2017 CFB Discussion v1: Can Mrs. Swinney's baby boy do it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for ND fans: Why the hell does your fans sell their tickets to big home games? Jawja had half the stadium covered. Nebraska did back in the day. OU did the same thing. WTH

I'm going to guess it's the same as Michigan. There isa 15yr plus waiting list for season tickets at Michigan. 90,000 seats are season tickets. It's a national university with many owned by alumni that live in Virginian, Maryland, NY, Florida and Texas (those are the most common license plates at the student ghetto Kroger that i shopped at in Ann Arbor --- @Revolver: that kroger is now the Lucky Market that we went to for food and beer before the game two years ago).

Many of those Alumni only fluy in for 2 games a year so there are plenty of tickets sold through re-sellers. I have a guy that I could always count on for great tickets just minutes before kick off.

The defense is a big question mark. No one in the secondary has ever played before. No Solomon Thomas and no stud linebacker to stuff the run. 18 pt loss at U$C is about right.

I want to give Stanford 5 games and to see how this year might go. Stanford has plenty of receivers, they just have to get their timing together with Cryst and the line needs to gel.

Take a look at their schedule. Cal, San Diego st. and ASU are their 3 'easiest' games. I would be happy with an 8 win season (including the bowl game).

BTW - how many times did U$C deflect Keller Cryst passes at the line?

The fox announcers were hyping up the Stanford secondary as the best Darnold will see this year. Still probably true because UW isn't on the schedule. I thought the Stanford receivers had a hell of a game and were making Chryst look pretty good, but Stanford isn't designed to win those kind of games. The tipped passes at the line seem to be the work of Kenechi Udeze who became the DL coach last year. That had to throw off Chryst as well.

What's the big deal about Mayfield planting the OU flag on the field?

We're in the top 25 wooo.

Not a top 25 team though lol

Stick a fork in Baylor

edit: What's up with all these teams struggling with FCS teams this year?
Well, in Baylor's case, probation and such. They will be going back to the Baylor we knew and loved as an auto-win before RGIII came along.

aadfjklgh;aldkjh

aadfjklgh;aldkjh

YJvufWN.gif

billysims.gif

Good news...game is on in Gainesville this Saturday:

TENNESSEE AT FLORIDA FOOTBALL GAME TO BE PLAYED AS SCHEDULED SATURDAY AT 3:30 PM ET
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (September 12, 2017) – The Tennessee at Florida football game, slated for Saturday at 3:30 pm ET at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, will be played in Gainesville as scheduled, the SEC Office announced Tuesday.
http://utsports.com/news/2017/9/12/...ayed-as-scheduled-saturday-at-3-30-pm-et.aspx

Good news...game is on in Gainesville this Saturday:

TENNESSEE AT FLORIDA FOOTBALL GAME TO BE PLAYED AS SCHEDULED SATURDAY AT 3:30 PM ET
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (September 12, 2017) – The Tennessee at Florida football game, slated for Saturday at 3:30 pm ET at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, will be played in Gainesville as scheduled, the SEC Office announced Tuesday.
http://utsports.com/news/2017/9/12/...ayed-as-scheduled-saturday-at-3-30-pm-et.aspx
I wish it was at noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back