NCAA Wrestling

Dake and Taylor must be beside themselves. All those years battling it out with Burroughs and each other and now they both get gold. Unreal!

So much this. The only reason they don’t have more medals to their names at this point is because they were in divisions with absolute studs from the US.
Both also needed to adapt their game to freestyle more than most. Every year they became better and better.
Absolutely. There is also the fact that they entered the senior circuit at a time when there were 7-8 weight classes and an Olympic year with only 6 weight classes. So many of the greats came up in a 10 weight class era. Even for the Olympics.

All 10 guys on this American team have won world medals now.

5.5 of them have won gold.

Hope I’m wrong, but final prediction is Sadulaev 9-3 over Snyder. Regardless, and although we didn’t win team, our guys killed it overall.

Sadulaev had another year to adjust and scout Snyder who is a little more bread and butter than Sad. I think Sad edges it but I also picked him last year as well...

Hell of a battle between USA and Russia. Should be this way for the foreseeable future.

On the bright side for USA Wrestling, this year was the biggest medal haul in 31 years.

Sadulaev beast
One of the best ever
So happy for him and Russian team in general,glad for Dake too,lost many years while trying to beat Jordan

Really can't wait to see Spencer Lee mix it up with the Seniors.

Also excited to see JO and Zain battle it out for 65kg next year.

Just caught that 65 final. I can’t believe that Japanese kid is only 19! And the pace from Bajrang was unreal. Japan was just too slick and skilled.

Surprised to see not a single Japanese woman advancing to the finals on day 2... day 3 will be strong though, 2017 champs, Susaki and Okuno.

57kg will be fun, too. Not sure how this Sakagami is, but assuming she wins her first two matches, she will face Olympic and World champ Maroulis in the quarter-final. Maroulis has such a nice style.

I also look forward to Greco. Namely the Russian and Armenian team. Hopefully Arutyunyan can capture another world title. Hopefully Akzhol Makhmudov can get a medal, too.

Back