NCAA Wrestling

When we talk about fatigue we always reference muscles... We often forget about the system that controls our movements... The system in the body which governs how fast or strongly a muscle contracts... The Central Nervous System

You sleep for only 3 hours... You wake up in the morning feeling shattered... You reach for the thing that can make you feel energised... Coffee... Coffee being a Central Nervous System stimulant

Think about grip strength... If you were to do strenuous grip training before a deadlift session... Would you be able to lift as much as you would normally; without doing any grip work?... No! hence why most athletes do intense grip training after their main training... Or as a separate workout altogether

Our strength, speed, coordination reflexes etc all originates from our central nervous system... But then is transmitted though our musculature... If the CNS is fatigued; don't matter how well recovered the muscles are... A schedule likes that of the WTT would tax your whole body... Not just the muscles

We all have different bodies... That have various levels of physical capacities...For example Gilman and Zain are lighter athletes... As we all know lighter athletes generally tend to have better gas tanks; than their heavier contemporaries

So it would be foolish to say Dake should have not been affected by his previous matches, because GIlman and Zain managed to get the job done... And it would foolish to try and assume the level of fatigue the Dake was experiencing

Then think about what it would be like to wrestle Burroughs 3 times back to back... That alone would wipe out most folk lol
Very well put, be prepared to get called Kyle or accused of saying Burroughs wouldn't have won without the bye.. because.. logic I guess

When we talk about fatigue we always reference muscles... We often forget about the system that controls our movements... The system in the body which governs how fast or strongly a muscle contracts... The Central Nervous System

You sleep for only 3 hours... You wake up in the morning feeling shattered... You reach for the thing that can make you feel energised... Coffee... Coffee being a Central Nervous System stimulant

Think about grip strength... If you were to do strenuous grip training before a deadlift session... Would you be able to lift as much as you would normally; without doing any grip work?... No! hence why most athletes do intense grip training after their main training... Or as a separate workout altogether

Our strength, speed, coordination reflexes etc all originates from our central nervous system... But then is transmitted though our musculature... If the CNS is fatigued; don't matter how well recovered the muscles are... A schedule likes that of the WTT would tax your whole body... Not just the muscles

We all have different bodies... That have various levels of physical capacities...For example Gilman and Zain are lighter athletes... As we all know lighter athletes generally tend to have better gas tanks; than their heavier contemporaries

So it would be foolish to say Dake should have not been affected by his previous matches, because GIlman and Zain managed to get the job done... And it would foolish to try and assume the level of fatigue the Dake was experiencing

Then think about what it would be like to wrestle Burroughs 3 times back to back... That alone would wipe out most folk lol

Interesting, how taxed was his CNS from the matches he had earlier? Compared to his schedule last year when he was wrestling 86 with guys a legit 15 lbs heavier it didn't look too intense at all. In fact last year he got stronger as the tournament went on, took a monster like J'Den to the final seconds of the third match. If it was his CNS that was holding him back, why didn't he take a stimulant like coffee in the 5 hours break he had?

Hey dumbass, way to ignore the fact I clearly stated I don't like Dakes antics or attitude. Or the part where I said Burroughs had a good chance to win anyway, I'm glad the high school tournament you did good in was a different experience. Good on ya. Junior Siko added some relavant points as well. And the reffing favoring Burroughs doesn't help in the long run when he'll go from being at least partially protected in the US to the complete opposite.

The fact that your brain is not capable of understanding that I'm not a Dake fanboy doesn't prevent me from observing or understanding flaws in the system and/or advantages that system gives if you don't think they are flaws

And again, if you think the results would have been the same or that the system is fine as is.. that is fine, however ignoring the reality or biases of that system is stupid and a reflection of how shitty most of the coaching and approach is in a lot of the country

Hey Kyle, we could just scrap the trials and have the winner of Nationals go to worlds, oh wait... Jordan beat you there as well that doesn't work. Or maybe we could give the guy that cries the most the spot, you'd be a shoe in for gold then!

Interesting, how taxed was his CNS from the matches he had earlier? Compared to his schedule last year when he was wrestling 86 with guys a legit 15 lbs heavier it didn't look too intense at all. In fact last year he got stronger as the tournament went on, took a monster like J'Den to the final seconds of the third match. If it was his CNS that was holding him back, why didn't he take a stimulant like coffee in the 5 hours break he had?
Hey Jordan why does your Dake hating make you ignore the point everyone is making.. or the fact both Cox and Dake had to wrestle through the tournament, with neither having a bye, but hey ignore facts for your point

Hey Jordan why does your Dake hating make you ignore the point everyone is making.. or the fact both Cox and Dake had to wrestle through the tournament, with neither having a bye, but hey ignore facts for your point

Because that point is nullified but the results at Nationals when we both wrestled through the tournament, I still won.

