NCAA Wrestling

So that dude he beat won the 2016 Yarygin at HW. Looked like he had 25 pounds on him.

If you're saying we just don't know then I completely agree with you, there are a lot of variables and we don't know if it drained him or if it warmed him up and sharpened his mental state before the best of 3. Just like we don't know if sitting all day and coming in cold made Jordan lethargic and slow or if it had a benefit for him.

Hence why we can't make definitive statements such as

If he had to wrestle Jordan 10 minutes after Ringer I would agree but there was a 5 hour break in between!! You are fully recovered from 2 matches, after a 5 hour rest with meals. Did you notice that Gilman and Zain just went in and got it done?

Hope someone can interview Dake soon... Would be really good to hear his thoughts on everything

The WTT + The Russian Nationals got me so amped for the Worlds... Trying to talk the Mrs into taking a trip to Paris in Aug <45>

The UWW better sort out this seeding fiasco... They can't rob the fans of a potential Snyder n Sadulaev final

They need to, at the very least, seed the top 4 guys. It would be a travesty to see Snyder and Sad end up battling in the 2nd round. Still think Sad beats him comfortably as he's just that good.

Yeah that finals match doesn't change my opinion on Sadulaev/Snyder. If anything, it shows that Snyder wearing down Sadulaev late is not going to happen. He wrestled a hard 6 minutes against Ivan Drago and his lungs were fine.

Isn't Sadulev moving up?

Yes. Hence why he'd run into Snyder.

okay thats what it hought, i remember Snyder tweeting about it. I've seen a bunch fo the OSU guys running down Kinnear Rd, but never Snyder. Seen Hump, Nato, Johnny Dijulius, many others, but never Snyder/

Still not 100% sure where everyone is wrestling, but man, 61 KG could be absolutely loaded at World's.

Khinchegashvili
Stieber
Rashidov
Aliev
Higuchi (believe he's rumored to be going up to 61)
The Iranian
Possibly Bonne

Hence why we can't make definitive statements such as

Hope someone can interview Dake soon... Would be really good to hear his thoughts on everything

Yes, I can change my statement to:

"I believe Dake would be recovered after 5 hours of rest and meals"

And Dake said it best after Nationals when he stated that he can't control anything but his actions, he has to be better (Paraphrasing).

They need to, at the very least, seed the top 4 guys. It would be a travesty to see Snyder and Sad end up battling in the 2nd round. Still think Sad beats him comfortably as he's just that good.

Yeah that finals match doesn't change my opinion on Sadulaev/Snyder. If anything, it shows that Snyder wearing down Sadulaev late is not going to happen. He wrestled a hard 6 minutes against Ivan Drago and his lungs were fine.

Have to agree... Even if we were to say Snyder is the best on the feet in the division (hypothetically speaking)... The gulf in Par Terre is ridiculous... I think Sadulaev just showed he can turn anyone at 97... Plus his takedown game and ability to score from re-attacks/scrambles... Leave him with so many ways to score

They did change the ranking system but you only get points for results in your division... With Sadulaev moving up... and by not competing in the Euros at 97... He gets no points whatsoever... Where as Snyder would get maximum points or Worlds/Olympics and Pan Am Gold

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/details-of-the-2017-world-championship-seeding-system

Seedings.png

An athlete only receives points within the weight class they participated at the Olympic Games, World Championship and the Continental Championship. Seeding is also linked directly to the athlete, not the national federation. If the National Wrestling Federation replaces the concerned athlete, they will lose this position and the conventional drawing-of-lots shall be administered.

Still not 100% sure where everyone is wrestling, but man, 61 KG could be absolutely loaded at World's.

Khinchegashvili
Stieber
Rashidov
Aliev
Higuchi (believe he's rumored to be going up to 61)
The Iranian
Possibly Bonne
I think Bonne is fun to watch, I just think it's crazy of the skill gap between Bonne and the rest. You saw this in his olympic matches with Rahimi and Higuchi, he had no chance against them as their technique is so much better, and they have a plan when their plan A doesn't work.. Bonne likes huge throws and 4 point techniques which backfired.

Holy backtrack voodoo

and wow Saduleav got saved

Just saw this, next time you should tag me. How was this a backtrack? I conceded that none of us know for sure but I'm still saying that I BELIEVE Dake was recuperated by the time he wrestled Jordan. Glycogen does not deplete in 12 minutes and the lactic acid build is flushed out in an hour.

Just saw this, next time you should tag me. How was this a backtrack? I conceded that none of us know for sure but I'm still saying that I BELIEVE Dake was recuperated by the time he wrestled Jordan. Glycogen does not deplete in 12 minutes and the lactic acid build is flushed out in an hour.
You went from from flat no and anyone saying it was factor regardless of the outcome was automatically making excuses for Dake.. to the point you're sarcastically calling me Kyle and ignoring what I actually wrote to "welll maaaybe it was a factor" among other things. Don't really care anymore

Been on vacation for the last week but I had to say it again...

@PolishHeadlock looks like Justin Mejia has decommitted from Illinois and possibly following Perry back to Iowa!! I really should do bets with you hahaha

Back