NCAA Wrestling

Will we ever see another Snyder? What a historic career.
He was just so friggin close to being a 4 timer. Seeing what's happened before and since the Gadson loss makes that match look like such a fluke.

Man! Snyder is such a beast. Does anyone remember off hand if any of the HW greats of the last 30 years were 4x finalists? Mocco, Konrad, Rowlands, Nelson, etc. I know Gwizz was a 3x finalist.

Believe Mocco was. Don't think Rowlands was. Nelson wasn't. Gwiz took 8th his freshman year at Binghamton. Not sure on Kole.

Man! Snyder is such a beast. Does anyone remember off hand if any of the HW greats of the last 30 years were 4x finalists? Mocco, Konrad, Rowlands, Nelson, etc. I know Gwizz was a 3x finalist.
Mocco was a 4 time finalist. Rowland’s was a 3x finalist but defaulted in the semis one year due to injury(2,1,6,1 I believe), Konrad(4,2,1,1) and Nelson(7,1,1,2) were also 3x finalists. Gwiz places 7th as a true frosh at Binghamton before transferring to nc state and redshirting. He could have maybe been a 4x finalist had he redshirted as a true frosh.

He was just so friggin close to being a 4 timer. Seeing what's happened before and since the Gadson loss makes that match look like such a fluke.
Gadson beat Snyder twice that year, so definitely not a fluke.

Results of the first ever sherdog grappling forum NCAA fantasy wresting thing is:

Riddleofsteel with 121.5 points!
Te Huna Mata 119.5
Bluntforce420 116.5
Jack36767 112
tec87 109
and I come in last of my own league with 105
Knew I shoulda gone with Wick as my 10 lol

Zahid mentions at around 5:08 that he may go up depending on what happens in the summer. Collision course with Bo next year!!

Mocco was a 4 time finalist. Rowland’s was a 3x finalist but defaulted in the semis one year due to injury(2,1,6,1 I believe), Konrad(4,2,1,1) and Nelson(7,1,1,2) were also 3x finalists. Gwiz places 7th as a true frosh at Binghamton before transferring to nc state and redshirting. He could have maybe been a 4x finalist had he redshirted as a true frosh.

Gadson beat Snyder twice that year, so definitely not a fluke.
No shit? I did not know that. Maybe the weight cut was too much. Snyder teched Gadson last year in FS did he not? Kinda crazy now that I think of it, is there anyone else in the world with 2 wins over Snyder?

He’s good, but saying that he’s going to win an Olympic and World gold before he graduates is naive and you know it. You’re caught up in the hype of the night.
I think it's fair to speculate given what he's shown so far.

He’s good, but saying that he’s going to win an Olympic and World gold before he graduates is naive and you know it. You’re caught up in the hype of the night.

Gilman took Silver this summer after losing to Cruz at NCAAs and NaTo was right their with him at WTTs

If you don't think Lee is a threat to win World's this summer it's because you haven't been paying attention

Noooo, I like Martinez. It was sad to see him get pinned from an inside trip last year... sick inside trip though. One of my favorite techniques.

Can somebody reply with all of the final results? I want to search for them on youtube.

No shit? I did not know that. Maybe the weight cut was too much. Snyder teched Gadson last year in FS did he not? Kinda crazy now that I think of it, is there anyone else in the world with 2 wins over Snyder?
Tom Ryan is on record stating that the 220 lb Kyle Snyder after night before weigh ins is a completely different human than 197 after 1-2 hour weigh ins. When asked about it

That pin by Nickal
upload_2018-3-18_15-50-0.jpeg
Valencia and Joseph looked great out there, they both shut Martinez and Hall down. Snyder had a tough match but managed to get a big win. I wonder if Martinez will try out for freestyle now. Also, is Snyder the collegiate wrestling goat?

That pin by Nickal
View attachment 356735
Valencia and Joseph looked great out there, they both shut Martinez and Hall down. Snyder had a tough match but managed to get a big win. I wonder if Martinez will try out for freestyle now. Also, is Snyder the collegiate wrestling goat?

I expect to see Martinez at the US Open and World Team Trials.

Some people will argue Cael as the collegiate GOAT because they argue that freestyle results shouldn't have weight in the discussion but I'm taking Snyder and give significant weight to his international results.

That pin by Nickal
View attachment 356735
Martinez was 5th at 74kg at U-23 worlds last year. No Snyder isn’t the collegiate goat. He is only goat if you factor in his non-college results. Other wise he is one of the best 3x champs but Cael and his perfect record is far above Snyder. Plus Snyder takes a hit college wise because he wrestled an extremely limited NCAA schedule because he was doing a lot of freestyle.

Back