NCAA Wrestling

Fake super duck to misdirection swing single?!?!

I cant even rememebr the last time I saw him wrestle folk. I dont recall him having a significant issue on bottom but I also dont recall him having a go to tilt from top. He will be better than pretty much anyone at 133 from neutral though.

I'd like to see him at 133. Its better for OK State and its better for us. Gross, Suriano, Fix, Micic, Wilson, deSanto, Lizak, Pletcher and Arujua all at one weight? Im in.
I'm pulling for Arujau. Not only is he a Long Island guy but his dad is a multi world champ and Olympic medalist from USSR. I just find that cool.

Is Fix going 125 or 133? I think he takes 133 if he goes there.
One thing that stood out to me about Fix size is how much smaller he was than Gilman. Granted that was at weigh ins but I'm sure Gilman rehydrated just as much if not more.

Some new wrestling league. Just learned about it this week when Taylor tweeted about it.
These leagues never seem to last. Remember Agon, GWC where Tervel wrestled Gatsalov for a belt and some cash, Flo Premiere, etc.

He wrestled internationally for either Serbia or Croatia too I believe. In sure the experience was solid.

Didn't know that. But i feel a bit dirty rooting for Wolverines. Yuck

He took third I believe at the European championships this year and was supposed to wrestle at worlds but pulled out due to injury. Not sure of the injury or of the severity of it as it might have been more precautionary with the long college season upcoming.

Don’t feel dirty likebot. I live in Michigan and can’t stand the wolverines but I will root for their wrestling program though. Been a fan of theirs since I would see the Steiners came to the ring in their letterman jackets. Lol

He took third I believe at the European championships this year and was supposed to wrestle at worlds but pulled out due to injury. Not sure of the injury or of the severity of it as it might have been more precautionary with the long college season upcoming.
Hes back at it. In the last few months he has medaled at the Mediterranean Games taking 3rd behind Dave Habat (another American wresting for a foreign country), and a really good Turk. And then he just won the Waclaw Ziolkowski Memorial in Poland. He could be looking at a very good season coming up.

Word on themat is ole Cleetus Tucker passed away.

He was the funniest dude on that site imo

Glad to see I'm not the only fan of Micic here! For someone of his skill level he sure seems to fly under the radar a lot. He's slick and has been one of my favs since I saw him wrestle at UWW Cadets. Takes a very "Russian" approach to wrestling. I also think it's cool that he competes for Serbia. Would I love it if he wore the American singlet? Absolutely, but this just means more Americans getting opportunities to wrestle at a high level.

Also, can we talk about the depth we have at the 74-79kg range. Burroughs, Dake, Dieringer, Valencia, Hall will be in the mix soon...Very nice!

Glad to see I'm not the only fan of Micic here! For someone of his skill level he sure seems to fly under the radar a lot. He's slick and has been one of my favs since I saw him wrestle at UWW Cadets. Takes a very "Russian" approach to wrestling. I also think it's cool that he competes for Serbia. Would I love it if he wore the American singlet? Absolutely, but this just means more Americans getting opportunities to wrestle at a high level.

Also, can we talk about the depth we have at the 74-79kg range. Burroughs, Dake, Dieringer, Valencia, Hall will be in the mix soon...Very nice!

One thing I've thought about with the Micic Serbia thing is how good Serbia has become in greco. Even though most of the USA guys who rep other countries still do most of their training in the States, I wonder if his greco (upper body TDs & par terre) game will elevate significantly and benefit his freestyle.

Don't forget John Reader. Dropped from 86 and won the Schultz before getting injured. I expect him to make some noise. Also I doubt Howe is done wrestling and he's always been stellar. And finally, and this is a bit out of left field, Anthony Valencia. He's struggled as of late but he has some serious freestyle chops and the benefit of being with his brother and Zeke Jones. It wouldn't surprise me if he showed up at a big tourney eventually.

Absolutely. I would love to see Howe back. He again is one of those guys that was stuck behind Burroughs and people like Dake and Taylor, who anyone with a brain knew could compete but because of Burroughs domination, just get the chance to show it. Hell, Howe was pretty much the most accomplished after Burroughs when you consider he took silver at the Yarygin. Good call on Reader too. Man we have so many great guys coming up it's exciting!

Also,on an unrelated note, our friends in Maryland should look out for Aaron Brooks. He's graduated from high school and much like Snyder is taking a similar route by opting to train at the OTC instead of diving straight onto college. He's a beast! Is a world gold medalist on the Junior/Cadet level and that was after coming in on short notice because he had lost trials to Travis Wittlake (another stud). Maryland is producing extremely high quality wrestlers. There is also Kurt McHenry who represents my state of VA but his wrestling career has been based out of Maryland and he is a 2-time Junior gold medalist as well. So many young guns that are ready to fire on all cylinders!

Absolutely. I would love to see Howe back. He again is one of those guys that was stuck behind Burroughs and people like Dake and Taylor, who anyone with a brain knew could compete but because of Burroughs domination, just get the chance to show it. Hell, Howe was pretty much the most accomplished after Burroughs when you consider he took silver at the Yarygin. Good call on Reader too. Man we have so many great guys coming up it's exciting!

Also,on an unrelated note, our friends in Maryland should look out for Aaron Brooks. He's graduated from high school and much like Snyder is taking a similar route by opting to train at the OTC instead of diving straight onto college. He's a beast! Is a world gold medalist on the Junior/Cadet level and that was after coming in on short notice because he had lost trials to Travis Wittlake (another stud). Maryland is producing extremely high quality wrestlers. There is also Kurt McHenry who represents my state of VA but his wrestling career has been based out of Maryland and he is a 2-time Junior gold medalist as well. So many young guns that are ready to fire on all cylinders!
I had no idea Howe took 2nd at the Yarygin. That's extremely impressive. He also has a junior world bronze. We shouldn't forget about the new kid that just won junior worlds at 74 coming out of nowhere with almost no freestyle experience. He redshirted last year at Virginia Tech and as a friggin redshirt still managed to go 28-2! That is insane! He is another of these New Jersey State champs.

As for Maryland wrestlers, maybe Kyle Snyder's brother will make a big leap this year for Ohio State. He has wrestled well but is not lighting the world on fire.

Micic caught my eye early into last season. Michigan should have a great season. The conference is gonna be fun this year. Im super pumped

Back