Social The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season (Harvey/Irma/Maria PBP)

ap_172396594912668.jpg

ap_172396103136738.jpg

ap_1723952412235722.jpg

ap_172400477430639.jpg

gettyimages-83986664212.jpg

Members of the Texas Task Force 2 search and rescue team work through a destroyed apartment complex trying to find anyone that still may be in the apartment complex after Hurricane Harvey passed through on August 27, 2017 in Rockport, Texas

Damn, that picture of the old people sitting in a flooded room, in what appears to be a nursing home or assisted living facility really hits in the feels.

Interesting to note how social media is aiding a lot of people to stay connected to family, friends and responders. As much reason as we have to shit on twitter, facebook, Instagram on a dailybasis -- we can really see its value during times like this.

Damn, that picture of the old people sitting in a flooded room, in what appears to be a nursing home or assisted living facility really hits in the feels.

It was a nursing home and they all made it safely

I respect your good intentions, TS. Good luck.

houstonflood-82717.jpg
I saw that picture a few days ago while the storm was still going on...about 12 years ago I lived not a block from where that photo was taken and have a friend who lives at the apartment complex at the corner of Braeswood and Braesmont - that area has always flooded due to Braes bayou being right there, but nothing ever like that until now. That's just insane.

that is great to hear. I am a RN at a nursing home, I can't imagine our residents going through that.

We had to place my mother in a nursing home a few months back (she has since passed) but ya that photo kind of struck me as well seeing how vulnerable and helpless many of the people there were. Half of them wouldn't even have realized a flood was happening.

And i give you MAD respect for doing what you do. I witnessed nurses in the nursing home being physically assaulted by the residents, verbally assaulted and I cannot imagine the kind of stuff you see on a daily basis not to mention having to deal with death.

200.webp

We had to place my mother in a nursing home a few months back (she has since passed) but ya that photo kind of struck me as well seeing how vulnerable and helpless many of the people there were. Half of them wouldn't even have realized a flood was happening.

And i give you MAD respect for doing what you do. I witnessed nurses in the nursing home being physically assaulted by the residents, verbally assaulted and I cannot imagine the kind of stuff you see on a daily basis not to mention having to deal with death.

200.webp

Thank you sir. To be honest, The work of being a floor nurse was too stressful for me. I have more of a desk job, doing what is called MDS coordinating, so I don't do nearly as much getting down and dirty.

I do participate in most resident/family meetings tho, as I am the one who creates their care plans (which is also how we bill Medicare/Medicaid)... so I do know the residents and their families, so the dealing with death does suck a lot.

Thank you sir. To be honest, The work of being a floor nurse was too stressful for me. I have more of a desk job, doing what is called MDS coordinating, so I don't do nearly as much getting down and dirty.

I do participate in most resident/family meetings tho, as I am the one who creates their care plans (which is also how we bill Medicare/Medicaid)... so I do know the residents and their families, so the dealing with death does suck a lot.

Ya, I went through it with my mom. Having to create the care plan knowing she was terminal I kind of left it in the hands of the staff to make sure she wasn't suffering and had the best quality of life possible for the remaining days. It's a tough job but know you are appreciated by some. The staff at the place I was at was top notch and literally covered every single thing.

Did you hear about the Good Samaritans who were shot at?

Someone actually tried stealing the rescuers boat

Wow. Fuck that person so much. That's unbelievable, or well, I wish I lived in a world where that was unbelievable. Last couple years have shown that humans are indeed capable of being that heartless and self centered

Wow. Fuck that person so much. That's unbelievable, or well, I wish I lived in a world where that was unbelievable. Last couple years have shown that humans are indeed capable of being that heartless and self centered

I also heard on the radio that black gang members have been bragging on Twitter about robbing white people's homes because they deserve it.

Clyde Cain: “The people that are wanting to be rescued are trying to steal the boat… We’ve been shot at… We have boats being shot at. Because if we’re not picking up everybody, we’re having to pull out for a minute.”

Here is security footage of a Houston store being robbed.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-28-at-6.40.47-PM.jpg

Last edited:
There are some other threads related Hurricane Harvey, but in true WR fashion, they were made to bitch and whine about other things instead of the actual disaster and evacuation itself.

Let's use this thread to share photos, videos, and other stories from the scene.

For the usual WR adolescents who are here to "contribute" worthless partisan posts the only way they know how: fuck off, we don't want you here.

2700784_Thumb.jpg

Hey now, mine with the cute anchor is at least to a legit 24 hour stream ha!

As this will be a long, ongoing story for years it's good to have a proper title.

Harvey The Hurricane Hawk rescue.

Harvey The Hurricane Hawk update

Hes going to the wildlife center now

Anyone see the confederate flag in the video?

Apparently people are bitching about it online despite the nice thing he did.

Back