NCAA Wrestling

Didn’t know Ramos left Hawkeye wcw and moved to Sunkist. I guess this is what I get for only watching wrestling and not really following it.

He was pissed Tom talked Dan Dennis out of retirement and cornered Dennis against him at OTTs

This! They were also training in the same room together so Dennis became familiar with Ramos's style, and beat him through familiarity. I think Brands picked the wrong horse, I think Ramos would have had a better showing in the Olympics.

This! They were also training in the same room together so Dennis became familiar with Ramos's style, and beat him through familiarity. I think Brands picked the wrong horse, I think Ramos would have had a better showing in the Olympics.
They never trained together and Dennis had better international results in the little time he competed

They never trained together and Dennis had better international results in the little time he competed

Both were wrestling with the Hawkeye Wrestling Club, Ramos at 57 KG and Dennis at 61 KG. I don't know how they could not have trained with each other, due to gender equality after the 2012 Olympics they did away with the 61 kg and the 70 kg weight class, however in non Olympic years both weight classes are included in the World Championships. All of 2015 Dennis was training with the Hawkeye Wrestling club at 61 KG.

Neither have done well internationally, but Dennis was Tech'd in 89 seconds by Dubov (11-0), I don't think Ramos would have done any worse.

Both were wrestling with the Hawkeye Wrestling Club, Ramos at 57 KG and Dennis at 61 KG. I don't know how they could not have trained with each other, due to gender equality after the 2012 Olympics they did away with the 61 kg and the 70 kg weight class, however in non Olympic years both weight classes are included in the World Championships. All of 2015 Dennis was training with the Hawkeye Wrestling club at 61 KG.

Neither have done well internationally, but Dennis was Tech'd in 89 seconds by Dubov (11-0), I don't think Ramos would have done any worse.
I know for a fact they barely trained together.. after the first month he was there.. it’s one of the reasons Dennis was training with Spencer Lee a high school kid before Rio, along with the fact they were college teammates, and even if they were training together.. Ramos had just as much chance to scout him.. AND got a caution and one that was controversial to say the least to even make the finals against Dennis..

I’m aware of the weight changes. I’m not talking about The Olympics. I’m talking about the year before leading up to the games, Dennis had very good international wins, came extremely close to medaling at Yeringin, and medaled at legit international tournaments and actually scored on and turned people like Khingkishvilli (I know I spelled it wrong, the Olympic Champ).

Ramos at best kept it close or got bombed against international competition, he did well against the domestic competition and got a lot of.. “questionable” calls in at the US opens and trials. Ramos had Terry in his corner and had just as much chance as Dennis,

and Ramos then lost to a kid right out of College this year against a kid in Gilman he used to big brother..

Ramos threw a tantrum because he was upset he lost. He got complacent and entitled and wanted to leave anyway

Both guys were a longshot to medal. Coleman Scott was the best bet imo.

Ramos did come off as a baby. Also now I'm wondering if Gilman was starting to beat him n the room and that's also one of the reasons he left. Either way I was never really a fan of the kid. He was very boring in Freestyle.

Gilman can be an ass in interviews but he is fun to watch imo.

Can we just take a minute to marvel at the depth at 165? If any of these guys goes down to 157, they are high AAs. Most of them would be top 8 @ 174 too imo. For as much as 141's depth gets talked about, I think 165 is the tougher weight this year.

Cenzo
IMar
Massa
McFadden
Marstellar
Campbell
Wick
Walsh
Rogers
White
Marinelli
Lewis
Valencia
Wanzek

Meredith over heil 2-1 in OT. Heil was completely gassed.

Yanni as champ is looking better everyday.

Kaid and Rodgers also lost. Im wondering if the elevation did them in.

How does 141 get ranked now?

141 doesn't change. How many times has Heil beaten Meredith in the past? 4? Only an idiot would change it because of one match...which means it will change.

EDIT: I wouldn't object to Yianni going up to 1 and Heil 2 but no way should Meredith be ranked above Heil.

Last edited:
Don't go upper body with a Greco guy!

GDlbckg

The best part is as soon as the Buffalo kid clinches his hands you can hear one of his coaches yell "He's good here!".

Bigmik on themat is hilarious. Especially because I can see why he thinks certain things even if I disagree, but watching BigTenFans meltdown over it is amazing

Bigmik on themat is hilarious. Especially because I can see why he thinks certain things even if I disagree, but watching BigTenFans meltdown over it is amazing

I highly doubt BigTenFan actually wrestled.

Link?

Back