Last edited:
Hey Kyle, we could just scrap the trials and have the winner of Nationals go to worlds, oh wait... Jordan beat you there as well that doesn't work. Or maybe we could give the guy that cries the most the spot, you'd be a shoe in for gold then!
I literally want to know how stating the flaws in the system or that fatigue was a factor whether irregardless of Burroughs would have won or not is me defending Dake. Or making making excuses for him. My main issue has been with you trying to say it wasn't a factor. You keep arguing with something everyone here who's actually trained at a high level knows
And you're literally a crybaby, Jordan won with and without the bye which shows that at least with these 2, the bye isn't a real advantage.
Like I said, you keep making up bullshit because you're incapable of basic reading comprehension

I should have realized Voodoo was simply dumb when I stated how much I dislike the shit Dake does and he then acted like I was Dake

I literally want to know how stating the flaws in the system or that fatigue was a factor whether irregardless of Burroughs would have won or not is me defending Dake. Or making making excuses for him. My main issue has been with you trying to say it wasn't a factor. You keep arguing with something everyone here who's actually trained at a high level knows

Like I said, you keep making up bullshit because you're incapable of basic reading comprehension

I am stating that it is much too simplistic to state that it is an advantage to sit out. Listen to the announcers in the Fix vs Micic match from a few years ago:

3:39-4:25

It would be foolish to try and ASSUME the level of fatigue that DAKE was EXPERINCING

Only DAKE himself can answer that

Your point actually reinforces the sentiment that I am trying to convey... There are so many variables... It is not black and white... If it were; many more people would have the formula

At 86 how much weight did Dake have to cut?.. Could cutting weight this time round have actually negatively impacted his cardio and capacity to recover?.. Who Knows???

Only DAKE himself can answer that... Not us Armchair Athletes

But one thing is clear... The bye system aims to present an advantage to the wrestler receiving the bye... I'm sure if you surveyed the participants of the WTT... Most would say it was an advantage to revive a bye... Physically and mentally

Look at the Holloway Aldo fight... Armchair Athletes were criticising Aldo's game plan, because he never threw his patented leg kicks... Andre Pederneiras comes out and says he had an leg injury... Now the
Armchair Athletes are saying, so typical... The Brazilians always make excuses

Last edited:
Very well put, be prepared to get called Kyle or accused of saying Burroughs wouldn't have won without the bye.. because.. logic I guess

Crazy... Remember how devastated Dake was after the loss at the Open?.. He knew the value of the bye... Its a consensus... Not just our opinions

It would be foolish to try and ASSUME the level of fatigue that DAKE was EXPERINCING

Only DAKE himself can answer that

Your point actually reinforces the sentiment that I am trying to convey... There are so many variables... It is not black and white... If it were; many more people would have the formula

At 86 how much weight did Dake have to cut?.. Could cutting weight this time round have actually negatively impacted his cardio and capacity to recover?.. Who Knows???

Only DAKE himself can answer that... Not us Armchair Athletes

But one thing is clear... The bye system aims to present an advantage to the wrestler receiving the bye... I'm sure if you surveyed the participants of the WTT... Most would say it was an advantage to revive a bye... Physically and mentally

Look at the Holloway Aldo fight... Armchair Athletes were criticising Aldo's game plan, because he never threw his patented leg kicks... Andre Pederneiras comes out and says he had an leg injury... Now the
Armchair Athletes are saying, so typical... The Brazilians always make excuses

If you're saying we just don't know then I completely agree with you, there are a lot of variables and we don't know if it drained him or if it warmed him up and sharpened his mental state before the best of 3. Just like we don't know if sitting all day and coming in cold made Jordan lethargic and slow or if it had a benefit for him.

The bye system is there to prevent a fluke with an all ready proven international threat, it's definitely not perfect and I'd be fine with them wrestling a week later. There have been enough examples in Jr. and Sr. of wrestlers winning the mini tournament and then winning the best of 3 that I believe we've sent our best rep.

Crazy... Remember how devastated Dake was after the loss at the Open?.. He knew the value of the bye... Its a consensus... Not just our opinions

Part of it also was him believing so much that he could beat Jordan when they both came in wrestling through a tournament only to realize that no, it really didn't matter, Jordan was actually just a bit better all those times.

Last edited:
Sadulaev murdering his way through 97. Dude is just unreal. God-tier strength.

Wow, sounds like he had a dogfight in the finals match

Jesus Christ this guy he wrestled was massive. Seems like Russia just grows these 97 KG hammers on trees.

Back