***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v5 - Curry is BACK!***

Best PG in the league

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up on that Rockets/Clippers stuff, Inside the NBA had me in stitches

honestly think my dude @HunterSdVa29 would do a better job guarding durant than crowder does

not shut him down like he did to redick but just hold him to below his season avg's
i know you're joking, but IMO it's hard to guard him using strength and bullying even though many try and that's what Crowder does. He's not Lebron, you can at least attempt to deny penetration t/ other means perhaps most easily theoretically through ball denial. I'm projecting if we were NBA players w/ that type of size/athleticism, not like literally us trying to guard a 6'11" w/ unlimited range.

It's why Mbah a Moute is generally such a great defender, he uses just enough size/strength to generally not allow the Lebrons or Giannis to just boll through him, but has the length/lateral quickness/anticipation and reaction to play the finesse guys w/ finesse.

The way the reffing is these days, you have to kinda match strength w/ strength and finesse w/ finesse or else it's way too obvious who's initiating the contact. Battier was also amazing at that, and I think that's why Kobe said he was the hardest defender he faced

props to my dude kyrie for sabotaging the cavs' future by forcing their hand at a trade

imagine how much better they'd be if that three-way deal had gone through and they got bledsoe and raul instead. instead they got a 5'6" disabled guy and a "durant stopper" who is as effective at guarding servant as the average poster itt

juice might as well stay home and rack up those glorious finals appearances. he's not winning no matter where he plays
LeBron to raptors for Jonas + norm Powell + lee van cleif and a 1st rounder

Raps with LeBron don't have to worry about rigged ref

Would take out golden showers in 5

I’m sure he’s at least smarter than someone who once said “We’re gonna turn this team around 360 degrees”

He’s another example of a great player bad coach/executive

i think alot of great players see the game so instinctually that they expect other players of less calibre to as well and make plays they might be able to make or see coming. Do a poor job of building to their own players strengths and identity. Thats why it seems like lots of time role guys make good coaches.

i know you're joking, but IMO it's hard to guard him using strength and bullying even though many try and that's what Crowder does. He's not Lebron, you can at least attempt to deny penetration t/ other means perhaps most easily theoretically through ball denial. I'm projecting if we were NBA players w/ that type of size/athleticism, not like literally us trying to guard a 6'11" w/ unlimited range.

It's why Mbah a Moute is generally such a great defender, he uses just enough size/strength to generally not allow the Lebrons or Giannis to just boll through him, but has the length/lateral quickness/anticipation and reaction to play the finesse guys w/ finesse.

The way the reffing is these days, you have to kinda match strength w/ strength and finesse w/ finesse or else it's way too obvious who's initiating the contact. Battier was also amazing at that, and I think that's why Kobe said he was the hardest defender he faced

LRMAM never making an all defense team is messed up. If he wasn’t complete garbage on the other end he’d get more minutes to get “noticed” more

I used to be jealous of Aaron Afflalo

Until he got put in a headlock like some unruly child lol

Only 13 fga for Towns, meanwhile a can like Teague puts up 17. Smh.

i just dont understand the spot the Cavs put themselves in with the trade. I hate boston and wanted it to not work out for them but its such a weird move for Cleveland for so many reasons, the biggest being the pick.

Isiah himself due for a new contract that could be big if he gets back to form. Do they wanna commit to him, too? if not wtf is the plan??

If they dont trade the pick to upgrade it feels like LeBron is gone. He might be gone anyways but as with Wiggins i think its proven LeBron could give 2 fucks about a rookie and waiting for them to develop, he wants and needs to win now. Why would Cleveland want a pick unless they are kind of assuming Lebron is leaving??

I really think Dan Gilbert is an idiot.
Lebron wouldnt re up and Kyrie was asking for a trade. Dan Jewbert saw this as an opportunity to blow it all up and have a top 3 pick. Hes gonna use his future assets to move TT and JR so that pick was/is his only real hope once Bron leaves for NY.

Yeah I think people are forgetting that Bron is bolting no matter what

Yeah I think people are forgetting that Bron is bolting no matter what

To where?

I really don't want him on the Lakers... I know it immediately makes the Lakers a playoff team and the Pacific Division match ups with the Warriors (who will still win) will be much more interesting.

But I just can't stomach it, I've never liked Lebron, he's like the antithesis to Kobe and I don't want that shit on our team. Rather have a few more losing seasons than a couple short playoff runs with a declining Lebron.

Hopefully he goes to the Knicks or something.

To where?

I really don't want him on the Lakers... I know it immediately makes the Lakers a playoff team and the Pacific Division match ups with the Warriors (who will still win) will be much more interesting.

But I just can't stomach it, I've never liked Lebron, he's like the antithesis to Kobe and I don't want that shit on our team. Rather have a few more losing seasons than a couple short playoff runs with a declining Lebron.

Hopefully he goes to the Knicks or something.
Who cares where you want him lmfao?

He’s gonna join the Lakes and stunt the growth of Fonzo and BI

They should trade lonzo for bronzo. He would be a legend in Cleveland

doubt lebron would go to the lakes if Lavar was still there.

Oh shit CiH doesn’t want Bron on the Lakers? Someone hit up Jeanie and let her know that this can’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back