NCAA Wrestling

The U23 senior worlds began today, if anybody is interested - starting with greco

Fix vs. Gross and Fix vs. Lizak this weekend should be a great way get the ball rolling at 133. Also Gable vs. Derek White should be interesting too. Big tests for the top frosh.

1-1 but I think 0-2 is more likely than 2-0. He's still going to be a lot smaller than either guy and I'm not 100% sold on his freestyle skills translating to folk.

Will be a tough task for Fix. If the biggest question mark in his transition to folkstyle is his mat wrestling he will certainly be tested early.

I was a bit surprised to see Myles Martin on the world team roster at U23 worlds. I believe he has been wrestling folkstyle almost exclusively since he entered college. I know he won at least 1 freestyle national title in high school, can anyone shed some light on this? Does he have any significant recent freestyle experience? How do you predict he does at this tourney? I know he is a physical beast and probably pretty well suited to freestyle.

Also, I don't follow college as much as freestyle, what is the current word on Mason Manville? Dude has insane high Greco/freestyle credentials. Is he going to wrestle NCAA or sticking to Olympic styles like Pico did?

Any early predictions on who takes Hodge this year? Seems like it might be competitive.

Any early predictions on who takes Hodge this year? Seems like it might be competitive.

I don't really see anybody challenging Nickal, Lee or Nolf and they all rack up a ton of bonus.

Moore has been impressive at U23s so maybe he'll give Nickal more of a challenge than I thought

It looks like Valencia has separated himself from the field at 174 but it will be interesting to see if he takes it to Hall again.

I'm leaning Lee right now.

I don't really see anybody challenging Nickal, Lee or Nolf and they all rack up a ton of bonus.

Moore has been impressive at U23s so maybe he'll give Nickal more of a challenge than I thought

It looks like Valencia has separated himself from the field at 174 but it will be interesting to see if he takes it to Hall again.

I’m in the same boat. I’m leaning more Nickal than Lee, though. Nolf is a close third for me.

Is Yianni healthy? You think he has any shot?

I’m in the same boat. I’m leaning more Nickal than Lee, though. Nolf is a close third for me.

Is Yianni healthy? You think he has any shot?

I think he's the clear favorite to win 141 but McKenna and Eirman are game opponents. I don't think he'll bonus enough for the hodge competing with the other 3.

Zahid did win by a pretty big margin over Hall last year but I do think it was because he scored early and forced Hall out of his defensive shell. If Hall doesn't give up any early points he could still keep it close and pull off an upset. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Zahid did win by a pretty big margin over Hall last year but I do think it was because he scored early and forced Hall out of his defensive shell. If Hall doesn't give up any early points he could still keep it close and pull off an upset. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Zahid looked dominant but they had a close match at the All Star classic and I think Zahid had a close semifinal match.

He very well could have separated himself from Hall but I'll wait until the next match until I conclude he's definitely the better wrestler

No Fix/Gross. Gross dinged up.

this-is-no-1-bullshit.jpg

Went to tOSU against Cal Baptist on Friday night.

Talk about a beat down lol

Gable looked solid. Lizak is doing the Jaggers dance again

Back