**2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v9: Raptors - Contenders or Pretenders?

How far do the craps go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP0 injuring himself trying to draw a foul again. He's a pro at that.

Gawd, Harden is so silky smooth. Probably the best handles in the league

Blazers have been balling out but Warios (when healthy) and Houston are just on another level.

Arvydas sabonis was 31 years old when he joined the NBA, still made NBA all rookie team
What I would have given to see a prime Sabonis aged 25-29 already with 3+ years of league experience under his belt.

He would have devoured Smits and Eaton. He would have been an epic rival to Dream, Robinson, and Ewing in the late 80's and early 90's.

Trayvon is an overrated can. If he wasn't on a stacked team he would be a nobody.
wn20130715a1a-870x673.jpg

Rubio gets it again. They're really after this dude lmao. Schroeder dropped 41/5/7 in a win in this game too lol

So he sucks, historically for a MVP level wing mind you, at the 1 part of the game that can be learned and improved quite easily....

They are called FREE for a reason my dude
Show me a thick dude who can shoot free throws well

Show me a thick dude who can shoot free throws well
ya, b/c wings are FORCED to lift weights to get bigger than their natural size, amirite?
he has a worse career FT % than Zach Randolph ffs, as well as Pekovic
anyhoo,
Mo Buckets
Kevin Love clearly
Jim Jackson
Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol are both higher
both Lopez bros ffs have higher career FT averages
Arvydas Sabonis was a better FT shooter
Larry Johnson was too
I can keep going but this is too monotonous

Gawd, Harden is so silky smooth. Probably the best handles in the league
Best handles in the league? Is this a joke. Harden does some things that are simply amazing. He's a great shooter and he's great at leaving that ball out there for defensive player to try and swipe at and get the foul. He's also a great driver and finisher, his Euro step is top notch. He's great at timing when to go up with the shot to draw the foul as well.

But I'm sorry, ball handling is not something Harden is great at. He's not even good at it. You don't repeatedly set the turnover record year after year by having the best handles in the league. In all honesty, other than defense, it's the worst part of his game. It's certainly the worst part of his offensive game. He's clumsy with the ball. He loses control on normal dribble moves. He also, while being a great passer, makes some of the worst passes on Earth when he doesn't have a handle of the ball. Compared to guys like Kyrie or his teammate CP3, Harden has less handles than a bicycle.

Last edited:
Hunter is for free throws what I am to going weak hand driving. If you can't do it, i cant respect you. That's work ethic and essential shit. Shows me you literally cut off 50% of potential offense because you are an idiot

Best handles in the league? Is this a joke. Harden does some things that are simply amazing. He's a great shooter and he's great at leaving that ball out there for defensive player to try and swipe at and get the foul. He's great at timing when to go up with the shot to draw the foul as well.

But I'm sorry, ball handling is not something Harden is great at. He's not even good at it. You don't repeatedly set the turnover record year after year by having the best handles in the league. In all honesty, other than defense, it's the worst part of his game. It's certainly the worst part of his offensive game. He's clumsy with the ball. He loses control on normal dribble moves. He also, while being a great passer, makes some of the worst passes on Earth when he doesn't have a handle of the ball. Compared to guys like Kyrie or his teammate CP3, Harden has less handles than a bicycle.

Flat earth has beat handles and harden really isn't even close to that level. He is risky business tho more so than almost anybody

ya, b/c wings are FORCED to lift weights to get bigger than their natural size, amirite?
he has a worse career FT % than Zach Randolph ffs, as well as Pekovic
anyhoo,
Mo Buckets
Kevin Love clearly
Jim Jackson
Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol are both higher
both Lopez bros ffs have higher career FT averages
Arvydas Sabonis was a better FT shooter
Larry Johnson was too
I can keep going but this is too monotonous

lol most of the guys you named are cans or barely played at a high level in the nba

pekovic, really? dude played 270 games over 6 seasons

mo buckets sucks

don't compare lebron to pua or klove when it comes to body types

Best handles in the league? Is this a joke. Harden does some things that are simply amazing. He's a great shooter and he's great at leaving that ball out there for defensive player to try and swipe at and get the foul. He's also a great driver and finisher, his Euro step is top notch. He's great at timing when to go up with the shot to draw the foul as well.

The turnovers are always going to be high with Harden just because he handles the ball so much. He wasnt clumsy last night. He is also great at stopping on a dime with full control and changing directions.

So he sucks, historically for a MVP level wing mind you, at the 1 part of the game that can be learned and improved quite easily....

They are called FREE for a reason my dude

This is simply not true... Most players do not make great strides in their free throw shooting percentage over their career, and even when some players do, they tend to regress back to what they were at another point in time.

Duncan was one of the oddest examples of this... he struggled as a 60s% FT shooter, and then miraculously shot .799 in 01-02... two years later shot .599, his worst ever, and generally he's been all over the place for his career.

I'm much more inclined to declare you're either good at free throws or you're not, rather than oh, anyone can learn them. And I think there's plenty of evidence to support that.

Perhaps you'll find some one off example, but generally good free throw shooters stay good, average stay average and poor stay poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back