**2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v9: Raptors - Contenders or Pretenders?

How far do the craps go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
poor man's Siakam?

are you forgetting his assists/distributing ability? Curry won MVP twice w/o even leading the team in assists.....

Dray has advantage in 3 point shooting and assists, everything else is comparable.

again, its only Siakims 2nd year. He is a very good ball handler, very good play maker. he doesnt have the plays drawn up for him to ball handle or make plays like Dray does. Much like Dray in his 2nd year.

I know you really never see him play but trust me, kid is extra nice with the vision and passing ability. he just rarely has the ball in his hands......... yet

Dray has advantage in 3 point shooting and assists, everything else is comparable.

again, its only Siakims 2nd year. He is a very good ball handler, very good play maker. he doesnt have the plays drawn up for him to ball handle or make plays like Dray does. Much like Dray in his 2nd year.

I know you really never see him play but trust me, kid is extra nice with the vision and passing ability. he just rarely has the ball in his hands......... yet
fair enough, but even his per 36 APG numbers this year aren't even HALF of what draymond does in 32

it's not so much he gets play drawn for him, as he's not that good offensively so he's forced to create rather than either take the open 3 they give him or drive out of control as he does

fair enough, but even his per 36 APG numbers this year aren't even HALF of what draymond does in 32

it's not so much he gets play drawn for him, as he's not that good offensively so he's forced to create rather than either take the open 3 they give him or drive out of control as he does

yet he is a better finisher at the rim than Dray is.......

and as i said, look at Drays 2nd year. you asking alot for Siakim to be that level so fast. Neither guy is Ben Simmons, you know, a legit all world talent.

and of course if you are never ball handling or asked to create for others you gonna have way less assists or opportunities than a guy like Dray who gets to ball handle a shit ton. thats also why Dray turns it over way more

if you look at it assist to turnover they arent that far apart.

and as i said, look at Drays 2nd year. you asking alot for Siakim to be that level so fast. Neither guy is Ben Simmons, you know, a legit all world talent.

and of course if you are never ball handling or asked to create for others you gonna have way less assists or opportunities than a guy like Dray who gets to ball handle a shit ton.
marc Jackson still started David Lee, i'm not sure draymond so much as 'got better' in his 3rd year on, as it was he was just playing Starters minutes

marc Jackson still started David Lee, i'm not sure draymond so much as 'got better' in his 3rd year on, as it was he was just playing Starters minutes

i added late but i feel its a good point, assist to turnover ratio is about the same.

now the question is if Siakim gets more burn vs starting units can he still do this??

i think we find out soon because Ibaka is pretty trash without lots of rest. Siakim will be starting PF next year or the year after at latest. Not bad for a guy who starting balling at almost 17 years old. he just one of those dudes with natural instincts and talent.

i added late but i feel its a good point, assist to turnover ratio is about the same.

now the question is if Siakim gets more burn vs starting units can he still do this??

i think we find out soon because Ibaka is pretty trash without lots of rest. Siakim will be starting PF next year or the year after at latest. Not bad for a guy who starting balling at almost 17 years old. he just one of those dudes with natural instincts and talent.
i'd already start Siakam over Ibaka IMO, although I realize why they keep him in (apparent stretch 4 shooting i'd guess)
Ibaka is weird, became a minor 'star' for D and Rebounding, now does everything but that haha

i'd already start Siakam over Ibaka IMO, although I realize why they keep him in (apparent stretch 4 shooting i'd guess)
Ibaka is weird, became a minor 'star' for D and Rebounding, now does everything but that haha

he never got the memo that the Raptors style has changed. He is still ISO, black hole, rarely make quick decision or good pass. God he drives me nuts.

He is decent on PnR coverage and in small ball lineups. I really wish Siakim could shoot 3s even at 33% he would be a massive upgrade over Ibaka. Its all he really needs to work on this summer and next year to be a starter.

