***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v8 - STEPHS CLIMB FOR HIS THIRD NBA MVP EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy's 40. He is what he is at this point.

Spurs era is over. Unless they get the friendly rigged lottery, they’ll go back to being a perennial doormat.

Perennial doormat?
Your attempts at being humorous are just making you look like an ignorant ass. The spuds have made the playoffs every year since 1998. Before that, they were perennial contenders until the year that the rear admiral got hurt.

Perennial doormat?
Your attempts at being humorous are just making you look like an ignorant ass. The spuds have made the playoffs every year since 1998. Before that, they were perennial contenders until the year that the rear admiral got hurt.

Revo started watching basketball when CP0 showed up on the Clippers. Don't expect him to know anything.

Perennial doormat?
I’m talking about the years before Robinson, Karen.

They are a bunch of shot-huckers benefiting from the ridiculous spike in fouls called on contested 3PT shots in the past five years (now the rate is equal to contested shots at the rim) who like D'Antoni's teams doesn't stand a prayer of capitalizing on all those glorious stats (like their win differential) when the postseason comes, and the girly calls go away (for everyone except LeFlop and Hardcan), while defenses are investing all their effort in studying and preparing for volumetric offenses.

Advanced stats inform me that postseason success, even in this era of basketball that is barely recognizable to me, and doesn't make as much sense, is predicated on 3PT offenses built around efficient scorers. That isn't Toronto. Yet further, even the Warriors depend on Draymond to lock down that key. You need that to win championships. The Warriors have it.

What do the Raptors have? Ibaka? The guy who couldn't secure that even when flanked by Perkins, and behind the power of Durant/Westbrook/Harden?

My skepticism persists.

yea well your the guy who said the pistons are feared LOL so forgive me if i think your opinion on matters isnt worth much

i bet you thought like some around here that the Bucks were gonna be good this year or good after the kidd firing. Nah, another not feared shit team.

lol i cant believe they didnt get it.

truth is even with Robinson they were never gonna be shit. getting Duncan changed shit and then they started drafting so well with late picks, surreally well. Raptor style except Raps havent landed that Kawhi type which is insane to get with a late pick.

Spurs have the best winning percentage of any NBA team. If you filter out the years with Duncan and Robinson they are 11th.

aka the usual Revo failure. Go back to stealing other people's gimmicks.

truth is even with Robinson they were never gonna be shit. getting Duncan changed shit and then they started drafting so well with late picks, surreally well. Raptor style except Raps havent landed that Kawhi type which is insane to get with a late pick.
Not really surprised tbh. We’re talking about posters who no one really pays attention to.

Riiiight...because it was obvious that you were talking about the 80's, when you probably didn't even know that the sport existed.

Riiiight...because it was obvious that you were talking about the 80's, when you probably didn't even know that the sport existed.

You bringing that noise to me? I was a pistons fan in the 80s. Trust me I remember San Antonio being a joke til the 90s. I think they won 20 games the year before he joined the team lol

No defense played in this Knicks raps game so far lol raps gonna have 100+ in 3 quarters

Raps just interchange games where they win via offense or via defense. Can happen either way unlike years past and when they put both together the top teams fall ;)

Wiggins has been a very big disappointment.

He had so much hype.

Wiggins has been a very big disappointment.

He had so much hype.

The hype in Canada even bigger like he was gonna lift the country to a Olympic medal. He will be lucky to get a participation ribbon

Jabari Parker had a lot of hype too.

What has he done for Milwaukee?

I never understood the bucks hype. I said it last year and this year. It's a long team but they don't really defend well, no shooters and a offense that relies on fast breaks because their half court sucks.

They are no threat in the yoffs. Pre season around here people lauding them and the timberwolces and I said I don't see either team as shit but a lower seed first round loser

Timberwolves were at least a 2nd round team until Butler went out. The West is a 2 team conference so that really isn't saying much at this point however.

The hype in Canada even bigger like he was gonna lift the country to a Olympic medal. He will be lucky to get a participation ribbon

Yup, pretty much. And fuck don't get me started on Bennett.

Luckily Canada has a good pipeline of high schoolers coming up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back