NCAA Wrestling

No way is either Steiber or Dake locks. Steiber frequently loses or barely wins against guys he has no business struggling against. Dake barely beat Ringer his last 2 meetings and IMO has looked good because of favorable match ups. A lot of people on the wrestling forums are picking Zahid to beat Dake.

If you listen to Z's interview after WTT he alluded that he'll be taking a lot of shots against Dake. No one except for Burroughs has been able to consistently crack Dake's defense, he could find himself chest wrapped or crotch lifted in a hurry if he isn't careful. Really interesting match up though.

If you listen to Z's interview after WTT he alluded that he'll be taking a lot of shots against Dake. No one except for Burroughs has been able to consistently crack Dake's defense, he could find himself chest wrapped or crotch lifted in a hurry if he isn't careful. Really interesting match up though.
Gadzhimagomedov was able to score on Dake pretty easily and scored 8 points - he also avoided any chest lock stuff iirc. Good match from Ivan Yarygin this year.

Gadzhimagomedov was able to score on Dake pretty easily and scored 8 points - he also avoided any chest lock stuff iirc. Good match from Ivan Yarygin this year.

Yes, very nice high-c and single leg from Gadzhi on the 1st and 3rd takedowns. The second takedown looked like a failed head pinch and last takedown was Dake jumping in the air looking for a last ditch scramble. I can't wait to see them wrestle again, Gadzhi is a great wrestler.

Yes, very nice high-c and single leg from Gadzhi on the 1st and 3rd takedowns. The second takedown looked like a failed head pinch and last takedown was Dake jumping in the air looking for a last ditch scramble. I can't wait to see them wrestle again, Gadzhi is a great wrestler.
I think Geduev would have beaten Dake up imo, probably would have beat Gadzhimagomedov, too. Geduev is a beast at 79, but he will be resting for the Russian nationals.

No way is either Steiber or Dake locks. Steiber frequently loses or barely wins against guys he has no business struggling against. Dake barely beat Ringer his last 2 meetings and IMO has looked good because of favorable match ups. A lot of people on the wrestling forums are picking Zahid to beat Dake.

Do you really think Joey fucking McKenna is going to beat Steiber? And while Zahid is looking very good right now, Dake's resume speaks for itself. Who has he lost to domestically? Burrough and Cox...that's it.

I think Geduev would have beaten Dake up imo, probably would have beat Gadzhimagomedov, too. Geduev is a beast at 79, but he will be resting for the Russian nationals.

I haven't heard much about Aniuar since the Olympics, what has happened to him?

Do you really think Joey fucking McKenna is going to beat Steiber? And while Zahid is looking very good right now, Dake's resume speaks for itself. Who has he lost to domestically? Burrough and Cox...that's it.

Mckenna can beat Steiber. Steiber lost to Eierman at U.S open, got smoked by some japanese guy at the World Cup, and needed criteria to defeat Evan Henderson at WTT.

Here are some of the matches from Beat the Streets:

Well, here we go! Sadulaev will wrestle at 97kg at the Russian nationals. I actually think Baitsaev can beat him. But please, Sadulaev.. stay at 92! These guys cut down from 100kg+ and he struggles to put on weight for 97. Different body masses. I think he beats Snyder this time, though.

I think Boltukaev is in this bracket, too. Will be a stacked bracket. I think Baitsaev is the (second) best at 97kg after Snyder though, he definitely can beat Sadulaev.
As you know, I do like baitsaev a lot and think he will eventually catch Sadulaev. Its interesting though that just a few months ago Snyder absolutely mopped the floor with him.

Nice, I always thought arm rolls were nearly useless.

Nachyn Kuular won the U23 European Championships at 65kg (he is usually at 66).

Here is a short clip from Kyle Crutchmer's MMA debut last night:

I don't suppose anybody knows how to get the full fight?

Anyone catch the Final X matches? I managed to find the Gilman vs Fix matches on YouTube but couldn't find any others. I wanted to see if Gadson's double was as late as people say.

Anyone catch the Final X matches? I managed to find the Gilman vs Fix matches on YouTube but couldn't find any others. I wanted to see if Gadson's double was as late as people say.
I haven’t seen in it but from what was said on themat forums, a lot of people initially freaked out but then as time went on, they realized it was fine. I think it was more fear that Snyder could get hurt and there goes a potential gold medal than people thinking it was dirty or anything like that.

Back