Ibaka also has no will to fight for rebounds. Any big can manhandle him for position and he doesnt really fight back until its some stupid tackle or throwing punches out of frustration of being manhandled. Everytime he puts it on the floor its a turnover waiting to happen and he cant go left at all lol

besides that, yea Ibaka is great lol lol

Siakim actually stacks up pretty well against Gaymond and it's only his second year. Obviously Green has a much bigger role in his teams offense but Siakim is no joke

Siakim actually stacks up pretty well against Gaymond and it's only his second year. Obviously Green has a much bigger role in his teams offense but Siakim is no joke
not exactly, he's taller and longer and more athletic...

yet he allows a 47.5% from opponents he's defending, for a +0.9 DFG differential
Draymond allows a 42.4%, a -4.1 differential....and if we want to use say 2013/14 Draymond for the more inexperienced version more akin to Pascal.....42.0% for a -3.6% differential

and of course if you are never ball handling or asked to create for others you gonna have way less assists or opportunities than a guy like Dray who gets to ball handle a shit ton. thats also why Dray turns it over way more

if you look at it assist to turnover they arent that far apart.

You also have to take into consideration that gaymond has guys like staph, durcant, and ghey to pass it to for easy assists; siakim plays with two guys who create a lot of their own offense and aren't known as great spot up shooters (derozcan and lowsy).

It’s truly amazing that Toronto has managed to win jack shit with clones of Kobe, Lizard and Gaymond on their team. I’m sure JV is a better version of Jokic or some shit too in whatever twilight zone we’re living in.

per game stats with no context?? i would say i expect more from you, but i really dont.

Look Beri, when the comparison is so laughably absurd you have the right to merely point and say "SCOREBOARD"

I don't even have a problem with Pascal Siakam but he's a bit player with a little promise and that's it until proven otherwise.

Draymond is the defensive anchor and facilitator on one of the greatest teams in NBA history. His ability to defend bigs and then stretch the floor and make plays is one the biggest reasons the Warriors essentially changed the league. He's also, proclaimed by everyone, the heart of the team.

Pascal is some young talent averaging 7pts and 4 rebs in limited minutes... he's accomplished absolutely nothing.

It’s truly amazing that Toronto has managed to win jack shit with clones of Kobe, Lizard and Gaymond on their team. I’m sure JV is a better version of Jokic or some shit too in whatever twilight zone we’re living in.

pretty amazing they have almost the same record as golden state, too.

must be a twilight zone where the Raptors bench is the top netdif in the league and all the players you mentioned are contributing big to a first place team.

but, i digress. how about that Laker potential?? lets get 3 pages of those blue chippers discussed LOL

Yeah go find where I ever posted 3 pages about the lakers potential or compared their players to HOF players and champions lmao

Look Beri, when the comparison is so laughably absurd you have the right to merely point and say "SCOREBOARD"

I don't even have a problem with Pascal Siakam but he's a bit player with a little promise and that's it until proven otherwise.

Draymond is the defensive anchor and facilitator on one of the greatest teams in NBA history. His ability to defend bigs and then stretch the floor and make plays is one the biggest reasons the Warriors essentially changed the league. He's also, proclaimed by everyone, the heart of the team.

Pascal is some young talent averaging 7pts and 4 rebs in limited minutes... he's accomplished absolutely nothing.

Dray is a solid role player. I dont buy your premise that he is irreplaceable or the "heart of the team" because he has the biggest mouth and diva personality.

i make fun of this realGM like idea that Dray is the most lockdown 1v1 defender of all time, all world, all nba, team usa calibre if on another team 1st or 2nd option type 2 way dynamo.

nah. not one bit. Is he stretching the floor at 30% btw?? shit. Ibaka shoots better 3s lol

Los Angeles Lakers Championships: 16
Toronto Raptors Finals Appearances: 0

Yeah go find where I ever posted 3 pages about the lakers potential or compared their players to HOF players and champions lmao

nah you guys just waste air about Kuz being some super high potential starter and Ball being..... hall of famer and champion Jason Kidd like..... lol

meanwhile i talk about the best bench in the league, putting up insane numbers and its all full of rookies and 2nd year players but im out of line.

That bench is better than the Lakers starters. Flat out. I'd bet on it.

Barrie. Look. As a Raps fan, you and your ilk are doing us a disservice. the team should be everyones favourite to come out of the East and beat Lebron, but you not only make it incredibly hard to root against YOU and your arrogance, but the players as well, when you compare them to Draymond, and Rapists. people arent even hoping the raps fail for "basketball reasons", they're hopikng they fail to spite you, and your annoying, incessant need for validation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back