NCAA Wrestling

Another interesting thing: Sadulaev is being forced into wrestle at 97kg, because he didn't complete the qualification for 92kg.

Another interesting thing: Sadulaev is being forced into wrestle at 97kg, because he didn't complete the qualification for 92kg.

Interesting. I wonder if him not completing the qualification was intentional as a way to force them to put him at 97 for another shot at Snyder? That makes things more exciting now!

Thanks. I've looked around but didn't see anything. My first boss always told me "trust but verify."
Ahaha, it isn't a problem. I don't have a lot of sources for wrestling news except Abdullah Khanafit and Ivan FS (both on twitter) and I presume that Tedeev's official instagram account is reliable, too :p

Yarygin draws out for day 1. Frankie looks like he has an easy one to the finals unless I missed someone.

Perelli, Ramos, and Molinaro all going for bronze. Ali Ragan going for gold. Clark went one and out.

Looks like I missed the 70kg 2016 world champ in Frank's bracket. Looks like he gave him a match though, 8-5. I read he hit a chest wrap for 4 then when he tried for it again, he failed and gave up 2 turns. Sounds like he kinda gave it away.

I wish the guys from the Indian Pro Leagues could compete, like Ramonov, Bekbulatov, Tsabolov, Khinchegashvili, Aliyev etc, but this tournament is too close to Yarygin and guys could get injured.

Maybe I'm being reactionary, but with 141 so wide open, Nick Lee could contend for a title.

Dake takes silver. He did not look great in the finals. Could not get in on any shot attempts, and was lacking his usual explosiveness. Seemed flat

Ok, I apologize, despite the source saying that Sadulaev would compete at 97kg, UWW have released brackets of him at 92kg. At least he will get gold now :p. But maybe later this year, or even in 2019. I want a rematch with Sadulaev and Snyder!

I also thought Khetag Tsabolov would miss the Ivan Yarygin due to injury (same with Bekbulatov), but Tsabolov has also got a spot on the brackets at 74kg.

Akhmed Gadzhimagomedov vs Kyle Dake from today. I was surprised at how Gadzhimagomedov shut Dake's offense.

Dayum. Now let's see him try this on Rashidov, Khinchegashvili or Aliyev :p. He is a good wrestler, but those top 3 are a level (or more) above the rest.

Agreed. Bonne is fun to watch but he can't do it to those guys.

Back