2017 Best Boxing Training Glove(s) for your money

conceptfighter0432

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys just want to hear your recommendation(s) for which training gloves are best for your money. Please don't turn this into a Cleto Reyes Vs. Winning. I see nobody using Cletos strictly for training purposes (Instead for fights) and I'm assuming it's because of the weird shape (thumb, hand compartment, etc.) of the glove not to mention fraudulent weight issues. And Winnings are high-priced pillows.

Comment below to get this started.

Loads of people use Cletos for training purposes. You'd have to guess that they're one of the most popular gloves amongst boxers.

KOFG gloves at $40 are still one of the best options for anyone in the US on a budget.

If someone's in the UK, getting Thai gloves, or getting something from Juan or a Topboxer stock option, I would think are some of the best choices for your money. A lot of good deals can just be found on ebay though for cheap. There are very few places where you can buy retail and get a price for something that wouldn't be much cheaper if you were in the US.

Last edited:
Loads of people use Cletos for training purposes. You'd have to guess that they're one of the most popular gloves amongst boxers.

KOFG gloves at $40 are still one of the best options for anyone in the US on a budget.

If someone's in the UK, getting Thai gloves, or getting something from Juan or a Topboxer stock option, I would think are some of the best choices for your money. A lot of good deals can just be found on ebay though for cheap. There are very few places where you can buy retail and get a price for something that wouldn't be much cheaper if you were in the US.
I'm in the US, are there really legit Cletos for sale on eBay at a reduced price?

I'm in the US, are there really legit Cletos for sale on eBay at a reduced price?

Rarely. I think Juan probably still sells Reyes cheaper than what you can get it at from regular stores: [email protected]

When I mentioned ebay, I was really thinking more about the gloves that private sellers will put up, often enough in new condition, with some brand label attached which nobody has heard of and thus nobody ever wants to buy. But then you can see from the pictures that the actual gloves are legit and can grab a bargain that way. Plenty of times, in the UK at least, you can get something for a fiver that might get sold for £40-50 at a store if it had any brand-name value.

After having purchased several pairs of Cletos, the lesson I learned is that it's better to just pay the full price for a solid pair than to risk getting an even slightly defective pair for $20-30 off. They are built like tanks and you don't want to get stuck with one that has issues, however minor. They're well worth the full price.

Though, if you can get them from Juan for cheaper, I'm sure that's a solid option, too. Main point is don't try to cut corners when buying Cleto Reyes.

After having purchased several pairs of Cletos, the lesson I learned is that it's better to just pay the full price for a solid pair than to risk getting an even slightly defective pair for $20-30 off. They are built like tanks and you don't want to get stuck with one that has issues, however minor. They're well worth the full price.

Though, if you can get them from Juan for cheaper, I'm sure that's a solid option, too. Main point is don't try to cut corners when buying Cleto Reyes.
Thank you for sending this. Had someone else tell me the exact same thing.

Hey guys just want to hear your recommendation(s) for which training gloves are best for your money. Please don't turn this into a Cleto Reyes Vs. Winning. I see nobody using Cletos strictly for training purposes (Instead for fights) and I'm assuming it's because of the weird shape (thumb, hand compartment, etc.) of the glove not to mention fraudulent weight issues. And Winnings are high-priced pillows.

Comment below to get this started.

The newer model's of Cleto's seems to have a better designed thumb. I used to have the same opinion regarding the cleto training gloves, But they seem to have somewhat corrected the problem. I have the new purple 14oz trainers in velcro. They are real nice. Prob should have got them in 16oz though cuz they are super snug.

Winning is still best overall.

But to answer your question, I would say Ring to Cage C17 is the best for the money as well as Fairtex pro fight and western style gloves. Fairtex has better leather and finish than the C17 though. But the c17's are supper comfy.

Ring to Cage C17
DSC06637.jpg

Fairtex BGL3
825e382153ff69cd69d8bf365ede1e53.jpg

SIDE PROFILE.
44e04a49969923df6e11b6a8399b2c88.jpg

Triumph United Death Adder gloves. Very durable gloves, fair price, the lace ups are the best version, but the velcro gloves are really good too.

triumph-united-death-adder-lace-up-sparring-gloves.jpg

triumph-united-death-adder-boxing-gloves-grey-black-group-01.jpg

Thriumph United Death Adders are so far one of the best glove I had.

At my gym one of out best ammys used his for 3 years, I even posted pics of them before. He stopped using them around Nov of 2016, he got them in 2013. And this kid is high level, national champion. He didn't take care of them, they smelled like shit, but they held up every step of the way. He actually only stopped using them because the glove stink was crazy, they still have a ton of life in them.

The DA can handle every type of training from weekend warrior to high level. Also want to mention the Death Star gloves are excellent as well, good for all around training, and really good for beginner sparring because they are pretty big

At my gym one of out best ammys used his for 3 years, I even posted pics of them before. He stopped using them around Nov of 2016, he got them in 2013. And this kid is high level, national champion. He didn't take care of them, they smelled like shit, but they held up every step of the way. He actually only stopped using them because the glove stink was crazy, they still have a ton of life in them.

The DA can handle every type of training from weekend warrior to high level. Also want to mention the Death Star gloves are excellent as well, good for all around training, and really good for beginner sparring because they are pretty big

Hope mine will last as long. Those Death Stars are on my list for sure.....Next time there is a sale.

Do they fit the same or similar to the DAs ?

Hope mine will last as long. Those Death Stars are on my list for sure.....Next time there is a sale.

Do they fit the same or similar to the DAs ?

They should last a really long time. I just want to add that the other guy who's DA's split by the thumb was definitely a defective pair. I always do a qc check by eye, so if I see something I don't like I can exchange it asap.

If the DA is considered a tight fit, I guess the Death Star would be a medium fit. The DS I used were owned by a guy with similar sized hands to mine (average) and it was a comfortable, snug fit. IMO the DS are the perfect beginner gloves because of price and performance, but also because the larger profile is perfect for someone learning to spar. My buddy has had his a couple years now and uses them for all bag an mitt work as well as sparring.

Edit: would also like to add that the Death Star velcro wrist support is top notch. IMO it's close to a 9, but I'll subtract half a point because some might disagree (plus I love T*U), so 8.5 overall. Either way, it will not be easy to move bend your wrist forward (which is my main concern).

Last edited:
Back