NCAA Wrestling

No one is denying our Greco team needs work.

And the best part about this is, quite frankly, almost no one in the US gives a shit about Greco. Outside of 1 or 2 exceptions, tt's where our C and D level wrestlers who can't make the FS team go to compete.

And the best part about this is, quite frankly, almost no one in the US gives a shit about Greco. Outside of 1 or 2 exceptions, tt's where our C and D level wrestlers who can't make the FS team go to compete.
I mean. I know lol. But I was making a point to the angry little Genoan. So on a another note can Cael talk to David about not whining about the trials at clinics to high schoolers and on twitter?

Fucking lol @ saying Burroughs & Snyder are boring wrestlers, that Snyder is fat and that Snyder had a 15-20kg weight advantage. Really WTF at thinking those two are boring and fabricating that weight.

My way too early look at 2018:

57 - Gilman
61 - Maple
65 - Steiber/Zain/JO/Frank
70 - Green
74 - Burroughs
79 - Dake
86 - Taylor
92 - Cox
97 - Snyder
HWT - Gwiz

That's a beastly line up.

57 - Gilman
61 - Maple
70 - Green
74 - Burroughs
79 - Dake
86 - Taylor
92 - Cox
97 - Snyder
HWT - Gwiz

I believe Hall and Zahid are seniors next year, what weights do you think they compete at?

I believe Hall and Zahid are seniors next year, what weights do you think they compete at?

Without day before weigh ins, I think 175 will be a lot better fit for Hall so 79kg. Not sure on Zahid. Probably 86kg. I don't think either will be a factor yet. Hall has a better shot as he's a better freestyler than Zahid but I don't see either being there yet. Hall needs another 2 years and Zahid needs a few more.

57 - Gilman
61 - Maple
70 - Green
74 - Burroughs
79 - Dake
86 - Taylor
92 - Cox
97 - Snyder
HWT - Gwiz

You don't think Steiber can make 61 anymore?

Not with same day weigh ins

I should expand on this. The new rules are day of weigh ins plus a 2 day tournament with a 2kg weight allowance for day 2. The existing rule was day before weigh ins and a one day tournament. This means people will have to make weight, wrestle, then weigh in again the next day with a 4.4lb allowance. Logan looked pretty drawn out so I think it's very likely that he jumps to 65kg.

You guys think Sadulaev stays at 97 out of pride or goes to 92?

You guys think Sadulaev stays at 97 out of pride or goes to 92?
92 and Russia puts a different monster at 97. Russia didn't get any gold this year so they will want to make sure that happens next year.

92 and Russia puts a different monster at 97. Russia didn't get any gold this year so they will want to make sure that happens next year.

Agreed. Probably the monster who almost beat him at the trials. That mofo was fucking enormous.

Without day before weigh ins, I think 175 will be a lot better fit for Hall so 79kg. Not sure on Zahid. Probably 86kg. I don't think either will be a factor yet. Hall has a better shot as he's a better freestyler than Zahid but I don't see either being there yet. Hall needs another 2 years and Zahid needs a few more.

I thought Hall was a couple of years away but him beating a Yargin placer at Jr's has me curious.

If Imart goes 70 I think he's in the convo along with Nolf

As much as I love Nolf, he's still too folkstyle-centric. He needs a good year of nothing but Freestyle before I think he'll seriously compete with Green. I think he'll eventually be better than Green but he needs time to develop.

57 - Gilman
61 - Maple
70 - Green
74 - Burroughs
79 - Dake
86 - Taylor
92 - Cox
97 - Snyder
HWT - Gwiz

Maple is far bigger than Stieber, he will struggle making 65kg. JO is too big for 65.

61 will be between Ramos, Clark, and Nashon. Maybe Brewer.

no wonder Italy can't develop its own home grown medalists, you can't even appreciate or understand good technique unless it looks flashy. Better start fundraising to get more expats.. :)

And I guarantee the Russian coaches aren't acting like they "won". Or that they aren't getting even more concerned about how our younger wrestlers are doing. No one is denying our Greco team needs work. But that's neither here nor there. You still acting like a little bitch because the US did well.

And yeah, Chamizo is awesome and fun to watch, Green has a lot of work to do. The CUBAN still doesnt do his serious training in Italy, he doesn't even spend a majority of his training time in Italy, and he's not coached by Italians. So yeah, your country has nothing of its own. Did you have any cadet or junior medalists? Lol

You are wrong! A small country like Italy where the national sport is soccer...has 6 Olympic gold medals in greco roman wrestling. Claudio Pollio won also a gold medal in freestyle.
USA, a big wrestling power with a lot of programs in high schools and colleges has only 2 Olympic gold medals in greco roman wrestling :

ITALY
1908 Enrico Porro
1932 Giovanni Gozzi
1948 Pietro Lombardi
1984 Vincenzo Maenza
1988 Vincenzo Maenza
2008 Andrea Minguzzi

You are wrong! A small country like Italy where the national sport is soccer...has 6 Olympic gold medals in greco roman wrestling. Claudio Pollio won also a gold medal in freestyle.
USA, a big wrestling power with a lot of programs in high schools and colleges has only 2 Olympic gold medals in greco roman wrestling :

ITALY
1908 Enrico Porro
1932 Giovanni Gozzi
1948 Pietro Lombardi
1984 Vincenzo Maenza
1988 Vincenzo Maenza
2008 Andrea Minguzzi
1. I was referring to this year. Which you knew because you spent so long desperately trying to make a reply.

2. In USA wrestling is behind 3 national sports of basketball, American football, and baseball. So that argument is dumb

3. Most of our high school programs are more like hobbyist programs and they don't train year round

4. The majority of our country could give two shits about Greco Roman and most of our team were backups to the backups in freestyle and folkstyle

5. You are pathetically funny. I can imagine your thought process.. "hmmm I can't think of anyone in the last two Olympic quads not originally from another country who medaled for Italy. In any of the 3 styles. Shit. Ok, can I go back a while and find freestyle results or women's results? Nope. Any junior or cadet results? Nope. Shit I'll have to go back a hundred years for the style the US doesn't really care about

So you made my point for me..

Maple is far bigger than Stieber, he will struggle making 65kg. JO is too big for 65.

61 will be between Ramos, Clark, and Nashon. Maybe Brewer.

From what I've heard, Maple doesn't cut too much. He's tall as hell for the weight but not very heavy. JO is a ? in general for me.

From what I've heard, Maple doesn't cut too much. He's tall as hell for the weight but not very heavy. JO is a ? in general for me.

Now see I'd heard the opposite. As a Purdue alum, I donate to the wrestling team and such so I get to hear some of the details of what's going on. They were telling me that he walks around at 160 and that he has a stomach issue (can't remember the name) that causes him problems. He should've just stayed at Purdue and said forget Nebraska!

JO...man what a talent but he just can't seem to put it all together. I know he's pretty undisciplined outside of training camp so he's up over 175 right now. I think we will see him leave wrestling and go fight in the coming months.

Back