NCAA Wrestling

At 165 he could have a breakout year no? A few big shots graduated no?

He beat a bunch of studs last year including Vincezo Joseph.

Imart graduated but it's still a deep class with Joseph going for his 3rd title.

Wick and Marstellar took 3rd and 4th last year and are back.

I expect Logan Massa to be back in contention (injuries hampered him last year).

You also got Joe Smith, Isiah White and Josh Shields

165 and 133 might be the 2 deepest weightclasses.

Marinelli took 6th last year and I can see people expecting him to improve this year but it's a very deep weight imo

Rumor is Teasdale is out at Penn State. Failed 2 drug tests and Cael kicked him off the team. Looking to transfer.

Aaron Pico posted on instagram with his old wrestling coach and Frank Cahmizo and it said “first day” with a wrestling emoji. Is he starting a return to the mats?

Aaron Pico posted on instagram with his old wrestling coach and Frank Cahmizo and it said “first day” with a wrestling emoji. Is he starting a return to the mats?

I highly doubt it given his success in MMA. He's making a lot more now than he'd be in wrestling

I assume Pico probably meant "fist day of camp" for his upcoming fight in January.

I believe that's been his position since the Rio trials, that he'd give Tokyo a shot. Maybe he's gearing up to do the Schultz or some other tourney as a test run.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it given his success in MMA. He's making a lot more now than he'd be in wrestling
I also think its unlikely but I think he may be doing it. I'm sure he's not thinking of money probably just thinking he's wanted Olympic gold his whole life. He's young enough to go for it.

He beat a bunch of studs last year including Vincezo Joseph.

Imart graduated but it's still a deep class with Joseph going for his 3rd title.

Wick and Marstellar took 3rd and 4th last year and are back.

I expect Logan Massa to be back in contention (injuries hampered him last year).

You also got Joe Smith, Isiah White and Josh Shields

165 and 133 might be the 2 deepest weightclasses.

Marinelli took 6th last year and I can see people expecting him to improve this year but it's a very deep weight imo

Chavez is also retunring as an AA at 165. Weight is loaded.

I really want to see at least one season of completely healthy Massa. He looked incredible during his red shirt season but hasnt been able to stay healthy since. All things even, I think he is the most talented guy at the weight.

I saw on the previews for AWL that Richie Lewis is holding off on an MMA career bc he wants to pursue a spot in the Tokyo games. I think this is kinda ill advised. I know he won a world championship at the U23 worlds last year but when was the last time a guy who didn't make All American took a world team spot? Especially in an Olympic year. Jamil Kelly in 2004? And in 2020 Lewis will be wrestling at 74 kilos along with Burroughs, Imar, maybe Dieringer, maybe Dake, maybe Valencia, maybe Green, probably Hall, etc. I think he should go to MMA and make some money. On the other hand, he is young, whats 2 years?

Lewis seems like that kind of individual who won't make many good decisions thoughout his lifetime. This is no different as he realistically has very little shot at getting by Dake, Dieringer, or Burroughs if he goes another cycle. You also have to figure by then, Nolf, Cenzo, IMar, and a few others will be gunning for that spot as well. He'd be lucky to place let alone make the team.

Lewis seems like that kind of individual who won't make many good decisions thoughout his lifetime. This is no different as he realistically has very little shot at getting by Dake, Dieringer, or Burroughs if he goes another cycle. You also have to figure by then, Nolf, Cenzo, IMar, and a few others will be gunning for that spot as well. He'd be lucky to place let alone make the team.
Him making a world team would be historic. He never won state, he never won a JUCO national title, and he never made DI All American. The only wrestlers I can think of who have done well internationally with similar credentials are Jamil Kelly and Richard Perry. Jamil had the benefit of wrestling in a 7 weight class Olympic year (there will only be 6 in 2020) and Richard Perry has not made a world team. I will be watching and interested bc of how long the odds are, but he has a huge task ahead of him.

Last edited:
I watched him wrestle IMAR live. It wasn’t competitive past first minute

Back