NCAA Wrestling

WTF Happened to Anthony Valencia, a couple years ago he teched Imar 2 times in a row in Freestyle and had a really close match with Howe at Senior trials. Now he looses to everyone, does he just not want it anymore?

WTF Happened to Anthony Valencia, a couple years ago he teched Imar 2 times in a row in Freestyle and had a really close match with Howe at Senior trials. Now he looses to everyone, does he just not want it anymore?

1. He's much better at free than folk
2. When things aren't going his way, he folds
3. Based on how he's acted in the past, it's pretty clear he's not mentally mature enough to compete at a high level
4. I think he's likely cutting too much weight as well but that's more opinion than fact based

I think at this point, he's going to be a perennial fringe-AA threat for his career unless he gets his head on straight.

1. He's much better at free than folk
2. When things aren't going his way, he folds
3. Based on how he's acted in the past, it's pretty clear he's not mentally mature enough to compete at a high level
4. I think he's likely cutting too much weight as well but that's more opinion than fact based

I think at this point, he's going to be a perennial fringe-AA threat for his career unless he gets his head on straight.
Grajales 2.0

I think Grajales was a man beating up boys in HS.

AV beat a post grad Caldwell while still in HS and was right there with Hall right before Hall won his first Jr world title.
He was a Brandon kid so it's a guarantee he was "redshirted"

*for every 10 high level southern prep kids.. sometimes one works out

Fucking truth right here but FL in particular. I have stories from my old HS coach who retired to FL for a rainy day. It's comical to say the least. But the entire south/southeast's best combined couldn't compete with NJ let alone PA or Ohio.

I think Grajales was a man beating up boys in HS.

AV beat a post grad Caldwell while still in HS and was right there with Hall right before Hall won his first Jr world title.

I won't lie, I thought Grajales was better than DT in HS lol. Boy was I wrong!!

The more I think about it, the more I think Ohio State takes home gold in March. Too many holes in Penn State's line up even assuming Zain and Nolf bonus their way through the tournament and Bo wins with plenty of bonus points. I don't think Cenzo will repeat and I think Hall has a less than 50% shot at repeating. They'll need at least some points from Keener and Cortez with AAs from Cutch (who I think is the better option than Cassar even if Cassar beats him h2h) and Nevills. Ohio State has a real shot at getting 10 AAs (outside shot but they have no weak spot) with 1 lock for a title, 2 favorites, and 2 others with decent shots. I think their balance will be too tough to overcome.

The more I think about it, the more I think Ohio State takes home gold in March. Too many holes in Penn State's line up even assuming Zain and Nolf bonus their way through the tournament and Bo wins with plenty of bonus points. I don't think Cenzo will repeat and I think Hall has a less than 50% shot at repeating. They'll need at least some points from Keener and Cortez with AAs from Cutch (who I think is the better option than Cassar even if Cassar beats him h2h) and Nevills. Ohio State has a real shot at getting 10 AAs (outside shot but they have no weak spot) with 1 lock for a title, 2 favorites, and 2 others with decent shots. I think their balance will be too tough to overcome.
Wow you’re really that pessimistic? I mean I want tOSU to win but I’m not confident in The lineup

Wow you’re really that pessimistic? I mean I want tOSU to win but I’m not confident in The lineup

Not pessimistic. Just realistic. I don't think it's pessimistic to think that Cenzo wrestled over his head last year and is unlikely to do the same. I don't think it's pessimistic to think Hall loses to Z or Bo considering he's done it before.

Here is my realistic predictions for Penn States line up.
125 - NQ
133 - R12
141 - R16
149 - 1st
157 - 1st
165 - 3rd
174 - 2nd
184 - 1st
197 - 6th (assuming Cutch goes...if Cassar goes, I have no idea)
HWT - 3rd or 4th

7 AAs and 3 champs is tough to beat especially when 6 are in the top 4. But I think OHST gets 3 champs as well and has more AAs. Penn State's bonus makes a big difference but that's mainly coming from 3 guys. Snyder will get plenty of techs along his way and Moore can score a ton too. OHST's balance just scares me.

Not pessimistic. Just realistic. I don't think it's pessimistic to think that Cenzo wrestled over his head last year and is unlikely to do the same. I don't think it's pessimistic to think Hall loses to Z or Bo considering he's done it before.

125 - NQ
133 - R12
141 - R16
149 - 1st
157 - 1st
165 - 3rd
174 - 2nd
184 - 1st
HWT - 3rd or 4th

7 AAs and 3 champs is tough to beat especially when 6 are in the top 4. But I think OHST gets 3 champs as well and has more AAs. Penn State's bonus makes a big difference but that's mainly coming from 3 guys. Snyder will get plenty of techs along his way and Moore can score a ton too. OHST's balance just scares me.

I think Cenzo just might be a bad matchup for Imart. I think Massa might be a tougher matchup for him but I agree he's' not lock for a repeat as both guys are still there.

When do Hall and Bo meet up?

125 - NQ
133 - R12
141 - R16
149 - 1st
157 - 1st
165 - 3rd
174 - 2nd
184 - 1st
HWT - 3rd or 4th

This is pretty fair. If PSU repeats that performance from last March, they should win. If anyone "under performs" I think the top to bottom strength of tOSU will be too much.

I thought this was going to be a down year for Cornell but that win over UNI has me pleasantly surprised. Lehigh may have to wait a little longer for an EIWA title.

Results from the Alans cup (Alania) finals (hosted in Vladikavkaz, Ossetia)
57kg:
Tuskaev - Uguev 7-4

61kg:
Musukaev - Abakarov 2*-2

65kg:
Chakaev - Mutalimov 6-0

70kg:
Kurbanaliev - Sidakov 7-5

74kg:
Zaseev vs Tsabolov 10-2

86kg:
Naiphonov - Valiev 1*-1

97kg:
Baitsev - Sharipov 1*-1

125kg:
Makhov - Hugaev 5-1

Shocks from the tournament: Khinchegashvili got pinned ( :( ), Tsabolov lost to Zaseev (another Ossetian, who will have a big future), Olympic Champ Ramonov forfeited due to illness/was unable to wrestle after his first match, Sadulaev didn't wrestle, Geduev didn't wrestle, Chamizo lost (crazy) and just another crazy Russian tournament.

Tuskaev - Uguev:

Chakaev - Mutalimov:

Kurbanaliev - Sidakov:

Waiting for Musukaev - Abakarov

Back