2017 CFB Discussion v2: Will Okie Chokie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas will probably lose to Iowa State while only concentrating on OU.

I would be fine with that, still OU will probably make the playoff only to lose to UTSA

Beep beep motherfucker!

Arkansas/Texas A&M is not only a Border War in Jerryworld but it's a "Loser leaves town" match.

He was still an elite coach up until the end.
Is there any truth that he made y'all hire Perkins?
I'm not sure, I doubt he made them. He may have suggested Perkins, but I really don't know.

I've never read anything about him really having that type of personality.

I'm not sure, I doubt he made them. He may have suggested Perkins, but I really don't know.

I've never read anything about him really having that type of personality.
And then y'all hired Curry over Bowden after Perkins went back to the NFL. :eek:

At least Arkansas will look nice in their red Cowboy jerseys.

arkansas_1505764273399_11170982_ver1.0.jpg

It's going to be a tough game, I'm not very confident at all, FSU really needed that tune up game last week to get Blackmon comfortable in game.
What about ya boy Cosentino? He's a redshirt junior by now.

Are there any Alabama fans out there that think Saban 2017 has transitioned to Bear Bryant circa 1980?

- coaching skills are 5 yrs behind current trends
- assistants doing most of the heavy lifting now
- more mythic persona than coaching mastermind (presently)
- 60% of current success is due to asymmetric talent advantage, and therefore dated coaching philosophy still effective.
- even in declining coaching motivation/interest/skill Saban's team is no worse than #3 at the end of the year.

He runs Alabama like an NFL franchise, in my opinion. It's smart, Bama's a football factory, their main goal is to win championships and put guys in the pros, so it makes sense to set up a professional environment to prepare these kids for the next step in their careers. Kentucky, Duke and few others do something similar in basketball.

But to address your main point, yes, Saban seems to be a little more relaxed in his approach. It's no secret that Saban is/was a notorious micro-manager, so loosening his grip a bit is a good thing for all involved.

By the way: UVa just went into Boise last night and put a whippin' on the Broncos. Mendenhall appears to be building a solid foundation for our program. The process resembles the same gradual build that Bennett has had on the basketball side. We're never going to win a championship, but should be a tough out moving forward. Really, that's all I can ask from an academically-driven school like UVa.

It was 10 years ago this weekend when Gundy told us he was a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back