rules for fights.

Back