NCAA Wrestling

Ohio State is having a rough semis.

Sa'Derian Perry enters the tournament with a losing record and now hes an AA

Crazy

He’s also the first Eastern Michigan AA since 1999. That program has definitely been on the upswing with David Bolyard at the helm.

In previous years it seems like there was hints of some of these guys doing MMA after but I haven't heard of any possible converts this year?

I guess there is this kid, but F him. He is a nut job that doesn't deserve to compete.

Last edited:
Austin DeSanto is a piece of shit and I hope he never AA in his college career.

It's a disgrace that he wasn't barred from the tournament after that.

did he fuck the dudes shoulder up?

Takeaways from State numbers
Illinois had a very down year. Ohio had second most all Americans but no finalists. Bad semis overall. PA did it’s thing. The south snuck in a few AAs again. Jersey did it’s thing for the most part. States like Michigan underperformed. The states “seemed”?more diverse than usual

Takeaways from State numbers
Illinois had a very down year. Ohio had second most all Americans but no finalists. Bad semis overall. PA did it’s thing. The south snuck in a few AAs again. Jersey did it’s thing for the most part. States like Michigan underperformed. The states “seemed”?more diverse than usual
I’m actually ok with it. To me, that means the sport as a whole is getting stronger and I like it. Though I do wish a few more guys from Illinois would’ve gotten a bit farther in the tournament. Oh well

I’m actually ok with it. To me, that means the sport as a whole is getting stronger and I like it. Though I do wish a few more guys from Illinois would’ve gotten a bit farther in the tournament. Oh well
Yes but the asterisk next to some (especially the south) states is that the “studs” coming out aren’t really typical good to elite “high school” kids are club system kids from really affluent families that can pay for the club and to travel in the school offseason. Or all of the talent (including coaching) somehow.. ends up at the same 3-4 schools lol

Now trust me, I understand this is a trend in high school sports and wrestling in general. But because those weaker states don’t have any depth or nearly as much good/solid coaching spread out. The south will take a long long time to actually produce the depth or numbers that will get it above a couple club studs a year. And that club trend and transfer trend everywhere is one of the biggest things hurting high school numbers

*even in PA/OH very good coaches have commented “maybe” 50% of high school coaches actually know what they’re doing, in middle school maaaaybe a quarter do.. and youth even less. And that’s in the two deepest states

Yes but the asterisk next to some (especially the south) states is that the “studs” coming out aren’t really typical good to elite “high school” kids are club system kids from really affluent families that can pay for the club and to travel in the school offseason. Or all of the talent (including coaching) somehow.. ends up at the same 3-4 schools lol

Now trust me, I understand this is a trend in high school sports and wrestling in general. But because those weaker states don’t have any depth or nearly as much good/solid coaching spread out. The south will take a long long time to actually produce the depth or numbers that will get it above a couple club studs a year. And that club trend and transfer trend everywhere is one of the biggest things hurting high school numbers

*even in PA/OH very good coaches have commented “maybe” 50% of high school coaches actually know what they’re doing, in middle school maaaaybe a quarter do.. and youth even less. And that’s in the two deepest states

Pa is much higher than 50%

Pa is much higher than 50%
Lol yeah that was a terrible stat. My high school was a brand new program when I was in middle school and both our coaches wrestled D1 and frequently brought in current D1 wrestlers to help us out. I'm positive yours was better.

Back