***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v7 - OH THE HUMANITY!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/138277169/

and for the record, you should usually know what you're talking about before spouting off

i don't make conditions or clauses, it's usually the other guys that try to build in that

My apology @wlu.29 but from previous experience you've made outrageous bet proposals that only benefited you. Then you act like the other person is a puss for not accepting it.

Bern has played 217 post season games. That's more than 2.5 seasons worth. he started playing an 82 game season when he was 18/19. He recently turned 33. Anyone who thinks there is anything left but the downslide of his abilities is literally insane. The only question is whether he's willing to alter his game to meet this reality.

Agree 100%

Lebron has played 100 more games than Jordan did in his career including those two years in Washington. (Reg Season and Playoffs)

The general rule is players decline after 1000 NBA games... Lebron is at 1300. Kobe played 1566 total, but was completely cooked at 1450.

Interesting move..... Want to see how much they're paying him tho

My apology @wlu.29 but from previous experience you've made outrageous bet proposals that only benefited you. Then you act like the other person is a puss for not accepting it.

This is true, last time Wlu made a wager with me it was who would score more points Fred Van Vleet or Josh Hart on a given night... and he wanted to bet a Kidney, I couldn't accept those stakes and he kept calling me a pussy over it.

He's a mad man.

Interesting move..... Want to see how much they're paying him tho

Damn, I guess Clips isn't having a fire sale. Maybe it's true that they want to build off the current players while having enough room for an all star to sign.

you can just say you made a mistake and dont know

it's ok

Oh I know about your proposals. I know. No shame in your game bruh - you like to bet and make sure you win all the time.

This is true, last time Wlu made a wager with me it was who would score more points Fred Van Vleet or Josh Hart on a given night... and he wanted to bet a Kidney, I couldn't accept those stakes and he kept calling me a pussy over it.

He's a mad man.

pretty sure you were called a pussy a host of other reasons unrelated to gambling

Damn, I guess Clips isn't having a fire sale. Maybe it's true that they want to build off the current players while having enough room for an all star to sign.
Between Harris, Jordan and Williams, the Clips are only a good PG away from being contenders.

Between Harris, Jordan and Williams, the Clips are only a good PG away from being contenders.

I guess they don't have much option since Papa Doc traded all their draft picks.

I guess they don't have much option since Papa Doc traded all their draft picks.
Having doc be gm and hc was a terrible move. Glad they finally took that away from him and just look at what Jerry has done. Now they have a deep team with some young pieces to build around. They should dump Bradley and Jordan for draft picks, young players and expiring contracts.

They could be doing it to raise his trade value though. I'm sure good old Jerry wants some picks out of him.

Pop Quiz

Would Lebron going to Houston... and Houston likely losing Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson... even make Houston a better team?

I think no... I think you're getting a redundancy of duties. Is Lebron going to learn to play primarily off the ball? Who are your knockdown spot up shooters once you lose Gordon and Anderson? Who fills Capela's role with any level of competency?

In the short term it doesn't improve that team, and it makes it hard to bring in anyone else.
If you keep them they probably still don't beat the Warios. Remember, those cans were all on the team who got blown out by a Kiwi-less Spurs team.

Lebron still has at least 3 more good years and Morey will be able to get good players on cheap contracts to fill out the roster.

They could be doing it to raise his trade value though. I'm sure good old Jerry wants some picks out of him.
If the deal is signed they can't trade him for 6 months. Still a good short term deal for a really good player.

Watching LeBum and the Trashaliers fall apart is glorious. Thank goodness the game tonight I won’t have to hear their biased crew commentating “OMG LEBRON JUST MADE A WIDE OPEN LAY UP ON THE OPENING SHOT OF A REGULAR SEASON GAME I JUST JIZZED MY PANTS GREATEST EVER AHHHHHHHHH!!!”

I think it's a questionable move. It also has a fairly short window and as much as you seem to like Lebron, at some point all the drama that follows him just validates all the criticisms about him as a leader and teammate.

Seriously, if Houston gets Lebron, he HAS to learn to play off ball and dial it up on defense or it won't be all that helpful and you'll end up with CP3 being relegated to standing in the corner all the time.

You never came out with any info on Kyrie / James but that comment from Kyrie "I don't want to play another minute with Lebron James"

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...Want-To-Play-Another-Minute-With-LeBron-James

That's one hell of an indictment, considering he's unquestionably winning that separation with the Cavs crumbling and Boston looking promising.

I think Lebron is at the front step of the end of his career, and his ego and lack of self awareness is going to prevent him from success.

I think some of the criticism is valid and some isn't . LeBron alligns himself eith who he wants to then alienates others. I don't see him as a leader here. This wouldn't be his locker room. He knows that. Harden doesn't care but Paul does. Those two are too close not to make it work.

Kyrie wasn't Lebron's guy. They didn't hang out or have any personal relationship. Two separate entourages. Kyrie is a different dude too. LeBron is serious while Kyrie was way more laid back. He knew how important he was and decided it wasn't woryh it. Getting screamed at in practices and huddles was a no go.

His ego is an issue. I think they can work through it though because of Chris. I honestly thonk even the current broken version of Melo would work. As you said he could screw up the locker room too. His drive to beat MJ and the scoring record should tell him it's his last chance to win.

His legacy is going to look bad initially. I imagine a lot of guys are going to talk. He's got to win.

IT supposedly is the worst guy in that lockerroom. That says a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back