NCAA Wrestling

Lol yeah that was a terrible stat. My high school was a brand new program when I was in middle school and both our coaches wrestled D1 and frequently brought in current D1 wrestlers to help us out. I'm positive yours was better.

Dude the Philly area isn't even a hotbed like Lehigh Valley or the Pittsburgh suburbs.

We had an NCAA finalist (Lindley Kistler) as a volunteer assistant, Council Rock's head coach was an NCAA champ (CD Mock) and Conestoga had multiple time world champ Valntine Jordanov as an assistant

And their were tons of great coaches without those credentials.

Pa doesn't really have schools like St. Eds or Blair. The wealth is spread all throughout the state.

Dude the Philly area isn't even a hotbed like Lehigh Valley or the Pittsburgh suburbs.

We had an NCAA finalist (Lindley Kistler) as a volunteer assistant, Council Rock's head coach was an NCAA champ (CD Mock) and Conestoga had multiple time world champ Valntine Jordanov as an assistant

Pa doesn't really have schools like St. Eds or Blair. The wealth is spread all throughout the state.
Exactly. Although when I left BecaHi was doing a lot of recruiting that was pissing tons of the AA schools off. For my entire life it was a race between Easton, Nazareth, and Northampton (with Parkland always being a tough out) but now the entire state has caught up to D11.

Micah and Bo lose most likely costing tOSU the title.

I wonder how Jeff feels about that?

Pa is much higher than 50%
Fair enough, like I said I was quoting the coach. (I can tell you who if you PM.) but my main point was about how it rapidly shrinks once you get outside the power states. Especially because you don’t have to be at the same standard to have decent results

And that’s what I’m trying to explain lol. How spread out the good coaching is in Ohio and PA vs places like the south. I just can’t do silly things like words and articulation today lol

I’m rooting for Ohio State to pull off the title but I get the feeling that it will somehow come down to heavyweight and Snyder needing to win. Of course I’m pulling for the big man Adam Coon to go out with a title, so I guess congrats again PSU. Lol

What does it mean to be an All-American? Do you automatically get this title when you wrestle in an NCAA championship? Someone, please inform me. I thought you got this title if you get in an 3rd/2nd/1st division NCAA tournament.

What does it mean to be an All-American? Do you automatically get this title when you wrestle in an NCAA championship? Someone, please inform me. I thought you got this title if you get in an 3rd/2nd/1st division NCAA tournament.
top 8 place finishers are considered All-Americans

Conel has had a great tournament.

Why has Iowa State fallen off a cliff?

Google drive is giving me shit. Here are the picks:
jlowe
Piccininni (6)
Brock (4)
Yanni (3)
Retherford (1)
Pantaleo (5)
Massa (7)
Bernstein (8)
Parker (10)
Darmstadt (2)
White (9)

Bluntforce420
Suriano (4)
Bridges (8)
Heil (6)
tsirtsis (10)
Nolf (3)
Massa (7)
Amine (5)
Nickal(1)
Weigel (9)
Coon (2)

tec87
Lee (3)
Bridges (8)
Heil (6)
Retherford (1)
Panteleo (5)
Massa (7)
Kutler (4)
Dean (9)
Boykin (10)
Coon (2)

Jack36767
Lee (3)
Meuller (10)
McKenna (4)
Retheford (1)
Pantaleo (5)
Massa (7)
BoJo (6)
Foster (8)
Darmstadt (2)
White (9)

Te Huna Matata
Suriano (4)
Meuller (10)
Jack (5)
Retherford (1)
Nolf (3)
Massa (7)
BoJo (6)
Dean (9)
Darmstadt (2)
Hall (8)

riddleofsteel
Rios (9)
Gross (1)
McKenna (4)
Tsirtsis (10)
Nolf (3)
Rodgers (8)
Lujan (7)
Abounader (5)
Miklus (6)
Coon (2)

Hows everyones picks going?

125: Suriano (4th seed) Finals
133: Bridges (8th seed) 8th
141: Heil (6th seed) DNP
149: Tsirtis (10th seed) 7th
157: Nolf (3rd seed) Finals
165: Massa (7th seed) DNP
174: Amine (5th seed ) 3rd
184: Bo (1st seed) Finals
197: Weigel (9th seed) DNP
Hwt: Coon (2nd seed) Finals

Exactly. Although when I left BecaHi was doing a lot of recruiting that was pissing tons of the AA schools off. For my entire life it was a race between Easton, Nazareth, and Northampton (with Parkland always being a tough out) but now the entire state has caught up to D11.

I wrestled a kid from BeCa back in the day. This was before they were the beast of a team they are now though.

I had 3 different coaches during my time. All 3 were at least district champs. One went on to coach at a D3 college. I wrestled in PA district 2 which is one of the smaller and weakest districts in the state so we didn't have any high profile coaches but there were only 1-2 in the area who I knew were shit.

Zack Machovsky was a good wrestler for Drexel right? How good was he? Score any big wins?

He was a very solid wrestler with a 30 win season his senior year..... And he never qualified for NCAAs... that shows you how good Division 1 wrestling is.

And that’s what I’m trying to explain lol. How spread out the good coaching is in Ohio and PA vs places like the south. I just can’t do silly things like words and articulation today lol

I understand what you were getting at I just don't think it hold true for PA and that's one of the main reasons they've been the GOAT state

Back