NCAA Wrestling

Petriashvili vs Basmanj of Iran in the semi-final.

He's been doing that for the last like 4 years. He just takes his sweet time and then scores when he needs to. He's clutch as hell.

And holy shit, Colon. Did NOT see him doing well and he's in the semis. Happy to eat my words.
And Burroughs paid for that! Sidakov vs Burroughs 5*-5!

He's been doing that for the last like 4 years. He just takes his sweet time and then scores when he needs to. He's clutch as hell.

And holy shit, Colon. Did NOT see him doing well and he's in the semis. Happy to eat my words.
6-5* due to Zidakov's challenge

Fuck man, JB is infuriating. He can score whenever the fuck he feels like it but never seems to want to unless its at the end of the match

Fuck man, JB is infuriating. He can score whenever the fuck he feels like it but never seems to want to unless its at the end of the match
True, he is very fun to watch, but must make team USA very nervous in the last 30 seconds lol

We get Sidakov vs Chamizo 2 in the semi-finals. Sidakov beat Chamizo ..6-5?? At the Alan's tournament last year in Vladikavkaz. Win or lose, should at least be a bronze for Sidakov.

And Burroughs paid for that! Sidakov vs Burroughs 5*-5!

Didn't see this before I posted above. Correct. And on top of it all, he basically did do it again, then fell asleep at the wheel when you know the guy is coming at you off a restart with like 8 seconds left. What the hell, man?!

For someone with such an incredible match IQ and who is so clutch all the damn time, this was a really bad loss for him. He just stopped wrestling.

Didn't see this before I posted above. Correct. And on top of it all, he basically did do it again, then fell asleep at the wheel when you know the guy is coming at you off a restart with like 8 seconds left. What the hell, man?!

For someone with such an incredible match IQ and who is so clutch all the damn time, this was a really bad loss for him. He just stopped wrestling.
Your point is taken, but the dudes on the mat acting like they are all 30 year vet coaches or freestyle wizards and critiquing shit like the US wins worlds every year is getting old.

Taylor looks good though. I always thought the US would get 2nd or 3rd

@PolishHeadlock whete you at

Your point is taken, but the dudes on the mat acting like they are all 30 year vet coaches or freestyle wizards and critiquing shit like the US wins worlds every year is getting old.

Taylor looks good though. I always thought the US would get 2nd or 3rd

@PolishHeadlock whete you at

I worked like 100 hours this, got promoted, thought I was getting fired and drank a bottle of bourbon last night.

I woke up to a text that JB lost

I'm playing catch up

There is nothing to critique. He looked great physically. Shots were quick and clean, his defense was solid, he moved well, etc. It was all between his ears imo.

Nice, Sidakov has a great shot for gold at his first worlds! Hyped for him

Bonne vs Rashidov should be crazy, but I expect Rashidov to steamroll him, like Aliyev did last year. It shouldn't be close.

Geno will get his second World gold

Kurugliev vs Taylor was closer than expected. Kurugliev almost had him, had he not have shot a poor shot in the last 10 seconds. Taylor has been a lot of fun to watch today. I am a new fan

There is nothing to critique. He looked great physically. Shots were quick and clean, his defense was solid, he moved well, etc. It was all between his ears imo.
He is back in repechage, against Chamizo? Providing he wins (which I assume he will) his repechage match.

At least we can get Chamizo vs Burroughs 3. It is the only way to get it with Sidakov winning. But, damn. Sidakov beat Burroughs and Chamizo again! And he has an opponent, Avtandil Khentchadze whom he tech-falled at the U23 senior European Championships this year. What an amazing run.

But I realized that Kurugliev will face the repechage winner.. which will 99% be Yazdani... damn

I liked Colons chances coming in unknown to the world.

He's s weird guy to wrestle unscouted

Not sure who wins 92. Tcakulov will win A medal, him vs Cox would be good.

Gilman won his opening match at 57, he has a tough weight class though.

Gwiazdowski and Burroughs will both wrestle for bronze - both won their repechage matches.

Ethan Ramos lost his 1/16 match to Azerbaijan's Jabrailov

Back