NCAA Wrestling

Franklin Gomez competing up at 74kgs in Ukraine. Interesting.
Minkle’s bird must have gotten pretty big for Franklin to cook him up and eat him and put on that kind of weight. Lol

Franklin Gomez competing up at 74kgs in Ukraine. Interesting.
Seems lots of guys are going up a class due to the new weigh in procedures and more weight classes. I noticed Molinaro is up at 70, The Ukrainian American guy (forget his name) is doing both 70 and 74, Dake up at 79, Cox at 92, etc. Lindland said many Greco guys are going up too.

Seems lots of guys are going up a class due to the new weigh in procedures and more weight classes. I noticed Molinaro is up at 70, The Ukrainian American guy (forget his name) is doing both 70 and 74, Dake up at 79, Cox at 92, etc. Lindland said many Greco guys are going up too.

Yeah it's just crazy to me because I remember him at 133.

I am surprised to see Aliev and Khinchegashvili at 65kg, if they were at Euros or Worlds, they will face huge opponents. 61kg is best for them.

I am surprised to see Aliev and Khinchegashvili at 65kg, if they were at Euros or Worlds, they will face huge opponents. 61kg is best for them.
A lot of people say Logan Stieber should stay at 61 too.

A lot of people say Logan Stieber should stay at 61 too.
I don't think Stieber beats top guys at 61, or 65. But I think he is closer to the size of most 61s. He is a fun wrestler though, he beat Ramonov a few years ago! Ramonov is one of my favorite.

I don't think Stieber beats top guys at 61, or 65. But I think he is closer to the size of most 61s. He is a fun wrestler though, he beat Ramonov a few years ago! Ramonov is one of my favorite.
Ooooo I don't know about that one man. He is quite inconsistent but when he is on he is amongst the very best. Not only did he beat Ramona but he has beaten Otarsultanov, Opan Sat, and when he won the world title in 2016 he was in a stacked weight class.

Ooooo I don't know about that one man. He is quite inconsistent but when he is on he is amongst the very best. Not only did he beat Ramona but he has beaten Otarsultanov, Opan Sat, and when he won the world title in 2016 he was in a stacked weight class.
Maybe you're right, I have just based this from his matches with Bekbulatov, Khinchegashvili, Rashidov etc, they made it look easy. But the Worlds in 2016 were a little different, the guys from 1st national teams were resting due to Olympic hangover until 2017. Opan Sat and Otarsultanov are both good wins though.

Anyone who’s coaching ever been so mad at a tournament That you actually calm down you’re so angry

Anyone who’s coaching ever been so mad at a tournament That you actually calm down you’re so angry
Been there. For me it was the middle schoolers that did it. The high schoolers I kind of accepted and the little kids just made me giggle constantly.

Been there. For me it was the middle schoolers that did it. The high schoolers I kind of accepted and the little kids just made me giggle constantly.
We had a massive underperformance at sectionals.. And the reasons why we’re completely controllable. But when the “head” coach takes a week off after conference because he’s happy with winning the inner city league. Lol. It’s hard to keep them motivated

Sorry just frustrated

Middle school I just expect them to be dumbasses lol

We had a massive underperformance at sectionals.. And the reasons why we’re completely controllable. But when the “head” coach takes a week off after conference because he’s happy with winning the inner city league. Lol. It’s hard to keep them motivated

Sorry just frustrated
<JagsKiddingMe>
A week off right before the “post season”
<{hughesimpress}>
Unacceptable

Middle school I just expect them to be dumbasses lol
The high schoolers for the most part have their game and if they decide to “show up” and wrestle whatever is gonna happen will happen. The middle schoolers are the ones who don’t listen.

<JagsKiddingMe>
A week off right before the “post season”
<{hughesimpress}>
Unacceptable
He didn’t finish high school wrestling. Quit as a senior. Since he got me to come in as assistant I’ve run every practice, doubled the numbers on the team and gave us our first conference and tournament title in school history (small ass tournament but program building let’s the kids have something to brag about etc.)

And he publicly undercut me in fro t of the kids because he’s so insecure and would rather everyone know he’s “head coach” and practices went to shit. And he took a week off after conference like I said. Everything I had done to teach them how to practice got undercut and he let 3 kids get away with skipping over 5 practices and still let them wrestle. We have one kid getting out of sectionals when we should have had AT LEAST 5.. I’m so angry

Needless to say I’m not staying there after this year. I’ve maintained my professionalism but he can have his little conference title lol. I have higher standards

The high schoolers for the most part have their game and if they decide to “show up” and wrestle whatever is gonna happen will happen. The middle schoolers are the ones who don’t listen.
It’s their nature I honestly don’t know if they can help it lol

Back