NCAA Wrestling

Lmao tossed him like a child
This is the sort of awesome stuff you often see with talented but inexperienced freestylers who kinda come out of nowhere. It reminds me a bit of watching Jordan Burroughs wrestle in the 2011 worlds. They make up for any lack of freestyle experience and familiarity with athletic brilliance. Love this.

Overhook cartwheel. Have them do cartwheels from their knees, during warmups. It works

If he wanted to what do you think Aaron Pico's chances of making the Olympic team in 2020 are? Has he been training much freestyle lately or is it just all mma related wrestling? Apparently he at least does conditioning workouts with David Taylor at the Treigning Lab. If he wanted to make an olympic run when would he have to put MMA on hold and dedicate his training to wrestling? Next year? Try to make 2019 worlds?

If he wanted to what do you think Aaron Pico's chances of making the Olympic team in 2020 are? Has he been training much freestyle lately or is it just all mma related wrestling? Apparently he at least does conditioning workouts with David Taylor at the Treigning Lab. If he wanted to make an olympic run when would he have to put MMA on hold and dedicate his training to wrestling? Next year? Try to make 2019 worlds?
I believe his most recent position is that he plans on making a run at 2020. I believe his former coach, Valentin Kalika, also recently tweeted something to the effect of #Pico2020 or something like that, but who knows why he did that. I would guess that Pico is done wrestling. After his tough debut, he has made is pretty clear that he is an incredible fighter. He is going to make a lot of money and will most likely be fighting for the Bellator belt before 2020. Having said that, IF he is going to go for a spot on the team for Tokyo he will almost certainly focus on wrestling for at least all of 2020.

Are there any good previews or write ups on the World Championships next weekend?

Also, this is pretty awesome:

Sadulaev and his coaches look pissed at the end.

Holy shit the coach at the end lmao. Love it!

Can't wait for the worlds. Hopefully we will have better success in Greco. I don't think we got a silver last year.

I think Sadulaev beats Snyder this time. But cannot wait to watch regardless of the result. I am interested to see how long Burroughs can keep going for.

Can't wait for the worlds. Hopefully we will have better success in Greco. I don't think we got a silver last year.

I think Sadulaev beats Snyder this time. But cannot wait to watch regardless of the result. I am interested to see how long Burroughs can keep going for.
Strangely, Russia got a silver and 2 bronzes last year while winning the team title in Greco.
Turkey won 2 golds and 2 bronze
Iran scored 3 bronze and tied for 2nd
Georgia 2 bronze
Armenia 2 golds to round out the top 5
Maybe we should review the scoring criteria.

Strangely, Russia got a silver and 2 bronzes last year while winning the team title in Greco.
Turkey won 2 golds and 2 bronze
Iran scored 3 bronze and tied for 2nd
Georgia 2 bronze
Armenia 2 golds to round out the top 5
Maybe we should review the scoring criteria.
I agree, that seems quite odd.. a country with no golds scores higher than a country with 2. Quality > quantity.

Lol. Look at the 86kg bracket. And 125. I thinj Gwiazdowski got a lucky draw, he will either face Geno or Akgul in the final (assuming he doesn't lose).

Hassan Yazdani will be David Taylor's first match...

Back