Social The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season (Harvey/Irma/Maria PBP)

Well, this explains the lack of lag in call of duty with no Puerto Ricans slowing down the connection.

That's nuts. Months?

I think it's safe to assume that Puerto Rico gonna be stuck in the stone age well until 2018.

Even before this catastrophe, their aged and neglected power grid was already on the verge of collapsing, with no money for repair.

What was the other island without power for 4-6 months people projected? That's just insane

Crazy this thread is already on the 4th page lol. PR is pretty much destroyed. I saw today that a major dam is going to break and they need to evacuate 70k people, but they don't really have the means to. They are pretty certain that it will break, and that it will happen in the next day or two.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41368478

What was the other island without power for 4-6 months people projected? That's just insane

What other island? There have been like half a dozen islands destroyed by hurricanes this year.

Scary shit. As a Florida resident, I am hoping God, global warming, whatever takes mercy on my beloved Caribbean....I think that's enough hurricanes, no mas!

Wait for October...

The 2017 hurricane season is projected by NOAA to lasts until November 30, and we still have 8 reserved names remaining for further storm developments: Nate, Ophelia, Philippe, Rina, Sean, Tammy, Vince and Whitney.

That's the generic end to all hurricane seasons. It's not projected by NOAA. Just like winter starts on Dec. 21 and no one projects it to start then.

@rj144 The new forum software has a feature called Multi-Quote, give it a try.

Fears of dam collapse add to Puerto Rico's misery after hurricane
Dave Graham, Robin Respaut | Sept 22, 2017​

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (Reuters) - Puerto Rico’s governor met with mayors from around the ravaged island on Saturday after surveying damage to an earthen dam in the northwestern part of the U.S. territory that was threatening to collapse from flooding in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Some 70,000 people who live downstream from the compromised dam, forming a lake on the rain-swollen Guajataca River, were under order to evacuate, with the structure in danger of bursting at any time.

“We saw directly the damage to the Guajataca dam,” Governor Ricardo Rossello said in a Spanish-language Twitter message on Saturday. “We reinforce our request that people leave the area as soon as possible.”

Earlier, municipal authorities in the area had suggested fewer people were at risk than previously thought and that only about 320 people had been evacuated, according to a report in the local newspaper El Nuevo Dia. Authorities had discovered that erosion near the dam had allowed water to escape, reducing pressure on the structure, it reported.

Officials could not be reached on Saturday to provide an update on the evacuation or the condition of the dam.

But the U.S. National Weather Service said on its website that the dam was still in danger of failing and triggering life-threatening flash floods.

“Stay away or be swept away,” it warned.

Meanwhile, people across the island were struggling to dig out from the devastation left by the storm, which killed at least 25 people as it churned across the Caribbean, according to officials and media reports.

“To all Puerto Ricans, please know we will get back up,” the governor tweeted as he met with mayors in the territory to identify their most urgent needs. “Together with the mayors, as one government.4Puerto Rico”

In a development that could help the recovery effort, the Port of San Juan reopened, according to a Twitter message from the agency that operates it, allowing ships to unload supplies.

Severe flooding, structural damage to homes and virtually no electric power were three of the most pressing problems facing Puerto Ricans, said New York Governor Andrew Cuomo during a tour of the island.

”It’s a terrible immediate situation that requires assistance from the federal government - not just financial assistance, said Cuomo, whose state is home to millions of people of Puerto Rican descent.

“It is a dangerous situation today and it’s going to be a long-term reconstruction issue for months,” Cuomo, a Democrat and potential 2020 presidential candidate, told CNN.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...to-ricos-misery-after-hurricane-idUSKCN1BY05J

Last edited:
Puerto Rico dam fails; evacuations begin along Guajataca River
By Ralph Ellis, CNN
Updated 2:42 PM ET, Sat September 23, 2017

All people living near the Guajataca River in northwest Puerto Rico should evacuate immediately because of an "imminent dam break," the National Weather Service in San Juan said Friday afternoon.

"All Areas surrounding the Guajataca River should evacuate NOW. Their lives are in DANGER! Please SHARE!" an earlier tweet said.

About 70,000 people in the area of the Guajataca Dam have been told to evacuate, National Guard spokeswoman Yennifer Alvarez told CNN's Leyla Santiago.Buses have been brought in to help people leave.

Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello said on Saturday afternoon that the dam was holding up, but residents should still evacuate the area until further notice.

"We don't know how much longer it will hold," said Rossello. "The structure has been significantly compromised."

Due to damaged telephone lines and lack of radio contact, Rossello said authorities have to physically go to the area and alert residents of the dangers posed by a possible dam breach.

Speaking on CNN's "Out Front" with Erin Burnett, Puerto Rican Secretary of State Luis Gerardo Rivera Marín said the evacuations are difficult because the island was heavily damaged by Hurricane Maria, which struck earlier this week. Many parts of Puerto Rico are flooded and more than 3 million people don't have electricity.

"It is (done) in the blackness of the night," he said. "There's lack of energy, especially in the mountain regions where the winds were higher speeds."

The NWS issued a flash-flood notice for the towns of Isabela and Quebradillas, which are about 6 miles apart. Isabela has about 45,000 people, Quebradillas 25,000 people.

The dam was constructed by the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority to create a lake that provides drinking water to residents of the area, according to the US Geological Survey.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/22/us/puerto-rico-guajataca-river-dam-evacuations/index.html

Last edited:
4th page? Was it merged? I see 54.

sorry, I meant 4th page of the war room sub forum. I didnt realize the subforum had so many new topics each day.

I guess when there are idiots on boths sides who make a new thread over the stupidest shit from Trump and/or Clinton, among all the race bait threads.. real news like this gets lost in the flood

Back