2017 CFB Discussion v1: Can Mrs. Swinney's baby boy do it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole Miss got hit with the dreaded lack of institutional control charge in their newest NOA from the NCAA. They've already self-imposed a postseason ban for 2017. Dark, dark days ahead for the Grove?

Back to irrelevance.

Back to irrelevance.
The worst part is they didn't even win their division once.

xT1XGRApxBr5PpoK0o.gif

Although it is interesting that the one SEC program that's consistently given Saban fits lately is about to get hammered.

trollsaban.0.gif

LSJUMB (the stanford band) fb page is looking for a caption for this pic.

16832080_10155868383470760_1403121433204892254_n.jpg

The KKK still has rallies on Ole Miss' campus (not joking, look it up yourself) so I wonder if this is how it went down.

52952c7.gif

The SEC commissioner always does what's "Best for business" for the SEC. Larry Scott really needs to take notes.

The SEC commissioner always does what's "Best for business" for the SEC. Larry Scott really needs to take notes.

I'm good with the PAC 8/10/12 (minus the Arizona schools :eek:) being a premier academic conference behind the Ivy league. Let's be honest, PAC-12 football is a one day a week leisure activity for fans.

The KKK still has rallies on Ole Miss' campus (not joking, look it up yourself) so I wonder if this is how it went down.

That's kind of disturbing.

21 years ago there was a KKK march in Ann Arbor :( --- among the most liberal/diverse places you're likely to encounter). It turned into a global story because a black high schooler defended a guy wearing a confederate flag t-shirt who was attacked.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24653643

_70763341_kt_624_624.jpg

That's kind of disturbing.

21 years ago there was a KKK march in Ann Arbor :( --- among the most liberal/diverse places you're likely to encounter). It turned into a global story because a black high schooler defended a guy wearing a confederate flag t-shirt who was attacked.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24653643

_70763341_kt_624_624.jpg
Is this a big deal on UM's campus right now or is it just another disgruntled group of worthless liberal arts students?

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31322/

I'm good with the PAC 8/10/12 (minus the Arizona schools :eek:) being a premier academic conference behind the Ivy league. Let's be honest, PAC-12 football is a one day a week leisure activity for fans.

Hey no bad mouthing Tempe Community College. The women there are top notch

Georgia DT Trenton Thompson withdrawing from classes.

Is this a big deal on UM's campus right now or is it just another disgruntled group of worthless liberal arts students?

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31322/

I hadn't heard about this specific issue but I am aware that a portion of black students was looking at escalating protests (I don't recall to what level) over the threat of removing affirmative action programs at UMich as part of state legislation.

AA gets a lot of complaints from some groups because it "doesn't look like the rest of the state". I'm a transplant -- like 75+% of people in AA (Ann Arbor) -- but from what I have observed Michigan has: Detroit (70%) and Flint (60%) which are black, Dearborn is middle eastern and the rest of the state is largely "white" people who wear a lot of cammo, hunt, and work in manufacturing/tech/farming. So the state is full of transplants: African Americans who moved from the south, eastern Europeans, and more recent newcomers from the middle east. To me, that actually sounds a lot like AA.

@JSN could maybe weigh in here.

I hadn't heard about this specific issue but I am aware that a portion of black students was looking at escalating protests (I don't recall to what level) over the threat of removing affirmative action programs at UMich as part of state legislation.

AA gets a lot of complaints from some groups because it "doesn't look like the rest of the state". I'm a transplant -- like 75+% of people in AA (Ann Arbor) -- but from what I have observed Michigan has: Detroit (70%) and Flint (60%) which are black, Dearborn is middle eastern and the rest of the state is largely "white" people who wear a lot of cammo, hunt, and work in manufacturing/tech/farming. So the state is full of transplants: African Americans who moved from the south, eastern Europeans, and more recent newcomers from the middle east. To me, that actually sounds a lot like AA.

@JSN could maybe weigh in here.
I can't even keep up with what's pissing people off these days.

Definitely seems ridiculous to expect any given area in a state to be a perfect microcosm of the state as a whole. AA has a ton of jews so you know, so on either must always keep his jar of gypsy tears close by.

Anyone see the NFL network: a football life, Eric Dickerson?

Hilarious listening to the recruiting circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back