NCAA Wrestling

Our junior squad is absolutely loaded btw

I see 4 basically guaranteed medals for the junior team with several more possible. And this is without Lee manning 50 as the returning winner.

They really need to change the format. The guy sitting in the final just has too big of an edge. Dake was absolutely shot in that 3rd match.

Also props to Gilman. Can't believe he ran the gauntlet. Kid is tough as nails.

Probably should have won at the Open.

Obviously I'm a huge Taylor fan but I'm almost as big of a fan of Cox (insert beavisandbuttheadhehheh.gif here). Cox was given a little too much leeway after he got hurt and they were wrestling on an ice skating rink due to the copious amounts of sweat on the mat. The ref should have had it wiped down at least 2 more times than it was.

All this said, J'den gave an incredible performance and made great adjustments in the last 12 minutes.

Just stupid to have an uneven playing field imo
If Kyle Dake had sat out, he'd would be arguing that he deserves a bye.

He's the only guy who has complained about it because he hasn't beaten Burroughs in the series.

That was the greatest tournament I've ever watched. The boys came to scrap.

If Kyle Dake had sat out, he'd would be arguing that he deserves a bye.

He's the only guy who has complained about it because he hasn't beaten Burroughs in the series.
I don't care who it is. It just doesn't make sense to me that the tournament to determine the world team is played on an uneven playing field.

I don't care who it is. It just doesn't make sense to me that the tournament to determine the world team is played on an uneven playing field.

I agree with returning medalists getting a bye. Cox and Snyder earned it. But I don't agree with open winners getting the bye.

I agree with returning medalists getting a bye. Cox and Snyder earned it. But I don't agree with open winners getting the bye.
This. And it really should be the next day, but I'll take only medalists getting the bye at the very least

They really need to change the format. The guy sitting in the final just has too big of an edge. Dake was absolutely shot in that 3rd match.

Also props to Gilman. Can't believe he ran the gauntlet. Kid is tough as nails.

Shot in the third? Didn't he coast through 2 matches in the morning then had a 5 hour break. There is absolutely no way that fatigue had anything to do with his loss.

Shot in the third? Didn't he coast through 2 matches in the morning then had a 5 hour break. There is absolutely no way that fatigue had anything to do with his loss.
If you don't think Dake was gassed in that 3rd match you were watching a different match than me.

This. And it really should be the next day, but I'll take only medalists getting the bye at the very least
Right, I'm fine with the bye to the finals. But then have the finals the next day or week.

If you don't think Dake was gassed in that 3rd match you were watching a different match than me.

Unless he had food poisoning how in the hell could he be gassed? He's expended more energy doing warm up drills than he did in those 2 matches, he also had 5 hours to rest and refuel. How is that possible?

Unless he had food poisoning how in the hell could he be gassed? He's expended more energy doing warm up drills than he did in those 2 matches, he also had 5 hours to rest and refuel. How is that possible?

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Please explain then, glycogen stores are replaced quickly after carbohydrate intake. How is a 5 hour break not enough time to fully recover from 2 easy matches?

"Easy" matches with Isaiah Martinez and Alex Dieringer where he went 6 full minutes with both then proceeded to go 18 minutes with one of the best wrestlers on the planet. Why do you think Dake is one of the most vocal opponents of guys getting byes to the finals? Because if you aren't in the finals, it's draining to run the gauntlet then go against a fresh opponent. There is also this thing called lactic acid which causes muscle fatigue...

Back