NCAA Wrestling

Postseason Lizak with a couple of hours after weigh ins is a completely different person

Is Ashnault going to get a Medical Hardship and be able to compete next year?

Did you guys see Ringer's results in Ukraine, he beat 2016 Olympic bronze medalist Yabrail Hasanov in the 79kg finals 7-3. He's been getting closer to Dake every match and I don't think Kyle is a lock as our 79 rep anymore.
Things are definitely interesting with guys like Deiringer coming up and the weight class shift. Its hard to ignore the match between Dake and Deiringer at last years Paris Tournament. I remember Dake absolutely demolishing him. Dake is wrestling really well too as of late. He was absolutely on fire at the Clubs World Championships and took silver at the latest Yarygin.

Things are definitely interesting with guys like Deiringer coming up and the weight class shift. Its hard to ignore the match between Dake and Deiringer at last years Paris Tournament. I remember Dake absolutely demolishing him. Dake is wrestling really well too as of late. He was absolutely on fire at the Clubs World Championships and took silver at the latest Yarygin.

At WTT the match was much closer.....

Since Paris they've gone 3-0 and 2-2, both going to Dake. Ringer has yet to score a takedown but he's improving and getting more and more comfortable with International Freestyle at the Sr. Level. I can't wait to see what happens at the US Open and the trials this year.

Since Paris they've gone 3-0 and 2-2, both going to Dake. Ringer has yet to score a takedown but he's improving and getting more and more comfortable with International Freestyle at the Sr. Level. I can't wait to see what happens at the US Open and the trials this year.

It will also be interesting to see how Mark Hall and Z Valencia fair at Seniors this year

Are they both trying out for the Sr. WT at 79kg? I don't think they're quite there yet but wow what a lineup!
I know Hall won a match at the Rio trials and I think Dieringer did too. If u can win an NCAA DI title and have junior world hardware, in my opinion, you're a threat to anyone at the senior level. I don't think Burroughs even placed at his 1 junior worlds.

It will also be interesting to see how Mark Hall and Z Valencia fair at Seniors this year
Don't sleep on John Reader either. He's probably the only major player at 79 who is not only down from 86 but did very well at 86.

I know Hall won a match at the Rio trials and I think Dieringer did too. If u can win an NCAA DI title and have junior world hardware, in my opinion, you're a threat to anyone at the senior level. I don't think Burroughs even placed at his 1 junior worlds.

2020 is going to be interesting when they only have 74 and 86 to choose from. Who do you ( also @PolishHeadlock ) think moves up or down?

2020 is going to be interesting when they only have 74 and 86 to choose from. Who do you ( also @PolishHeadlock ) think moves up or down?
Oooh that's tough bc its unlikely Burroughs will be as dominant by 2019-2020. Dake is just too small for 86 in my opinion. Even though he was runner up and came really close to winning the spot in 2016, I think hed rather come down. As far as I know this is uncharted territory with these new weigh in procedures so its tough to say what will happen.

Oooh that's tough bc its unlikely Burroughs will be as dominant by 2019-2020. Dake is just too small for 86 in my opinion. Even though he was runner up and came really close to winning the spot in 2016, I think hed rather come down. As far as I know this is uncharted territory with these new weigh in procedures so its tough to say what will happen.
Considering how close Dake was in 2016 at making the team at 86 and with his ideal weight being 79 in non-Olympic years, he might focus on putting on muscle and going 86 instead of dropping back down for another battle with Burroughs. Who knows?

Back